What is yourt thoughts on this

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 19, 2009
Matthew 7:12

King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]12 [/SUP]Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
Sounds like good advice.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Romans 12:18

King James Version (KJV)

18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

It's just not possible to get along with everyone .

Not sure how to respond to the other stuff .
Here are some scriptures showing what Christ did do when Christ went to the cross for us all. Christ being perfect had no need to go for himself. Since he is perfect, there was only the need to show us he is and was here to redeem us by his death and then makes us alive new by his resurrection. Hope the below helps you in your walk to know God just love you
Romans 5:11And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.
Ephesians 1:7
In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace
Colossians 1:14in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
Hebrews 9:12He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, thus obtaining eternal redemption.

This is and was for us all if we will believe and trust God that God did exactly what God has said God did.
Hebrews 7:27who does not need daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the people’s, for this He did once for all when He offered up Himself.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Sounds like good advice.
Yes I agree and followed it tried, put it on for size and just did not always fit.
Until one day I understood this, i was doing this out of creating my future, for if I do this I will get that, you know positive and negetive rewards.

Then I heard why are you creating your future by what you are doing by being good enough? I said is that not the way?
And I heard who is God? I said the creator of all. And then I heard and you are? I said a part of your total creation.
Then I heard so why don't you give up trying to create and be a responder to me (God) and I (God) will catch you in the palm of my hand, as you continue to listen and hear my voice, you will just naturally love all as I have and do love all.
So since I know I am the creation along with the rest of this world and God is the creator, it makes sense to respond rather than say or just think look at me, I need to be noticed, see what I am doing, I thus gave up being or trying to be God.
Now about blessings, recieving life everlasting from God by and through the cross of Christ, I see no better blessing do you?

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
so instead of being a work, this would be a response to God thanking god for the love he has poured out onto us all through
Christ?
Yes, but there is so much more.
Scripture says that if we want to know Him, (Jesus) we should walk as He walked.
It is in walking as Jesus walked, loving as He loves us, serving in Jesus, that one begins to see His kingdom.
For in doing all for others, that His love, truth and perfect is seen.

The more we learn and live as the scripture calls us to, we learn that all given, is to draw closer to Him and to the way to the perfect.

God bless
pickles

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Yes, but there is so much more.
Scripture says that if we want to know Him, (Jesus) we should walk as He walked.
It is in walking as Jesus walked, loving as He loves us, serving in Jesus, that one begins to see His kingdom.
For in doing all for others, that His love, truth and perfect is seen.

The more we learn and live as the scripture calls us to, we learn that all given, is to draw closer to Him and to the way to the perfect.

God bless
pickles
All the works after belief are a by-product of Faith Christ. they are God's work through the believer, if they aren't then pride and boastfulness enter into the equation and 2 Cor. 12:7 on takes effect
Ever been proud, boastful, thought you knew and found out you did not
All works of the flesh of us do not please God, please people, and is deceiving when others start the pat on the back thing that leads us to think we are good, when we are not only God is good.
So any good works are of God doing them through us the believers, just as Christ did God's work through him as led by who?
Yes the Holy Ghost. Who did Christ send a different Holy Ghost or the very same that led him? To you, you and you and all that believe, born again in the flesh, I think not, born again in the Spirit of God.
God today can only be worshipped in the Spirit of God

1. John 4:23
    Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.
    John 4:22-24 (in Context) John 4 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  2. John 4:24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”
    John 4:23-25 (in Context) John 4 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  3. John 14:17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.
    John 14:16-18 (in Context) John 14 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  4. John 16:13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

Born again is in the resurrected Christ, not the death of. The death was the cleansing, and the new life is in the resurrection, born again by God. a free Gift, and works follow, not ours, God's
    A man does not put his light under a lampstand for no one to see, rather he puts it on the lampstand for all to see.
    Christ is the Lamp and the Lampstand is our minds, where we are to be renewed in our thinking not of the world, rather of God's vantage point
    Hope I helped to clear this up

Aug 10, 2013
Matthew 7:12

King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]12 [/SUP]Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
It's the command to practice charity towards our neighbor. Charity is simply the love of God above all things and the love of our neighbor for His sake alone. True charity (the love of God) prompts us to rebuke our neighbor when we see our neighbor in sin and in danger of losing his or her soul. Charity prompts us to care for our neighbor as we care for ourselves for the love of God who made us.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
It's the command to practice charity towards our neighbor. Charity is simply the love of God above all things and the love of our neighbor for His sake alone. True charity (the love of God) prompts us to rebuke our neighbor when we see our neighbor in sin and in danger of losing his or her soul. Charity prompts us to care for our neighbor as we care for ourselves for the love of God who made us.
Yes Sister as long as we consider our flesh ways that get in the way of this. For we are in unredeemed bodies, born again of the Spirit of God. And are called to be dependent on God yes? would that be 100%of the time or part time?
Was Jesus himself 100% dependent on God? Is this not the example he left us all. to hear God and do and say as God says? by the Holy Ghost? Is not the Holy Ghost sent to you the very same one that led Christ? Is this the same Holy Ghost sent to us all that believe?
So again is it wise to die daily to self with Christ at the cross, and thus get from God our instructions for the day, and Love as God loves.
Go ahead and rebuke all you want till the cows come home. Because rebuke drives people away
We are reconciled by God through Christ, made right.
Colossians 1:22 in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

Rebuke tears away reconciliation and keeps one's self righteousness alive as in it is my way, your way or someone else's way in place of God's way, thinking they are doing it God's way when they are fooled by their own self way.
It is all God and no one else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we are if we believe God in this, fortunate recipients
And therefore might should praise as King David did in seeing the coming event of Christ that has now past

Psalm 100:4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

We have the message of reconciliation not rebuke
2 Corinthians 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
2 Corinthians 5:19 to wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Tell me how can anyone truly love their neighbor as Christ loved and loves them? let alone self.

Unless first they see
1 John 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.

Now think for a moment, how does one love? Is it only according to how much one perceives they are loved? Can it go any deeper that what one believes they are loved?
So can anyone of self; love anyone else unconditionally? As God did
Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Sep 4, 2012
Go ahead and rebuke all you want till the cows come home. Because rebuke drives people away

Rebuke tears away reconciliation and keeps one's self righteousness alive as in it is my way, your way or someone else's way in place of God's way, thinking they are doing it God's way when they are fooled by their own self way.
Sometimes rebuke is fulfilling the royal law.

Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, so thou shalt not bear sin on his account. And thy hand shall not avenge thee; and thou shalt not be angry with the children of thy people; and thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself; I am the Lord. Leviticus 19:17-18

My brothers, if anyone among you should wander away from the truth and someone turns him back, he should know that the one who turns a sinner back from the error of his way will save that person’s soul from death, and will cover over a great number of sins. James 5:19-20

C

Cino

Do Unto others as ye would have others do unto you..... love your neighbour as yourself....all the same. Treat others how you want them to treat you. This is very simple and doesn't need dissecting.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Sometimes rebuke is fulfilling the royal law.
Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, so thou shalt not bear sin on his account. And thy hand shall not avenge thee; and thou shalt not be angry with the children of thy people; and thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself; I am the Lord. Leviticus 19:17-18

My brothers, if anyone among you should wander away from the truth and someone turns him back, he should know that the one who turns a sinner back from the error of his way will save that person’s soul from death, and will cover over a great number of sins. James 5:19-20

and this is only done by God working God's works through you. Christ never actually accused, he let man's conscious do that for them and to them. Think on this wise for a little bit taking it to God our Father through Christ. For it is God leads