Where in the Bible is Homosexuality stated to be a Sin?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

DylanLucas93

If your gay our sinning... not to condemn but your going to hell if you don't repent. Gay people are sinners. Its not a hormone or chromosome issue. Notice its becoming popular among schools to be gay, so kids become it... manipulation from the devil and I am not crediting him, I am being aware.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
yeah so popular kids still get harassed ti the point of suicide over it. Im sure everyone is just choosing it for fun.

Apr 6, 2012
These are what I was able to find within a few minutes:

Genesis 18:20, 21; 19:5, 11
Leviticus 18:6; 20:13
Judges 21:11
Romans 1:26, 27
1 Corinthians 6:9
1 Timothy 1:10

B

BarlyGurl

There is no doubt in the bible that the PRACTICE of homosexuality is sinful... the texts should not be read as if a person who believes or identifies themselves as homosexual... it is the practice.
This is NO different then a heterosexual person who is habitually promiscuous... FORNICATORS.

Bottom line- God ordained HUMAN sex to be limited strictly to the marital union. This is a principal intended to demonstrate humans are not ANIMALS, moral law and covenent.

May 29, 2012
There is no doubt in the bible that the PRACTICE of homosexuality is sinful... the texts should not be read as if a person who believes or identifies themselves as homosexual... it is the practice.
This is NO different then a heterosexual person who is habitually promiscuous... FORNICATORS.

Bottom line- God ordained HUMAN sex to be limited strictly to the marital union. This is a principal intended to demonstrate humans are not ANIMALS, moral law and covenent.

Isaiah had "pre marital" sex.

B

BarlyGurl

where is that passage...

and what is the purpose of just tossing that out?

T

twotwo

As it is written: At the beginning God, made them male and female, and said to them, be fruitful and multiply.

In consequence, homosexuality is against the will of God.

Hence, homosexuality is a severe roadblock to the Kingdom.

Indeed, only the one who does the will of God will enter his Kingdom.

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
Homosexuality is an abomination to God.
It is important that we know that those who encourage homosexuality, as well as other type of sins, are just as guilty as those that practice it.
Romans 1:29-32
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenant breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
Paul stated that those who approve sin are worthy of death just as those that commit it.
Christ came to set at liberty those that are in captive of sin, those that are under this bondage should seek the Lord for He is has the power to set you free and those that approve of this immorality should repent and plead with God for mercy and He will abundantly pardon.

May 29, 2012
where is that passage...

and what is the purpose of just tossing that out?
Isaiah 8:1-4

8*Moreover the Lord said unto me, Take thee a great roll, and write in it with a man's pen concerning Mahershalalhashbaz.

2*And I took unto me faithful witnesses to record, Uriah the priest, and Zechariah the son of Jeberechiah.

3*And I went unto the prophetess; and she conceived, and bare a son. Then said the Lord to me, Call his name Mahershalalhashbaz.

4*For before the child shall have knowledge to cry, My father, and my mother, the riches of Damascus and the spoil of Samaria shall be taken away before the king of Assyria.

The point is our understanding marriage is lacking.

Oct 22, 2011
Isaiah had "pre marital" sex.

Isa 8:3 And I went unto the prophetess; and she conceived, and bore a son. Then said the LORD to me, Call his name Maher-shalal-hash-baz.

I find it interesting that you would say "Isaiah had pre marital sex," when nothing in scripture would indicate this.
Women were sometimes called prophetess not because they prophesied, but because they were married to a prophet.

In Christ, 1Christianwarrior316

B

BarlyGurl

Isa 8:3 And I went unto the prophetess; and she conceived, and bore a son. Then said the LORD to me, Call his name Maher-shalal-hash-baz.

I find it interesting that you would say "Isaiah had pre marital sex," when nothing in scripture would indicate this.
Women were sometimes called prophetess not because they prophesied, but because they were married to a prophet.

In Christ, 1Christianwarrior316

thank you very much...

B

BarlyGurl

Isaiah 8:1-4

8*Moreover the Lord said unto me, Take thee a great roll, and write in it with a man's pen concerning Mahershalalhashbaz.

2*And I took unto me faithful witnesses to record, Uriah the priest, and Zechariah the son of Jeberechiah.

3*And I went unto the prophetess; and she conceived, and bare a son. Then said the Lord to me, Call his name Mahershalalhashbaz.

4*For before the child shall have knowledge to cry, My father, and my mother, the riches of Damascus and the spoil of Samaria shall be taken away before the king of Assyria.

