What would your church do?

• Thread starter eternally-gratefull
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 26, 2012
To Jesus everyone was a sinner. Can you show me in scripture when/where the early church accepted unbelievers into its midst?
Let's see what the Bible says

1 Corinthians 14

22 Tongues, then, are a sign, not for believers but for unbelievers; prophecy,however, is not for unbelievers but for believers.23 So if the whole church comes together and everyone speaks in tongues, and inquirers or unbelievers come in, will they not say that you are out of your mind?24 But if an unbeliever or an inquirer comes in while everyone is prophesying, they are convicted of sin and are brought under judgment by all,

It is within the context of an unbeliever walking in.

E

eternally-gratefull

ok. We have allowed them in. After a few months. They both come to Christ. And there is no reason not to believe they are not sincere in their faith.

Now as NEWBORN Christians. How do we treat them??

J

josh123

ok. We have allowed them in. After a few months. They both come to Christ. And there is no reason not to believe they are not sincere in their faith.

we threat them with love as god has love for us

J

josh123

what would this look like?
21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.
[h=3]Matthew 18:21-22 honestly what true love is, is to love someone that doesn't love you to forgive someone that is about to kill you to love others as you love God to love the people that illtreat you, 34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots. Luke 23:34 that is true love, i don't personally have a church because most of the church today are corrupt with man made doctrines but i go to a pentecostal church in my neighborhood to listen what can benefit me [/h]

E

eternally-gratefull

21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.
Matthew 18:21-22 honestly what true love is, is to love someone that doesn't love you to forgive someone that is about to kill you to love others as you love God to love the people that illtreat you, 34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots. Luke 23:34 that is true love, i don't personally have a church because most of the church today are corrupt with man made doctrines but i go to a pentecostal church in my neighborhood to listen what can benefit me
thanks.

I was looking for more what we would do. If it was our church.

Yes we are to forgive. But scripture also speaks of chastening. I am trying to lead up to this (when it becomes necessary to chasten a couple or person for sin) and am trying to show how we should do this.

i started with coming in.
Now they are saved, but babies. How do we treat them. what should we do for them..

zone

Jun 13, 2010

same way...they come to church and hear the Law & the Gospel, and the Holy Spirit works.

E

eternally-gratefull

same way...they come to church and hear the Law & the Gospel, and the Holy Spirit works.

no personal discipleship? Just let them hear the word on the pulpit and pray they understand it?

C

Cino

In our church, we would just welcome them and ask them to come again and come for the sermon and the worship singing. We just try to be friendly to all who come our way. We cannot judge people who don't know about God, and if we are to be any kind of light, we are to show love and welcome them. This does not mean that we "approve" of the way they are living. This means that we try to befriend them, so that we can show them the truth and way that God wants them to live.