What is this LOVE?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013
[FONT=&quot]I CORIN 13: 8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

What is this love? What DOES IT LOOK LIKE? IS IT I "FEEL" or SOMETHING MORE!?![/FONT]

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1 John 5:2-3, "By this we know that we love the children of Yah, when we love Yah and guard His commands. For this is the love for Yah, that we guard His commands, and His commands are not heavy."[/FONT]

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013
1 John 5:2-3, "By this we know that we love the children of Yah, when we love Yah and guard His commands. For this is the love for Yah, that we guard His commands, and His commands are not heavy."
Yes! Amen! But is this Scripture saying our love is tangible, and if yes, what does that look like?

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
Yes! Amen! But is this Scripture saying our love is tangible, and if yes, what does that look like?
Leviticus 19

1, "And יהוה spoke to Mosheh, saying,"

2, "“Speak to all the congregation of the children of Yisra’yl, and say to them, ‘Be set-apart, for I יהוה your Strength am set-apart."

3, "‘Each one of you should fear his mother and his father, and guard My Sabbaths. I am יהוה your Strength."

4, "‘Do not turn to idols, and do not make for yourselves molded mighty ones. I am יהוה your Strength."

9, "‘And when you reap the harvest of your land, do not completely reap the corners of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest."

10, "‘And do not glean your vineyard or gather every grape of your vineyard, leave them for the poor and the stranger. I am יהוה your Strength."

11, "‘Do not steal, do not lie, do not deceive one another."

12, "‘And do not swear falsely by My Name and so profane the Name of your Strength. I am יהוה."

13, "‘Do not oppress your neighbor or rob him. The wages of him who is hired is not to remain with you all night until morning."

14, "‘Do not curse the deaf or put a stumbling-block before the blind, but fear your Mighty One. I am יהוה."

Acts 20:28, "Therefore, be on guard for yourselves and the whole flock over which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to feed the called out ones of YHWH, which Yahshua has purchased with His own blood."

15, "‘Do no unrighteousness in right-ruling. Do not be partial to the poor or favor the face of the great, but rightly judge your neighbor in righteousness."

James 2:1-4, “My brothers, show no partiality as you hold the faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory. 2For if a man wearing a gold ring and fine clothing comes into your assembly, and a poor man in shabby clothing also comes in, 3and if you pay attention to the one who wears the fine clothing and say, “You sit here in a good place,” while you say to the poor man, “You stand over there,” or, “Sit down at my feet,” 4have you not then made distinctions among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?

Isayah 1:17, “Learn to do what is good. Seek justice. Correct the oppressor. Defend the rights of the fatherless. Plead the widow’s cause.

John 5:30, “Of Myself I am unable to do any matter. As I hear, I judge, and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own desire, but the desire of the Father who sent Me."

John 7:24, “Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.”

You shall not go about tale-bearing or slandering
among your people.

James 4:11, "Brothers, do not speak against one another. He that speaks against a brother and judges his brother, speaks against the Law and judges the Law. And if you judge the Law, you are not a doer of the Law but a judge."

Proverbs 10:18, “He who hides hatred has lying lips, And he who sends out a slander is a fool.”

Psalm 31:18, “Let lips of falsehood be silenced, which speak recklessly against the righteous, With pride and scorn.”

16, "‘Do not go slandering among your people. Do not stand against the blood of your neighbor. I am יהוה."

Mat 7:12-14, "Therefore, all things you want men to do to you, do the same to them, for this is the (intent of the) Law and the Prophets. Enter in through the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many are those who go that way. Because straight is the gate, and narrow is the way which leads to life, and few there are who find it."

Mat 27:4, "saying, “I have sinned in delivering up innocent blood.” And they said, “What is that to us? You see to it!”

(stand against the blood of thy neighbour] This expression has been differently interpreted: taken in connexion with the preceding warning against being a talebearer, it seems to forbid endangering the life of an innocent man by bearing false witness. Cp. Eze 22:9, part of a passage which describes with verbal similarity many of the evil doings which are forbidden in this ch. and the preceding one. Witnessing truly against a murderer is not forbidden, and Targ. Ps-Jon. explains this clause so as to enforce that duty; ‘be not silent about thy neighbour’s blood, when thou knowest the truth.’ Another interpretation is, ‘thou shalt not stand (without rendering help) by the blood of thy neighbour,’ i.e. when he is in peril of his life.)

