What is baptism symbolic to?

• Thread starter AnnointedDisciple157
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AnnointedDisciple157

Hello everyone may the Lord's blessing be upon all you saints

Dec 25, 2012
Hello Annointed Welcome to CC. I believe is a step of faith.

T

Tintin

Baptism is a public declaration that you are owned by God. It's symbolic of dying to one's sins and rising to new life in Christ (partnering with Him in his death and resurrection).

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
Welcome! I agree with the others; water immersion baptism of adults (which is the kind I believe to be most appropriate, partly because that's how Jesus was baptized) is basically announcing to everyone that you want to follow Christ now; it's sort of proclaiming your Christianity. It's a great conversation starter for sharing your faith as well :)!

L

lancaster

In the 6th chapter of Romans Paul explains it as a symbolic burial with Christ. A washing away of sins by death with Christ. When Paul saw his vision of Christ on the road to Damascus it put him blind and a prophet was sent to him saying "Why tarriest thou, arise and be baptized, washing away thy sins calling on the name of the Lord." Baptism into Christ is one baptism, but it includes both of the water and of the Spirit. Jesus says in the 3rd chapter of John that except a man be born of the water and of the Spirit that he would not be able to enter into the kingdom of heaven. The book of Acts is one of the most important books in the bible because it shows how all these things took place in the early church.

Jul 20, 2017
I dont know. But lately something gave me a new hope in life and I gave up my old dreams and realized I want the real life and I love myself and dove in to the Fathers will. I washed away everything. I give everything. Maybe thats what being baptized in water and spirit means. Maybe water symbolizes spirit.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
People, this is a FIVE year old zombie thread. The OP is no longer here..

Sep 11, 2017
Hello guys... you should have checked the year before replying at least.:)

C

claysmithr

You could say it was... resurrected from the dead! :p