Who REALLY is God Almighty!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Jesus Christ is indeed created. He is the creation of GOD HIMSELF as an entity, a tangible being. a body for God to dwell in fulness.

A Living temple.

Jesus is the visibility of the invisible God .... He is God.

Oct 26, 2016
No, I do understand.

Did you get your beliefs from being born into a Church that taught this Doctrine?
Or, did you format these ideas by yourself from reading the Word of God by one day choosing to read a Bible and this is what you personally believe?

And I didn't say anything about anything yet, I just asked you a question and here we are now.
The Bible can never contradict itself. Man is made in God's own image and likeness, what that means if you don't understand is that we are God's duplicate. Adam is made in three forms, Spirit, soul, and body. God also is in that likeness. God's Soul is the Holy Spirit and His Body is Christ. If you believe Adam is not triune, then God is one and not triune either.

You use egg and water to describe God's image, you the Trinitarian believers. You never remember that God said the man is created in His Image and likeness. I know if a give you enough verses to prove my point, you have already made up your mind to believe what you believed so what's the point of wasting my time. we will all know the truth when we get there.

Jun 20, 2022
The Bible can never contradict itself. Man is made in God's own image and likeness, what that means if you don't understand is that we are God's duplicate. Adam is made in three forms, Spirit, soul, and body. God also is in that likeness. God's Soul is the Holy Spirit and His Body is Christ. If you believe Adam is not triune, then God is one and not triune either.

You use egg and water to describe God's image, you the Trinitarian believers. You never remember that God said the man is created in His Image and likeness. I know if a give you enough verses to prove my point, you have already made up your mind to believe what you believed so what's the point of wasting my time. we will all know the truth when we get there.
You don't know anything at all what I believe.

So, since following along in a conversation is a struggle, you believe Jesus is the Father, WORD, Holy Spirit?

One God!

Are you a member of the upc or oneness Pentecostal?

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022
'let us make man in our own image and after our own likeness.'

The Father does not have an image. The Word took on the image that we were based upon (Ezekiel 1).
The Father handed all things over to the Son.
The Son is Lord of heaven and earth.
The Father is not identified throughout the scripture. The Father does not have a name. The Father has never be seen, known, and has never spoken to us.
Those were the words of God the father to Christ and the Holy Spirit if you believe that. I also believed God the father was the one creating the
heavens and the earth, speaking the word [Christ]. To you now, God became tired when He is about to create Adam, so He asks Jesus to do the breathing on Adam.
You need to read John's gospel and understand what Jesus was saying.

John 5:37
And the Father who sent Me, He has testified about Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His form.

John 5:39
You examine the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is those very Scriptures that testify about Me.

The scriptures that Jesus was talking about was the Old Testament, the New Testament did not exist when Jesus spoke.
Well, I can see how very good you are at defending at all
costs what you believe in. At least it sounds good to me when you say Jesus created us in the beginning. That means Jesus is the person the first pages of Genesis are talking about. We shouldn't have been having this discussion when you have accepted Jesus created all things including Man. If He had done all that, where is the position of the father, a spectator? He is the very father since He created everything including me and you.
I can guarantee that the God walking around in the garden. Was certainly not the Father, given that no one has heard the Father speak.

Lots of Christians think that YHWH was the Father, but they are wrong.

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022
The problem I have with the Trinitarian believers is that they don't even understand the Trinity they believe in. We wouldn't be having all these problems about the Godhead if the Trinity doctrine could be explained. Jesus said, ' I and my father are one.' And several scriptures in the Bible both in the old and New Testament testified to it that our God is one God.

Genesis 2:7; told us God [the father] breathed into Adams's nostrils the breath of life. John 1:4; Made us understand that the breath of life which God [the father] breathed into Adam's nostril was in Jesus Christ. 'in Him [Jesus Christ] was life.' Use this passage to make a difference between God the father and Jesus Christ.

The Bible can never contradict itself. Man is made in God's own image and likeness, what that means if you don't understand is that we are God's duplicate. Adam is made in three forms, Spirit, soul, and body. God's Soul is the Holy Spirit and His Body is Christ. If you believe Adam is not triune, then God is one and not triune.
Colossians 1:16
For by Him (the Word, Jesus) all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones, or dominions, or rulers, or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him.

