WHAT COMMANDMENT SHALL YOU KEEP

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
Ah so you do agree that we follow the moral law..... I'm glad to hear that ;) in reply to grace777

May 15, 2013
What shall you keep, the feast, the Sabbath, What shall you keep? what will bring Righteousness ? what will make you whole> keeping a Sader of the Passover what?
Deuteronomy 6:5 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.

Leviticus 19:18 “‘Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.

The Sabbath feast was made for them not to forget,; they were used as marking points to let the people to know what is going to take place. But as Paul has stated that no one has ever entered that rest, not even Adam and Eve and which we had thought that they has entered it, but did not.

Hebrews 4 Therefore, since the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us be careful that none of you be found to have fallen short of it. For we also have had the good news proclaimed to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because they did not share the faith of those who obeyed. Now we who have believed enter that rest, just as God has said, “So I declared on oath in my anger, ‘They shall never enter my rest.’” And yet his works have been finished since the creation of the world. For somewhere he has spoken about the seventh day in these words: “On the seventh day God rested from all his works.” And again in the passage above he says, “They shall never enter my rest.”

Therefore since it still remains for some to enter that rest, and since those who formerly had the good news proclaimed to them did not go in because of their disobedience,

Nov 22, 2015
A Christian would never have even read the Old Covenant and would be by nature fulfilling the law by walking in love only... that is that we have in us because of the new creation in Christ.

Romans 13:10 (NASB)
[SUP]10 [/SUP] Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

Galatians 5:14 (NASB)
[SUP]14 [/SUP] For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."

James 2:8 (NASB)
[SUP]8 [/SUP] If, however, you are fulfilling the royal law according to the Scripture, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF," you are doing well.

Romans 13:8 (NASB)
[SUP]8 [/SUP] Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law.

Last edited:
F

FreeNChrist

What shall you keep, the feast, the Sabbath, What shall you keep? what will bring Righteousness ? what will make you whole> keeping a Sader of the Passover what?
I should think we would all be doing as we are commanded by the living Christ. What is He commanding you to do?

E

eternally-gratefull

and then you sleep all day so you can't commit a sin and you're called a lazy servant.
That would be sin, because it breaks the law of loving God will your all, and your neighbor..that you could have served while you slept, and a lack of faith in God that he could keep you from sin.. I am sure I could find a few more sins from that attitude and action.

I once made a thread somewhere where a guy taught that everyone who commits sin is from the devil and you had to be sinless. My thread was: It works! I don't sin anymore!
I kicked the children out of the house.
lol.. People like that drive me crazy! I doubt he laughed at your joke, although it was funny!! ;)

E

eternally-gratefull

Love one another as He commanded....so what does that mean?

Would involve being obedient to the moral law?
It would be HOW we are obedient to the moral law.

P

Persuaded

I will try to keep all the commandments, but I will fail and in the end my only righteousness Jesus Christ and His blood that hides my sin from the eyes of my Father in Heaven.

Utah

Banned
Dec 1, 2014
I will keep the Greatest Commandment.

C

coby

I will try to keep all the commandments, but I will fail and in the end my only righteousness Jesus Christ and His blood that hides my sin from the eyes of my Father in Heaven.
Hides your sin? The blood of goats did that. His blood takes it away. It cleanses us.
Any sin I did yesterday or 10 minutes ago, when I confess it it's gone. 1 John 1:9 Corrie ten Boom said it's thrown in the depths of the sea and there's a sign: forbidden to fish.
Don't expect that you will keep on doing it. You're made righteous. Your spirit is 100 % holy.
We would get that question in church. Raise your hand if you're 100 % holy. Everyone hesitated.
The people from Paul's letters sinned. He called them saints.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Amen!....those commandments are from the law which Jesus fulfilled for us. Now we have new commandments in the New Covenant. Jesus loved the Lord His God with all His heart, soul, mind and strength and He loved His neighbor as Himself. He is the fulfillment of those commandments in the Old Covenant.

Now we are in Him and by His life in us we obey the new commandments and thus end up fulfilling the intent of the law through love.

1 John 3:23 (NASB)
[SUP]23 [/SUP] This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us.
Amen! Also, the Greek word for "keep" is "tereo" Strong's #5083 which means to keep, to guard, to watch over, preserve. It does not mean sinless perfect obedience 100% of the time to all of Christ's commandments.

Strong's Concordance
téreó: to watch over, to guard
Original Word: τηρέω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: téreó
Phonetic Spelling: (tay-reh'-o)
Short Definition: I keep, guard, observe
Definition: I keep, guard, observe, watch over.

HELPS Word-studies
5083 tēréō (from tēros, "a guard") – properly, maintain (preserve); (figuratively) spiritually guard (watch), keep intact.