The point is our understanding marriage is lacking.
Angel... Please see Christianwarrior's comment.
Regarding lacking understanding... I say this softly with tender intent... it is YOUR understanding of marriage which is lacking.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
One of the difficult things we all face in faith, is flesh.
Flesh is where sin resides.
When we recieve Jesus, we are to die to flesh, and homsexuality is a sin of the flesh.
Now I know many have said , well there are other sins just as bad.
Saddly, many these days seek to take accountibuility away from their sin by pointing to another sin.
Understand, this argument will not work before God, so please dont use it for one's own defence, it wont work.
It is the act and thought of homosexuality that God said is wrong, and not to do.
Every person at some time in their walk, will find themself having to give up the flesh in faith and obedience.
Wether it is to deny theirself, another they love, a family member, or the love of the world.
This is not about cruel words, but to state truth, for it is in understanding, compassion and the love of Jesus that we as believers speak to this sin.
Not to condemn, but to witness to salvation in Jesus.
Jesus said, in the world you will have tribulation, but take courage, I have overcome the world!
Scripture also says that this time we know now, is but a blink of the eye, in comparison to the eternity that awaits us!

We are to seek all that is Jesus, eternal, setting aside the world for Jesus, perfect and eternal love.
The good news is, Jesus provides all needed to do this.

In Jesus, God bless
pickles

May 29, 2012
Angel... Please see Christianwarrior's comment.
Regarding lacking understanding... I say this softly with tender intent... it is YOUR understanding of marriage which is lacking.
Malachi 2:12-16

12*The Lord will cut off the man that doeth this, the master and the scholar, out of the tabernacles of Jacob, and him that offereth an offering unto the Lord of hosts.

13*And this have ye done again, covering the altar of the Lord with tears, with weeping, and with crying out, insomuch that he regardeth not the offering any more, or receiveth it with good will at your hand.

14*Yet ye say, Wherefore? Because the Lord hath been witness between thee and the wife of thy youth, against whom thou hast dealt treacherously: yet is she thy companion, and the wife of thy covenant.

15*And did not he make one? Yet had he the residue of the spirit. And wherefore one? That he might seek a godly seed. Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth.

16*For the Lord, the God of Israel, saith that he hateth putting away: for one covereth violence with his garment, saith the Lord of hosts: therefore take heed to your spirit, that ye deal not treacherously.

Again I say that our idea of what marriage is is sorely lacking! I've read his response and he may believe as he wish. But what of the rest of the examples? Abraham's wife gave him another woman to lay with. Isaac haf 2 women. Jacob was what we would call today a player! Lol.

We are a marriage of flesh and spirit.

C

Crossfire

The Apostle Paul speaks of homosexuality being an abomination in the book Romans, chapter one. I suggest reading the entire chapter. :)

B

BarlyGurl

Malachi 2:12-16

12*The Lord will cut off the man that doeth this, the master and the scholar, out of the tabernacles of Jacob, and him that offereth an offering unto the Lord of hosts.

13*And this have ye done again, covering the altar of the Lord with tears, with weeping, and with crying out, insomuch that he regardeth not the offering any more, or receiveth it with good will at your hand.

14*Yet ye say, Wherefore? Because the Lord hath been witness between thee and the wife of thy youth, against whom thou hast dealt treacherously: yet is she thy companion, and the wife of thy covenant.

15*And did not he make one? Yet had he the residue of the spirit. And wherefore one? That he might seek a godly seed. Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth.

16*For the Lord, the God of Israel, saith that he hateth putting away: for one covereth violence with his garment, saith the Lord of hosts: therefore take heed to your spirit, that ye deal not treacherously.

Again I say that our idea of what marriage is is sorely lacking! I've read his response and he may believe as he wish. But what of the rest of the examples? Abraham's wife gave him another woman to lay with. Isaac haf 2 women. Jacob was what we would call today a player! Lol.

We are a marriage of flesh and spirit.
Angel... YOU can be a "marriage" of flesh and spirit if you choose. My bible says we are to crucify the flesh and walk in the spirit and that our mind is to be renewed in the mind of Christ.
Again I miss the rationale for pasting Malachi here.
I have no idea who the "our-population" is you refer to... It is YOUR understanding which is lacking MINE is quite sound... I am no member of the collective OUR you claim.

I

Interesting

Read Romans 1: 24 to 28

I

Interesting

I say with a certainty that even homosexuals will all praise God in victory. All men are saved but who can believe our report?
Romans 1: 24 to 28