What would happen to Jesus if he were living as a man today...in 2015??

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 26, 2014
@crossnote

Yes, man's heart is and always has been wicked!

We are fickle and easy to judge others!

We would still turn on him, as they did then!
by grace and providence only(all credit to GOD), i (and his ekklesia/body of believers) never turned on him. i'm not fickle(neither are his body of believers(although some may be, and that's okay if it's okay with HIM) ), nor was it easy (through suffering jesus learned obedience, also ekklesia likewise, those who do learn) ) to learn from yahweh to judge others righteously(as yahweh does, not in the flesh, but learn from yahweh who is perfect in judgment).

not everyone turned on him then, either. he has always had some who trusted him, even in death and in great tribulation, persecution, and suffering.

i.e. people get a choice who to serve - to serve GOD instead of turning on him, or not.

P

Penpalz000

Being nice or not is a choice that men and women have to make with every thought and situation, as they happen.

I don't think that being nice, in and of itself is enough, but it is pleasant and of God...when it's from the heart.

Mar 21, 2015
@pumicestone
I should have specified that the Jesus today that I am thinking of...is well groomed, well dressed, and respectable.
Crystal clear !
Although, some might wonder why he would have to conform to your particular personal preferences, dear.

But I'm sure we all know what you mean :)

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
As far as looks He'd probably blend in with the crowd. But as far as teaching the Truth, He would stand out even more (like a sore thumb) in the 21st century than He did in the first. We are just that much more removed (as a culture) from God's reality than ever.

Dec 26, 2014
As far as looks He'd probably blend in with the crowd. But as far as teaching the Truth, He would stand out even more (like a sore thumb) in the 21st century than He did in the first. We are just that much more removed (as a culture) from God's reality than ever.
yes, that explains a lot of the arguments(or the reasons for arguments) between churches and on this site......

God's reality is a SURPRISE to everyone, even a BIG SHOCK when they find out.(as well as SHEER GRACE!)

P

Penpalz000

We can say and protest that we would never turn on him...even some of the ones who loved him then did betray and deny him.
I imagine that none or perhaps very few of us will be so harshly put to the test as they were back then.

I thank God for the saving grace that he has given us...because we need him, whether we wanna admit it or not!

Dec 26, 2014
only one betrayed him. although many betray their own family now-a-days, for money.... even more in churches it looks like....

and most people give up without a struggle, simply tricked into ungodly fellowships, without even knowing they're denying JESUS.... so yes, many DENY HIM. (and they tell him on judgment day "didn't we this, and didn't we that...." and of course he tells them to get lost, he never knew them....)

meanwhile, back at the ranch, there are a few who have been tested, and passed. by sheer grace, no doubt nor argument there....

and many others called, but not chosen, because they did not pass the tests.... just as it is written.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
They'd probably try and throw Him in a mental hospital rather than off a cliff

Luke 4: 29-30
Jumping up, they mobbed him and forced him to the edge of the hill on which the town was built. They intended to push him over the cliff,but he passed right through the crowd and went on his way.

W

wwjd_kilden

From the Gospel of Asphalt (movie). Asfaltevangeliet shows the scenario of Jesus Christ coming to Oslo, Norway in present day f.jpg

May 3, 2013
Well, you are entitled that opinion but, each time I disobeyed Him or trid to do my will against God´s will, I threw Him stones spitting what His person represents before those who witnessed any of my wrong doings.

I do speculate human race would keep on doing the same we have done for centuries, up to the day He comes to rule, as the KING He really is.

May 3, 2013
Being nice or not is a choice that men and women have to make with every thought and situation, as they happen.

I don't think that being nice, in and of itself is enough, but it is pleasant and of God...when it's from the heart.
"we" ppl tried to be "nice" as long as it was pleasing or natural in front of the people we were with. Yes! It´s a choice and, perhaps an actitude but, let´s give some freedom to being the other ways we could be or act, just to see what happens, becasue God´s also given ppl to act they way they are, and He corrected what it needed correction and amendments (from the heart).