What is the soul?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 22, 2015
Where is the Lord now? If I die before the new earth and heaven are made..I will be with Him in the present heaven until then..

Revelation 21:1 (NASB)
[SUP]1 [/SUP] Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea.

Why do you think you are going to be in heaven at all?
Do you not wish to be part of the population of the new earth???

Nov 22, 2015
Have you ever wondered who these people are that are outside of the gates?

Revelation 22:14-15 (NASB)
[SUP]14 [/SUP] Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city.
[SUP]15 [/SUP] Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the immoral persons and the murderers and the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying.

He will be with us here. (Rev 21)

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 ... I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Nov 22, 2015
Romans 8:7 (NASB)
[SUP]7 [/SUP] because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so,

Yep..if you set your mind on what the flesh wants to do...you will not be a happy camper!..but if we set our mind on the spirit we have life and peace.

Romans 8:6 (NASB)
[SUP]6 [/SUP] For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace,

The carnal mind is part of the soul. It is perishing if we put it to death by putting on the mind of Christ.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Where is the Lord now?
He is with us here. He inhabits you if you are born again of
the Spirit of God. He also sits at the right hand of the Father.

If I die before the new earth and heaven are made..I will be with Him in the present heaven until then..
You will be in the ground awaiting the resurrection. The dead know nothing.

I found this. You like links...

http://www.truthaboutdeath.com/q-and-a/id/1601/doesnt-paul-say-that-to-be-absent-from-the-body-is-to-be-present-with-the-lord

Nov 22, 2015
2 Corinthians 5:6-8 (KJV)
[SUP]6 [/SUP] Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:
[SUP]7 [/SUP] (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
[SUP]8 [/SUP] We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Have you ever wondered who these people are that are outside of the gates?

Revelation 22:14-15 (NASB)
[SUP]14 [/SUP] Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city.
[SUP]15 [/SUP] Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the immoral persons and the murderers and the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying.

They are the ones consigned to the second death.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
2 Corinthians 5:6-8 (KJV)
[SUP]6 [/SUP] Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:
[SUP]7 [/SUP] (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
[SUP]8 [/SUP] We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
I addressed that already. Get thee to the page I gave the url for.

Nov 22, 2015
The Lord is definitely in our spirits now while we are in this present body....but we are not with Him physically now....we die....we go to be with Him physically

Nov 22, 2015
I read the article but it didn't answer about being with the Lord when we die.....plus there are so many people having experiences of being in heaven,..like little kids who are not bias.......sorry..can't see it..:)

I addressed that already. Get thee to the page I gave the url for.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I read the article but it didn't answer about being with the Lord when we die.....plus there are so many people having experiences of being in heaven,..like little kids who are not bias.......sorry..can't see it..:)
I am not surprised you missed it.

We see that the text in 2 Corinthians 5:8 does not say that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.

Can you see it now?

Nov 22, 2015
It doesn't use the word.."present"..it says we are away from the Lord because we are in this body..

F

FreeNChrist

"The Word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing as far as the division of soul (psuche) and spirit (pneuma), of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart" (Heb. 4:12). And the apostle Paul prayed for the Thessalonian Christians that "the God of peace Himself might sanctify them entirely; and their spirit (pneuma) and soul (psuche) and body (soma) might be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ" (1 Thess. 5:23). Psuche is the Greek word from which we get the English words "psyche," "psychology" etc.

Not "parts" of man, capable of being partitioned or compartmentalize. We are not trichotomous - cut in three, nor tripartite - three parts. We are functionally whole human beings who function at three levels: spiritual (spirit), psychological (soul), and physiological (body).