When married people step over the line

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

wyler

It really bothers me when married/separated (STILL married) guys flirt with me, even “christians” have done it...
How do you react when a married person flirts with you, online or otherwise?
It doesn't happen often, but if a married person is seriously flirtling with me and being inappropriate I usually, as a natural and unaviodable reaction become physically uneasy, that is sometimes enough to make them realise, if they joke about how they are 'making me nervous' I just tell them straight that I'm not comfortable and I want them to stop, and I do so in a very blunt manor so they can't laugh it off or think I'm not serious.

Sad as it is I have no doubt those of my gender are more often the offenders than the victims
:(

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
niceguyj, can I just say how greatly I appreciate it when you slice through all of the crap (can I say crap on CC?) with simplicity, depth and humor in one blow.
I used dung yesterday in another thread :D I'm onna roll :)
Jullianna and her excrementitious posts. :rolleyes:

J

Jullianna

:eek: Sowwy :p I'll be good

J

Jullianna

*hangs head and kicks dirt* I really wanted to be a pirate....*sigh*

Jul 25, 2005
One day you shall, Jullianna. You just have to believe. See the inner pirate...and make it through the brutal initiation process which involves running the gauntlet, killing polar bears with nothing but a bic lighter and a newspaper, and flogging yourself as you read Atlas Shrugged.

V

violakat

One day you shall, Jullianna. You just have to believe. See the inner pirate...and make it through the brutal initiation process which involves running the gauntlet, killing polar bears with nothing but a bic lighter and a newspaper, and flogging yourself as you read Atlas Shrugged.
That's what the pirate men that have to do that.

Pirate women have to navigate through waters mapped by pirate males who don't know where they're going, swim with the sharks as they rescue men overboard (cause we all know pirate men don't know how to swim), and figure out which outfit to wear for the day, with only 4 pairs of pants, 7 shirts, and 2 sets of boots, and not wear the same outfit in a 30 day time period.

J

Jullianna

That's what the pirate men that have to do that.

Pirate women have to navigate through waters mapped by pirate males who don't know where they're going, swim with the sharks as they rescue men overboard (cause we all know pirate men don't know how to swim), and figure out which outfit to wear for the day, with only 4 pairs of pants, 7 shirts, and 2 sets of boots, and not wear the same outfit in a 30 day time period.
Whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't wanna kill polar bears *cries*

*Tries on wench boots* I make these look GOOD :D *adjusts eye patch, holds knife in teeth, grabs compass and attacks sharks*

M

meggars

if it's ''light'' flirting that is probably a result of habit, I usually just ignore it and it doesn't really become an issue. If the flirting becomes more intentional, however, and I've called attention to the inappropriateness of the behaviour, I'll no longer just ignore it.... I'll ignore the person altogether

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
What if it's not bad enough to say anything to the person, but it makes you more uncomfortable than it seems like it should?

B

BarlyGurl

Yeah, totally off topic, but I'm picturing a set of stockades outside niceguyJ's house.
.... With baskets of rotten vegetables along the sidewalk for bypassers:D