Where The Holy Spirit Will Not Be

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Abiding

When I first visited the Christian church up the hill from me when I was seven years old, I remember feeling something in the sanctuary that was good and pleasant. It wasn't the air-conditioning, either.

you said it was up the hill......oxygen deprivation :rolleyes:
jk..me too at an early age.

Enow

Banned
Dec 21, 2012
When I first visited the Christian church up the hill from me when I was seven years old, I remember feeling something in the sanctuary that was good and pleasant. It wasn't the air-conditioning, either.
The line of discernment here is that God would not mimick any supernatural manifestations being done by the devil first to be copying the devil after Jesus Christ had ascended.

Khundalini, an eastern mysticism, will have yoga meditators testifying to feel good experiences like peace or love and others will testify of fire, power, electricity... so how can God call these sinners away from the spirits of their feel good experiences?

That is why we are called to test the spirits because it is the spirit of error that would destract us from worshipping the Son and by Him the Father and thus it is the role of what the spirit of the antichrist will do. That is why the Person of the Holy Spirit is not mentioned in the place of honouring God the Father nor in the place of glorifying God the Father so that God the Father is reconciling the world to Himself through the Son and that will mean calling them away from their familiar spirits that they seek after and receive after a sign and thus seeing them... which is after the rudiment of the world & not after the Son, the Lord Jesus Christ.

John 14:[SUP]17 [/SUP]Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

The fruit of the false prophet is how it is ecumenical in nature and by climbing up another way and thus broadening the way in the worship place is why any focus on the Holy Spirit in honour or in worship or in glory is not the will of the Father. Those led by the Spirit would not be led by the Spirit to honour the Spirit nor glorify the Spirit but to testify of the Son in seeking the glory of the Son which is the specific role of the Holy Spirit for dwelling within us to lead us to do.

John 14:[SUP]6 [/SUP]Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. [SUP]7 [/SUP]If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

John 5:[SUP]22 [/SUP]For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: [SUP]23 [/SUP]That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

John 13:[SUP]31 [/SUP]Therefore, when he was gone out, Jesus said, Now is the Son of man glorified, and God is glorified in him. [SUP]32 [/SUP]If God be glorified in him, God shall also glorify him in himself, and shall straightway glorify him.

The fact that this fruit of the false prophet can be found in world's religions, occult, & cults in christianity is why it is not of Him.

John 7:7[SUP]7 [/SUP]The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.

Matthew 7:[SUP]13 [/SUP]Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: [SUP]14 [/SUP]Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. [SUP]15 [/SUP]Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. [SUP]16 [/SUP]Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

God would not copy cat any supernatural sensations in the flesh that can be found elsewhere as being of the devil because God desires to reconcile the world to Himself through the Son... that means away from those things not of Him at all.

John 15:[SUP]19 [/SUP]If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. [SUP]20 [/SUP]Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. [SUP]21 [/SUP]But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me. [SUP]22 [/SUP]If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin.

Enow

Banned
Dec 21, 2012
Enow, if you're not feeling the presence of God in the church you attend, there are several reasons for that, and anyone of them will do it.
God's power & presence is in the believers as our bodies are the temples of the Holy Spirit which is why Jesus was telling the Samaritan woman at the well that believers will no longer seek to worship the Father at the mountains nor in Jerusalem because we will be worshipping IN spirit & IN truth... that means He will not be in a place of worship when He is in us and with us always that we can worship Him anywhere... on our sickbed.. in prison... at home... at work... or in an assembly.

Any manifestation of the Spirit will only bring about this good report below.

1 Corinthians 14:[SUP]24 [/SUP]But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all: [SUP]25 [/SUP]And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.
When believers start testifying of the presence of God in the worship place or being in a place, believers are not to believe that and to shun meeting there in keeping to the testimony of that promise Jesus has given, thereby standing apart from the world and letting our faith so shine of that new reality in Christ Jesus.