17, "‘Do not hate your brother in your heart. Reprove your neighbor, for certain, and bear no sin because of him."

Proverbs 24:25-26, "But he who rebukes the wicked will be a delight, and a righteous blessing will be called upon him. A fitting; appropriate, answer is like a kiss on the lips."

Proverbs 10:17, "He who keeps instruction is in the way of life, but he who refuses reproof goes astray."

Proverbs 12:1, "Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is brutish"

18, "‘Do not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the children of your people. And you shall love your neighbor as yourself. I am יהוה."

Luke 17:3-4, "So be on your guard! If your brother trespasses against you, rebuke him! But if he repents, forgive him! And if he trespasses against you seven times in one day, and seven times in that day turns to you, and says; I repent; then you must forgive him."Do not prostitute your daughter, to cause her to be a harlot; or the land will fall into harlotry, and the land will become full of wickedness. Do not turn to mediums nor familiar spirits. Do not seek after them, to be defiled by them. I am YHWH.

You shall stand up before the gray headed, and you shall honor the presence of an Elder or Teacher; thereby giving reverence to your Heavenly Father. I am YHWH.

Ephesians 6:2-3, "Honor your father and mother; which is the first commandment with a promise: That it may be well with you, and you may live long on the earth."

26, "‘Do not eat meat with the blood. Do not practice divination or magic."

29, "‘Do not profane your daughter by making her a whore, so that the land does not whore, and the land becomes filled with wickedness."

30, "‘Guard My Sabbaths and reverence My set-apart place. I am יהוה."

31, "‘Do not turn to mediums, and do not seek after spiritualists to be defiled by them. I am יהוה your Strength."

32, "‘Rise up before the gray-headed. And you shall favor the face of an old man, and shall fear your Strength. I am יהוה."

33, "‘And when a stranger sojourns with you in your land, do not oppress him."

34, "‘Let the stranger who dwells among you be to you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself. For you were strangers in the land of Mitsrayim. I am יהוה your Strength."

Luke 17:3-4, “So be on your guard! If your brother trespasses against you, rebuke him! But if he repents, forgive him! And if he trespasses against you seven times in one day, and seven times in that day turns to you, and says; I repent; then you must forgive him.”

Matthew 18:21-22, “Then Kĕpha came to Him and said, “Master, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?” יהושע said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.

Now I am sure we can go ask 1,000,000,000 people "what is love" and get a different answer every time, but I say if we ask YHWH "what is love" a 1,000,000,000 times, we will get the same answer every time....

Mat 24:12, "And because iniquity will abound, the love of the many will grow cold."

"iniquity" is: #0458 anomia {an-om-ee'-ah} from G0459

Greek Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)
1) the condition of without law 1a) because ignorant of it1b) because of violating it, 2) contempt and violation of law, iniquity, wickedness

Last edited:

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Well there is love then there is his love. love as the human heart knows is an emotion or a feeling it's an unstable high and low syndrome that can be deep and high one moment but after hard times can suddenly be lower than low. For many love is a word or that thing you read about in a fairy tail that you wish more than anything you could have when reality gives you that in your dreams and only in your dreams coulda had a v8 slap on the forehead.

This isn't to say that love doesn't exist in the human heart but it's not even close to the same as his. The love that comes from his heart alone however is alien to us, it's abnormal. his love is what makes a believer have love and compassion for even the most evil and blood stained souls, his love is not merely a feeling or an emotion it's a way of seeing, a way of thinking and it changes us inside and out. The more of his love we have in us the more we begin to see through his eyes, the more we begin to follow his train of thought and the more we take on his very nature.

His love is the supernatural steroid to a believers growth and faith and it is his love that compels us to do the things he desires us to do. Another thing I have learned is that the more of his love that we have in our hearts the more the bible itself is open to us. I often said how the bible is like an onion or the earths crust and I have see how his love gives us the eyes the be able to see into those deeper layers.