Was jesus describing muslims?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AgeofKnowledge

We already know that as he's not smart enough to be THE antichrist. He's AN antichrist not THE antichrist.

As theologian John Piper said, "Both Paul and John picture a final time just before the second coming when a person of great demonic power will rise up in rebellion against the true Christ and his people. In the meantime, the satanic characteristics of that figure are always manifesting themselves in the world with greater or lesser dominance. The antichrist is coming and he is here already."

2 Thessalonians 2:7-8, "For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way. Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming;"

1 John 3:4 states that "...sin is lawlessness."

Obama is greatly spreading sinful lawlessness.

We, on the other hand, are those who don't condone and perpetuate sinful lawlessness but rather seek to keep God's commandments and retain our faith in the historical Jesus and the Gospel.

"Here is the perseverance of the saints who keep the commandments of God and their faith in Jesus." -Revelation 14:12

I watched the whole clip on youtube from a different link, not a shortened version. He was talking about all religions uniting and not being in war, he also talked about not targeting christians in egypt and referenced the hindus as well.

I can see where this is going....Guys he's not the antichrist! I've seen plenty of threads on this forum claiming obama is the antichrist. The bible describes the antichrist as giving false peace to the world first after signing a peace treaty with Israel. Last time I checked Obama was starting WW3!

All will be revealed when God wants it to be revealed :) So we should put all of our energy into ministering

Kreation

Sep 19, 2013
We already know that as he's not smart enough to be THE antichrist. He's AN antichrist not THE antichrist.

As theologian John Piper said, "Both Paul and John picture a final time just before the second coming when a person of great demonic power will rise up in rebellion against the true Christ and his people. In the meantime, the satanic characteristics of that figure are always manifesting themselves in the world with greater or lesser dominance. The antichrist is coming and he is here already."

2 Thessalonians 2:7-8, "For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way. Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming;"

1 John 3:4 states that "...sin is lawlessness."

Obama is greatly spreading sinful lawlessness.

We, on the other hand, are those who don't condone and perpetuate sinful lawlessness but rather seek to keep God's commandments and retain our faith in the historical Jesus and the Gospel.

"Here is the perseverance of the saints who keep the commandments of God and their faith in Jesus." -Revelation 14:12

I'm pretty sure the people who witnessed WW2 probably thought Hitler was the antichrist when he was persecuting the jews. Turned out he was only an antichrist. Although Obama is no saint, I think hitler was worse than Obama and I feel it should only get worse not better :)

A

AgeofKnowledge

Some antichrists plant and water the devil's seed and some harvest it. Obama is a planter, Hitler was a reaper. They both are ultimately judged if they don't repent. Hitler never repented and is in hell for eternity.

On your knees in repentance Obama. You need to repent from your heart and soul for the wickedness you are propagating.

I'm pretty sure the people who witnessed WW2 probably thought Hitler was the antichrist when he was persecuting the jews. Turned out he was only an antichrist. Although Obama is no saint, I think hitler was worse than Obama and I feel it should only get worse not better :)

Feb 26, 2011
Muslims respect and believe in all the prophets.because prophets were sent by God for the guidance of human beings.
All the prophets were pious people.
All the people should respect all the prophets.

Aug 5, 2013
I appreciate the citation.

I agree with Kreation here... it's yet another attempt to make Obama appear Muslim by taking his words of out context, even though the evidence against it far outweighs the evidence for. He has publicly declared time and time again that he is a Christian, and Islam would not accept him as one of their own for this alone (it would be a sin called apostasy, and several Muslim countries still execute people for it).

Obama has given speeches before about religious tolerance, even to the point of sounding atheist. Before he was elected, he gave one speech declaring that "even if Christianity were the national religion, which type of Christianity would it be?" (not an exact quote). Again... Christian, not atheist, but he's willing to empathize with other religions and realizes that his beliefs aren't everyone's.

Aug 5, 2013
Some antichrists plant and water the devil's seed and some harvest it. Obama is a planter, Hitler was a reaper. They both are ultimately judged if they don't repent. Hitler never repented and is in hell for eternity.

On your knees in repentance Obama. You need to repent from your heart and soul for the wickedness you are propagating.
The comparison is unnecessary, and is part of a logical fallacy known as reductio ad Hitlerum (comparing people to Hitler to demonize them). Hitler committed mass genocide, and Obama did not. While I don't appreciate many of the things Obama does (extension of the Patriot Act, attacking whistleblowers like Edward Snowden and Bradley Manning, extensive use of drones on civilian targets), I haven't seen him do anything "sinful". What would make Obama "an antichrist"? It just sounds like name-calling.

A

AgeofKnowledge

No it's not reductio ad Hitlerum. I'm speaking of causality which is the relation between an event (the cause) and a second event (the effect). Causality is also the relation between a set of factors (causes) and a phenomenon (the effect).

Anything that affects an effect is a factor of that effect. A direct factor is a factor that affects an effect directly, that is, without any intervening factors. (Intervening factors are sometimes called "intermediate factors"). The connection between a cause(s) and an effect in this way can also be referred to as a causal nexus.

I would have chosen a different example than Hitler myself but was replying to someone who had already invoked his name within the context of an antichrist spirit in this present age.

The comparison is unnecessary, and is part of a logical fallacy known as reductio ad Hitlerum (comparing people to Hitler to demonize them). Hitler committed mass genocide, and Obama did not. While I don't appreciate many of the things Obama does (extension of the Patriot Act, attacking whistleblowers like Edward Snowden and Bradley Manning, extensive use of drones on civilian targets), I haven't seen him do anything "sinful". What would make Obama "an antichrist"? It just sounds like name-calling.

D

doulos

Muslims respect and believe in all the prophets.because prophets were sent by God for the guidance of human beings.
Luk 16:16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

So why do muslim's follow the 7th century illiterate, lying, thieving, murdering, child doing (per islam's own writings) false prophet mohammad when Scripture says John (who died years before mohammad was born) was the last prophet? Was mohammad a pious person?

L

leonardronaldo

fozi, if i say muhammad is a false prophet, what is the proper judgement according to sharia law? because as Christian, i should say he is a false prophet, otherwise, i would be a muslim.

L

leonardronaldo

Luk 16:16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

So why do muslim's follow the 7th century illiterate, lying, thieving, murdering, child doing (per islam's own writings) false prophet mohammad when Scripture says John (who died years before mohammad was born) was the last prophet? Was mohammad a pious person?
maybe we should let her know about those points one by one ;)