Who ever set his hope to our Lord Yeshua, will purify himself as our he is pure.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
Unlike you, apparently, I've read the entire Bible and I don't cherry pick certain parts. Anyhow, our conversation is over. I've dealt with people like you for 20 something years already and I know the futility of even trying to reason with your type.
Either Jesus paid for all of our sins, or He paid for none of them.

If all are paid for, your striving for sinless perfection is pointless.

You lost the argument. Period.

S

shotgunner

Said the one who still sins as well.

Christ's atonement paid the penalty for all sin. What is left to pay for? Why do you insist one must strive to be sinless when the sin issue was dealt with at the cross? A believer in Christ is secure in his salvation because Jesus paid the penalty for every single sin. We are already, sinless.

So stop the "work, work, work, strive, strive, strive" garbage.
To a large degree, I would agree with you. However,anyone Born of God does not wish to stay in sin. Why would Jesus pay such an awesome price to forgive sins and want us to still be consumed by and destroyed by those same sins?

A man who claims to believe,yet has no wish to obey God's word, either has not heard the word or he has rejected it. If he has rejected it, he needs to closely examine himself and determine if he really is saved. A saved person has lain down their life to take up the life Jesus offers. Salvation is a surrender of will.

On the other hand a man who works and strives to rid himself of sin has fallen to a works mentality. That man is trying to work to please God. Letting go of sin is not work, it is rest! We are to rest in the finished work of salvation which Jesus has already completed. The labor we do is to enter into this rest. We are to enter in and be the new man which is created in Christ Jesus.

The weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds. We do not strive against sin in the flesh. We are to put on the armour of God. In that armour we have our identity. We are able to pull down those thought strongholds that have kept us in bondage to sin by simply believing in who we are, and in who we belong to.

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
anyone Born of God does not wish to stay in sin.
I agree.

A man who claims to believe,yet has no wish to obey God's word, either has not heard the word or he has rejected it.
Again, I agree.

Our spirit is indeed willing, but our flesh is weak.

But that's not what Mikko (and others like him) are advocating. They are teaching that if one sins, that proves they're not a true Christian. They say that real Christians no longer sin.

That's the issue.

S

shotgunner

I agree.

Again, I agree.

Our spirit is indeed willing, but our flesh is weak.

But that's not what Mikko (and others like him) are advocating. They are teaching that if one sins, that proves they're not a true Christian. They say that real Christians no longer sin.

That's the issue.
That may be the case, I haven't been here long enough to know everybody. Also my reply wasn't meant as a rebuke to you. You simply gave a good starting off point. I meant for it to address two fallacies. I did not mean to judge you as being in either one.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Unlike you, apparently, I've read the entire Bible and I don't cherry pick certain parts. Anyhow, our conversation is over. I've dealt with people like you for 20 something years already and I know the futility of even trying to reason with your type.
and the same applies to people like you. you just cannot accept that you are not saved by works. you cannot just give God glory through Christ for saving you. Titus 3. you have to somehow someway take at least some credit for it.

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
That may be the case, I haven't been here long enough to know everybody. Also my reply wasn't meant as a rebuke to you. You simply gave a good starting off point. I meant for it to address two fallacies. I did not mean to judge you as being in either one.

No biggie, my friend.

Just read a bit of Mikko's posting history to see what he's all about.

T

Tintin

Ugh. Same old crap.

S

shotgunner

Ugh. Same old crap.
Apparently, yet if it weren't something that was predominate then people wouldn't want to discuss it. Perhaps it's a good thing that can enlighten someone, if not everyone.

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
Apparently, yet if it weren't something that was predominate then people wouldn't want to discuss it. Perhaps it's a good thing that can enlighten someone, if not everyone.

What he meant, I think, is that it's the same old garbage Mikko posts time after time. He's like a broken record.

MikkoAinasoja

Nov 19, 2014
You know what I meant. So stop being ridiculous.

You people are all the same. You love to preach about being/becoming sinless, and yet you still sin, Mikko still sins, and everyone you know still sins. Yet your hypocrisy doesn't stop you from harping on about living a sinless life.

Clean up your own backyard first.

Oh wait, you can't.
I think that your own attitude is the biggest problem, in your personal fight against sin.

It seems that you have already give up.

We can defeat sin, and we should, because we can not serve sin and God. It is about to mortifying the natural man's mind of the flesh by Spirit.

We can not continue in sin.

MikkoAinasoja

Nov 19, 2014
I believe that we can...if we truly live according to the example that Christ set before us. Jesus only did what He saw His Father doing and He only spoke what He heard His Father speaking because His Own will was totally subjected unto the Father's will and because He spent a lot of time in prayer. If we follow suit, then the Father is never going to lead us to sin. We sin when our wills aren't truly subjected unto the Father's will. Jesus is the Vine and we're supposed to be the branches. Is the Vine leading us to sin?
True words.

Everyone should strive them way free from sinning.

In the beginning of our path, we easily may fall to sin, but we should overcome it soon, if we truly are willing to follow our Lord Yeshua.

After we do not commit anymore sin, our body still will be prone to do sin, and we may feel all kind of lust, and temptations to sin, but the different is, do we join in those sinful feelings, or not.

If we do not join anymore in those temptations, what we may feel, then they are not as a sin anymore for us.

Blessed are those who can resist the lust of them, flesh, so that they do not follow it to sin, amen.

S

shotgunner

No, like I have tell here, I do not commit at any sin anymore.

Well, you just lied, that's a sin.

Seriously though, you might think you don't sin, but you just don't understand the perfect requirements of a holy God. You have likely given up many sins, which should be the practice of all Christians, but you cannot meet the sinless perfection requirement without the remission of sin given by the blood of Christ.