What Bible's?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 7, 2015
I think the ESV and RSV are good translations..... but, I must admit to preferring the GWT for enjoyable reading. AND... I really enjoyed reading "The Story", though it certainly is not for study.

Nov 14, 2016
Hello, I've been trying to look into the most appropriate Bible for both accuracy and meaning. But find the KJV is laid out the best but not as accurate. I like it's number layout etc. The NIV is too lengthy and cheap in layout for me. The ESV is a nice size and nice content explanation etc, but awful in number layout. It's paragraph layout so verse remembering is near impossible.

Without having to buy every Bible on the market, does anyone know the most accurate, best laid out, decent meaning Bible that is translated properly. As none of my Bibles have the word slave for Jesus, they have servant. That's not accurate apparently.
I just want a decent, truthful Bible. Is it too much to ask? Is there one?
*** New American Standard Bible..