Matthew 24:[SUP]23 [/SUP]Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. [SUP]24 [/SUP]For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. [SUP]25 [/SUP]Behold, I have told you before. [SUP]26 [/SUP]Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

2 Corinthians 13:[SUP]5 [/SUP]Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

1 John 4:[SUP]3 [/SUP]And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. [SUP]4 [/SUP]Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

G

GreenNnice

I've never had a spirit tell me anything, just the Holy Spirit leading me, ethen . :)

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
let me take a poke.
the Holy Spirit is everywhere
BUT
He is only present in His salvific office where HIS WORD is rightly ministered.

zone

Jun 13, 2010

Never judge the actions of the Holy Spirit until you have personally knowingly experienced Him! Otherwise, you may find yourself teeter tottering on the edge of blasphemy.
ya the old bludgeon.

A

Abiding

I dont even understand that. Does that mean never judge something until we
experience it? really?

Jan 4, 2013
You can quench Him and you can grieve Him...but a little skepticism isnt tottering on the edge of blasphemy.
But i agree about melting the heart....i need that all the time. And how can you keep feelings and emotions
out of it? You cant. They are part of us.

The more I learn and pray, sometimes I really want to cry. It doesn't always happen, but I think that when it does it will be good tears.

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
[h=2]Re: Where The Holy Spirit Will Not Be[/h]Not in the world:
[h=3]John.14[/h][16] And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
[17] Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Dec 21, 2012
let me take a poke.
the Holy Spirit is everywhere
BUT
He is only present in His salvific office where HIS WORD is rightly ministered.
God's omnipresence and ominpotence is not reliant upon the Person of the Holy Spirit.

Since believers can grieve the Holy Spirit, then He is present in believers even when they are not rightly ministering His Word which is why every believer having His seal are called to depart from iniquity by looking to the author & finisher of our faith to do it.

Dec 21, 2012
By the way, yes you can feel the Spirit of God. I've known of sinners that felt His presence and left the building. every time the Holy Spirit convicts (convinces) us of sin, or of the truth, we feel it! When God's people get into true worship, God's presence is felt so powerfully that even the hardest of hearts are melted.
Sinners are convicted by the word by which the Holy Spirit in us would lead us to say.

The only "good" report that people should be testifying of is not about how God is in that place but of this report below.

1 Corinthians 14:[SUP]24 [/SUP]But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all: [SUP]25 [/SUP]And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.

Any other report such as God being in that place is not in according to our faith and thus is not a good report.

Never judge the actions of the Holy Spirit until you have personally knowingly experienced Him! Otherwise, you may find yourself teeter tottering on the edge of blasphemy.
Testing the spirits by having expereinced the Holy Spirit is not a Biblical test for believers to go by because ALL believer have received the Holy Spirit by faith in Jesus Christ.... that means that faith is the evidence of things not seen.

Any manifestation that takes your eyes off of the Son in the worship place to draw attention to that spirit is what the indwelling Holy Spirit would never do.

We are called to not believe every spirit and to test the spirits and so just because errant believers has labeled an experience as of the Holy Spirit and by that bad report of testifying of the Holy Spirit being in that place where people would flock to in order to experience that presence in that worship place, then they are no longer preaching Jesus Christ & Him crucified but something else in His name which is not of Him.

The Spirit of Truth speaks of the Truth Whom is the Son, the Lord Jesus Christ: John 14:6

The spirit of error will speak of themselves which is a false witness in leading believers to seek its presence and thus its glory.

Those who hear, but had gone astray, will return to their first love, the Bridegroom, for He will be coming soon to take those that are ready & found abiding in Him by His grace & by His help... Home.

John 14:1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. [SUP]2 [/SUP]In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. [SUP]3 [/SUP]And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. [SUP]4 [/SUP]And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. [SUP]5 [/SUP]Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? [SUP]6 [/SUP]Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. [SUP]7 [/SUP]If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

The only reason why Jesus would say to believers that have gone astray that He knew not whence they are, was to identify the iniquity of them relating to God the Father other than by way of the Son.

That means the Holy Spirit in us would never point us to Himself, but to the Son in relating to God the Father.

Any manifestation that points to the "Spirit" being in that place or pointing to the Holy Spirit in seeking after a sign is tempting believers to be an adulterous generation and they need to go before that throne of grace for forgiveness & help to return to Him and stay relating to the Son in relating to God the Father, because that is why the Son is called the Bridegroom.

So where the testimony is pointing us to.. is how one test the spirits..whethor as being the indwelling Spirit of Truth that points to the Son, or the spirit of the antichrist which is in the world pointing us to a place in the world.