What I feel about parables!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Seekingfamily

Jun 20, 2017
I admit, my thinking is different. As many have put it in my history. I am thinking a lot about parables, and the different displays of parables. I love parables, even more so knowning that Jesus used them. I see parables come from some by mouth, but also in action of many. I hope no one gets offended, I see you and I as parables. Let me explain my foundation on this...If I were locked up in a room all my life, never seeing anything, but blankness, but having the bible...Would I know what God was saying in the bible? I feel like I would be asking constantly "What is that?" "What, what do you mean?" Yes, a what child, lacking in knowledge, because I did not have visual with the word. So all are important, even if you try to destroy me..you to me, are a bible lesson. I also feel that all are scripture...Does not everyone's lives show the existence of truth. "Liar, what liar?" If they did not exist. Not condoning sin, but how do we transform, if never faced with it. Did we come from the womb knowing? Anyways, "Will you talk about how you feel about parables?" Do you like using parables often?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Parables was the method that Jesus chose to explain things to the apostles. I find it to be an effective method to get a point across. In the past I have used parables to explain something that was hard to grasp.

Seekingfamily

Jun 20, 2017
Many time I would say something that created bewildered looks, and had to put it in a parable! Loved when they would they would say "I see what you mean!"

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Many time I would say something that created bewildered looks, and had to put it in a parable! Loved when they would they would say "I see what you mean!"
They were blind but now they see.

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017
MATTHEW; 13 1-3; The same day went Jesus out of the house,and sat by the sea side. 2; And great multitudes were gathered together unto him,so that he went into a ship,and sat, and the whole multitude stood on the shore. 3; And he spake many things unto them in parables,saying Behold, a sower went forth to sow.

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
Parables was the method that Jesus chose to explain things to the apostles. I find it to be an effective method to get a point across. In the past I have used parables to explain something that was hard to grasp.
Actually, I think exactly the opposite.

Jesus used parables so that people would not understand Him and were not healed.

He explained the parables to His elected ones, but a "better understanding" is not the point of parables.

----

"The disciples came to him and asked, "Why do you speak to the people in parables?"
He replied, "Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them.
This is why I speak to them in parables: "Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them."

Matthew 13

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2015
I use parables, allegories, symbolism, figurations, metaphors, analogies, and even echoisms in my everyday language all the time.

Just think of how often you hear, "It tastes just like chicken."

Seekingfamily

Jun 20, 2017
I understand that parables have hidden messages. Yet, having someone understand my parable made me feel like the message was for them. If they did not understand it, which has happened, I would just say "I don't know how to get you to see what I mean!"

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017
A lot of times when Jesus was speaking in parables , he would say such things as the kingdom of heaven is liken unto. parables are mostly like comparisons.

Feb 7, 2015
The very basis of many of our old standby jokes, like.... "A Priest, a Rabbi, and a Southern Preacher walk into...." is a parable.

Seekingfamily

Jun 20, 2017
Here is a parable I wrote once...

A STORY OF 2 SISTERS

One sister was named "Spirit", the other "Flesh". Flesh wanted to sneak out the window, and meet up with her friends at a party. Spirit tried to warn Flesh that their Father would be angry, if he were to come in, and find her not in her bed. Spirit knew the punishment would be severe, but Flesh would not listen. As Flesh climbed out the window, she bouted off insults to her sister. Spirit felt helpless, and cried. Spirit climbed into bed, and prayed for here sister. She prayed that Flesh would think about things, and come home quickly! For Father could enter at any moment, it is all his timing!

P

pottersclay

“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and hid; and for joy over it he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.

What is the treasure that Jesus talks about?

Seekingfamily

Jun 20, 2017
I myself don't know if I want to answer that, as Jesus said he made it a parable for a reason. That the seed that understand alone, without it being explained, it was meant for. If I myself try to explain it, "Would that be going against Jesus? By letting other know! Just wondering, not stomping on you, just trying to understand before getting myself in trouble

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Question: Matt 29:1-16 The Parable of the Labourers in the Vineyard

What do you think this parable means? What is Jesus trying to say to his disciples and why?

I need lots of input in this! Thanks!

graceNpeace

Aug 12, 2016

What do you think this parable means? What is Jesus trying to say to his disciples and why?

Hi Angela,

To me this parable points unmistakably to the grace of God!
In the parable the wage is salvation and it is the same for all no matter the circumstances under which they receive it.

I think that there is more to the message - but the centrality of it is as explained.

Feb 7, 2015

Basically, I think it means, "Hey, guys! Simply concern yourselves with YOU."

kaijo

Jul 31, 2017
“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and hid; and for joy over it he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.

What is the treasure that Jesus talks about?
I believe that "treasure" that the man found in the field...is a metaphor, for when a person realizes that he/she can actually escape from the "madness" of "this" world....and be saved. And that a "Better" world exists (Heaven). And by being "saved/converted" ...we now have gained "access" to "that" New and perfect World.

"That" is the "treasure" i believe the Lord was referring to ^^

kaijo

Jul 31, 2017

Could u post a link to Matt 29:1-16?

Im not sure whats going on...but i couldnt find a "29" in Matthew...on biblegateway ^^""

Though im interested to see what it says ^^

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Could u post a link to Matt 29:1-16?

Im not sure whats going on...but i couldnt find a "29" in Matthew...on biblegateway ^^""

Though im interested to see what it says ^^
that must have been a typo -- Matthew 20:1-16 is the workers in the vineyard parable.