Who I am

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Ivo_More

Jun 12, 2023
Consider this my formal introduction to CC,
Hello! It is nice to meet you,
Usually I would lead with my name, but for internet privacy reasons I don't tend to share that. My username on this site is a mixture of the names of my two patron saints, Ivo of Kermartin and Thomas More, Both are patrons of legal and social action. Ivo is additionally a patron of the poor whilst More is an English Martyr.

I was raised a churchgoing congregant of a liturgically traditional Church of England parish, and I prescribed to a variant of Anglican theology known as "Apostolic Anglo-Catholicism", the professed midway between Roman Catholicism and Protestantism. I lapsed during my early teens and was an atheist for many years. Three years ago, my faith was rekindled after a dream in which I felt warmed by the Sacred Heart of Jesus. At first, I returned to Anglicanism, but ended up being received into the Roman Catholic Church in the Easter of 2023.

I am an academic lawyer, but also have an background in Theology. I am always enthusiastic to discuss these topics with anyone! My legal research is mainly focused around criminal and constitutional law reform. My theological research focuses on situational ethics, emphasizing love as an ethical norm, the relationship between canon law and moral theology, and sacramental theology (particularly how it links to Jewish covenant theology).

I look forward to all the contributions and conversations to be made here on CC :D

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
Welcome aboard. We look forward to whatever you have to share with us. :D

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Hi and welcome to CC!!! I worked for Fr Michael Manning a TV evangelist for yrs and I loved it. Enjoy browsing the Forums and may God bless & keep you🙏

flexor

Apr 11, 2023
Consider this my formal introduction to CC,
Hello! It is nice to meet you,
Usually I would lead with my name, but for internet privacy reasons I don't tend to share that. My username on this site is a mixture of the names of my two patron saints, Ivo of Kermartin and Thomas More, Both are patrons of legal and social action. Ivo is additionally a patron of the poor whilst More is an English Martyr.

I was raised a churchgoing congregant of a liturgically traditional Church of England parish, and I prescribed to a variant of Anglican theology known as "Apostolic Anglo-Catholicism", the professed midway between Roman Catholicism and Protestantism. I lapsed during my early teens and was an atheist for many years. Three years ago, my faith was rekindled after a dream in which I felt warmed by the Sacred Heart of Jesus. At first, I returned to Anglicanism, but ended up being received into the Roman Catholic Church in the Easter of 2023.

I am an academic lawyer, but also have an background in Theology. I am always enthusiastic to discuss these topics with anyone! My legal research is mainly focused around criminal and constitutional law reform. My theological research focuses on situational ethics, emphasizing love as an ethical norm, the relationship between canon law and moral theology, and sacramental theology (particularly how it links to Jewish covenant theology).

I look forward to all the contributions and conversations to be made here on CC :D
A huge congratulations on returning to the Church! :D(y)
A word of warning though: this site is not friendly to the Catholic Church, and chances are you'll encounter a lot of animosity, especially if you stray into certain forums.
There may be other sites that would work better, but that's up to you!
God bless in the rest of your journey! :)

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
Sadly, I cannot fully disagree with Flexor. I do hope you stay engaged here even if a very few evangelicals hold strong opinions. The vast number of members can engage in discussions openly and respectfully. From reading your Intro we need your unique perspective and look forward to hearing from you.

Ivo_More

Jun 12, 2023
A huge congratulations on returning to the Church! :D(y)
A word of warning though: this site is not friendly to the Catholic Church, and chances are you'll encounter a lot of animosity, especially if you stray into certain forums.
There may be other sites that would work better, but that's up to you!
God bless in the rest of your journey! :)
Thank you for the welcome, It is great to be back!
To be honest I had guessed that the forum would have an evangelical bent to it, but when you are raised in the Church of England you get very used to that sort of dialogue because it is such a broadchurch, and conversation between the High church (closer to Catholicism) and the Low church (evangelical) anglicans is very lively.
Thank you for the warning though. I am very ready and of course equipped to stand against misconception, as anti-catholic stances are almost always based on mischaracterizations of the professed theology. Non-catholic theologies that are well informed are of course a different matter entirely, and there is always some interesting dialogue to be had there.

Ivo_More

Jun 12, 2023
Sadly, I cannot fully disagree with Flexor. I do hope you stay engaged here even if a very few evangelicals hold strong opinions. The vast number of members can engage in discussions openly and respectfully. From reading your Intro we need your unique perspective and look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you! I look forward to contributing very much : D

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
conversation between the High church (closer to Catholicism) and the Low church (evangelical) anglicans is very lively...Non-catholic theologies that are well informed are of course a different matter entirely, and there is always some interesting dialogue to be had there.
Big Difference between these conversations/dialogues and the ones where there is:
"biting and devouring on another" (Gal 5:15), eh?

This very thing happend on a "The Triune GodHead" discussion on another site that
was Correctly "locked up' by the moderators...

Please be Encouraged And Edified In The LORD, and His Word Of Truth.

Amen.

Ivo_More

Jun 12, 2023
Big Difference between these conversations/dialogues and the ones where there is:
"biting and devouring on another" (Gal 5:15), eh?

This very thing happend on a "The Triune GodHead" discussion on another site that
was Correctly "locked up' by the moderators...

Please be Encouraged And Edified In The LORD, and His Word Of Truth.

Amen.
Exactly right in your distinction, far too often (and particularly indeed in trinitarian and christological discussions) can our conduct devolve into a variant of proud hated.