You were created by Jesus and for Jesus.

You have never known the Father.

The only God in the scripture is Jesus.

The Bible is the revelation of Jesus Christ.

The Bible is not the revelation of the Father or even the Holy Spirit.

Jesus became one of us, spent 30 years as one of us, stepped down from the throne to become one of us.
That alone blows my mind. Yet, Jesus had an eternal love for us and went to extreme lengths to save us.
Your telling me that you too have not recognized your own creator?

Did the Father sacrifice Himself for you?

Everything belongs to the Son, absolutely everything.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
What do you do with scripture that describes Jesus sitting at the right hand of the Father?

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Nevermind - I don't think I want to get too invested in this thread...

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022
What do you do with scripture that describes Jesus sitting at the right hand of the Father?
I have a verse with Jesus in the center of the throne.

Revelation 7:17
for the Lamb in the center of the throne will be their shepherd, and will guide them to springs of the water of life; and God will wipe every tear from their eyes.

Perhaps the apostles did not fully realize the identity of the Christ.

John certainly came to that realization.

Here are a few quotations from the Old and the New Testament, that seem to paint the portrait of God.

Ezekiel 1:26-28
Now above the expanse that was over their heads there was something resembling a throne, like lapis lazuli in appearance; and on that which resembled a throne, high up, was a figure with the appearance of a man. Then I noticed from the appearance of His loins and upward something like glowing metal that looked like fire all around within it, and from the appearance of His loins and downward I saw something like fire; and there was a radiance around Him. As the appearance of the rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the appearance of the surrounding radiance. Such was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. And when I saw it, I fell on my face and heard a voice speaking.

Daniel 10:5-6
I lifted my eyes and looked, and behold, there was a certain man dressed in linen, whose waist was girded with a belt of pure gold of Uphaz. His body also was like beryl, his face had the appearance of lightning, his eyes were like flaming torches, his arms and feet like the gleam of polished bronze, and the sound of his words like the sound of a tumult.

Revelation 1:12-15
Then I turned to see the voice that was speaking with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands; and in the middle of the lampstands I saw one like a son of man, clothed in a robe reaching to the feet, and girded across His chest with a golden sash. His head and His hair were white like white wool, like snow; and His eyes were like a flame of fire. His feet were like burnished bronze, when it has been made to glow in a furnace, and His voice was like the sound of many waters.

I cannot conclude anything else, other than, Jesus was the Almighty Creator, YHWH.

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
the one & only God is the Father of Jesus Christ & the Holy Spirit is God's spirit. Learn these facts: 1. Why is it that every religion in the world except Christianity says you have to do something or perform works to get something? 2. Why does every religion in tyjhe world have a dead god except Christianity? Also, for starters, read John 3:33, 14:16, 17 16:13 & 1st John 5:10, 13.

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022
the one & only God is the Father of Jesus Christ & the Holy Spirit is God's spirit. Learn these facts: 1. Why is it that every religion in the world except Christianity says you have to do something or perform works to get something? 2. Why does every religion in tyjhe world have a dead god except Christianity? Also, for starters, read John 3:33, 14:16, 17 16:13 & 1st John 5:10, 13.
The Father is only the Father of the Son during the incarnation.

Before the incarnation and after the incarnation the Word is eternal. The Word is God.

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022
John 1:10-13
He was in the world, and the world came into being through Him, and yet the world did not know Him. He came to His own, and His own people did not accept Him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of a man, but of God.

At the time of the Christ, absolutely no one knew their Creator had visited them.

He came to His own, and His own people did not accept Him

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Colossians 1:16
For by Him (the Word, Jesus) all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones, or dominions, or rulers, or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him.

You were created by Jesus and for Jesus.

You have never known the Father.

The only God in the scripture is Jesus.

The Bible is the revelation of Jesus Christ.

The Bible is not the revelation of the Father or even the Holy Spirit.

Jesus became one of us, spent 30 years as one of us, stepped down from the throne to become one of us.
That alone blows my mind. Yet, Jesus had an eternal love for us and went to extreme lengths to save us.
Your telling me that you too have not recognized your own creator?

Did the Father sacrifice Himself for you?

Everything belongs to the Son, absolutely everything.

Nehemiah 9:6 plus John 1:3
:)