Who likes Christian heavy metal/hard rock? FYI 'Battle Lines' by Disciple

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 21, 2014
Yeah, I heard that they were a Christian band, and then when listening to their stuff I just got a vibe, like,..This isn't so great. So I left em alone. Now I see why. Lol
ronnie: It's the lyrics that are really important, right? and hopefully the behavior of the musicians as well. I'm thinking of other bands now. The style is more subjective, but good, hard hitting Biblical lyrics combined with good hard rock style can be a powerful testimony tool, I think.

(Two cents'.)

Blessings.

U

Ugly

Yeah, I heard that they were a Christian band, and then when listening to their stuff I just got a vibe, like,..This isn't so great. So I left em alone. Now I see why. Lol
Their older stuff would probably have a different vibe. Frail Worlds Collapse and Shadows Are Security were both good.

Feb 21, 2014
.. I've blasted it in my house a number of times, along with the rest of that album.
ronnie: So do you think that Christian hard rock needs to be listened to fairly loud enough to make it worthwhile?

Blessings.

ronnie2796

May 9, 2014
ronnie: So do you think that Christian hard rock needs to be listened to fairly loud enough to make it worthwhile?

Blessings.
Haha I'm a loud person. I like to turn my music up loud, no matter what it is, so I can't really give you a good answer here.

Feb 21, 2014
Haha I'm a loud person. I like to turn my music up loud, no matter what it is, so I can't really give you a good answer here.
So do you think it's this that your mom objects to, more than the style of your music that you play?

Blessings.

T

Tintin

In the past few albums AILD have moved away from their faith, particularly the vocalist. Which was why he was sent to prison this month for hiring an undercover cop to kill his estranged wife. There are bands in that same style with much better lyrics and reputations.
I did not know this! That's seriously messed up!

ronnie2796

May 9, 2014
So do you think it's this that your mom objects to, more than the style of your music that you play?

Blessings.
Yes and no,..My parents don't like any of it loud,..But we've had many discussions about this genre specifically. They don't like it at all haha.
To each their own I suppose.

Feb 21, 2014
Yes and no,..My parents don't like any of it loud,..But we've had many discussions about this genre specifically. They don't like it at all haha.
To each their own I suppose.
You are a Christian young woman of your generation, I guess, for whom music including Christian hard rock is a natural mode of expression and witness, right?

It's the Biblical lyrics that really count, anyway, rather than the style.

Blessings.

ronnie2796

May 9, 2014
You are a Christian young woman of your generation, I guess, for whom music including Christian hard rock is a natural mode of expression and witness, right?

It's the Biblical lyrics that really count, anyway, rather than the style.

Blessings.
Well that's what I believe too, but my parents disagree. They feel the tone of the music carries a certain Spirit with it I guess, if that makes sense. Effects your attitude. Everyone is different I suppose, but I think the lyrics are most important.

ronnie: Disciple sometimes uses screamo, together with Biblical lyrics, don't they?

Blessings.
Umm, I believe so. Its been a while, but I'd say Yes.

Feb 21, 2014
Well that's what I believe too, but my parents disagree. They feel the tone of the music carries a certain Spirit with it I guess, if that makes sense. Effects your attitude. Everyone is different I suppose, but I think the lyrics are most important.

Umm, I believe so. Its been a while, but I'd say Yes.
ronnie:

For me, musical style and the personal style of the musicians is subjective, and I would find it hard to rate one above the other.

For instance for classical concerts may be customary for musicians to wear tuxedos and off-the-shoulder gowns. For rock concerts it may be customary for musicians to wear blue jeans, maybe piercings and/or leather vests, etc. The music and the style is often a matter of custom.

God honoring lyrics, in whatever style, would seem to be the centerpiece when the music involves vocals.

Blessings.

Feb 21, 2014
PS: ronnie: Of course, no need to annoy your parents, though (leaving aside the issue of musical styles). Blessings.

C

Cairparavel

I didn't know where to insert this cool Christian rock promo thing, so this thread made sense. I didn't want to start a new thread just for one thing.
[video=youtube_share;pBBPedZtneY]http://youtu.be/pBBPedZtneY[/video]
Is this tour coming to any of your towns? I would totally go if they came to mine!!