Why are humans god's favorite?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
I'm rather Asking, Why Would an "All Powerful and All Loving" Creator Demand or Need Worship from a Human Being?
Isn't this what Narcissistic Rulers like Caesar seek? To be worshiped? But there is a true God, they weren't. I'm sorry you can't see that. If there is a God, who created everything you see and know, wouldn't you agree He is worthy of praise and worship? Don't worry man, if you don't want a relationship with God, he won't force you into one or worship of Him, like the Caesars did.

You should take note what is said regarding Worship in the Gospels, "You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews." ~John 4:22 Jesus was simply stating that He was the Savior of the world, and the types and shadows of the ceremonial law all pointed to Himself, and that He came from Jewish descent as the scriptures foretold..

You should also Realize that the only Being Demands worship in the Gospels...Is Satan. We shall see, stay on the path you are now and see where you end up after your dead. Jesus spent a lot of time talking about Hell and Himself as the son of God. Jesus said the only way to the father was through Him.

"The devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor.“All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”~Matthew 4 Yes, the bible also teaches that Satan tries to mimic God. Worship wasn't Christ primary mission while He walked this earth, His mission was to demonstrate God's love through the cross for the redemption of mankind and creation.

So is Tim Tebow really bowing to the Creator when he Kneels down in front of Millions of people and thanks his "God" for Wordly Success?
I would say obviously Not. LOL, I seen him bow down in times of his own failure too. You are judging the man's heart and motivations. Is it wrong to thank God for success? His witness for Christ really erks you doesn't it?

I take more of a "Deist" approach to the Idea of a Creator. Though Labels aren't important.
Ok, what did this "Deist" say? And how do you know that He or It said it? Or did this "Deist" simply create you without instruction or guide for life, and is it your purpose is just to walk around this earth aimlessly?

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2013
LOL..."Deist" is not the name of a Deity...'Deism' is simply a Philosophy on "God"
Though My personal Philosophy is not limited to some simple Label and definition.

What is YOUR Purpose in life to be a Slave to a Deity? I would choose walking around the earth in Freedom over Being Enslaved on your Knees any day. Maybe you like being a Slave/on your knees.

"The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve."

My point about Caesar that you failed to See...Is that Why would a "True God" have the Narcissistic qualities of a Human Ruler?
Only Evil demands to be Worshiped.
Remember that.

Your "God" won't force me to worship him no...He will just Send Me to to Suffer in Eternity if I do not...Quite a BIT more Evil than Cesar eh?

The only thing Tim Tebow causes in me is Laughter.
So much for "Witnessing For Christ" if anything watching Tim Tebow deters me from becoming a "Christian," that is if I hadn't already grown out of such Immaturity.

Tim Tebow is no better than a meat heated Pharisee that throws around a ball and is simply adored by Millions of more people. Jesus Spent most of his time preaching against people like him, that Boast their Godliness and Like to pray in Public.

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they [TABLE="class: cms_table"]
[TR]
[TD="class: cms_table_btext, colspan: 2"]Love to Pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full."[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

I think it is wrong to thank the Creator of Life for Money and Possessions (EXCESS money mind you)when Clearly as the Scripture I posted details, Satan is in Rule over 'Worldly things.' The bible in a Million different ways speaks against 'Worldliness.' Jesus basically lived his life as a Poor man...Or rather lived WITH the poor people because he liked them more than the Rich Pharisees and Hypocrites.

"I'll say it again it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of God."

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Evan, if you really hate god and think he is some evil dictator then why do you study scripture?

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
Evan, if you really hate god and think he is some evil dictator then why do you study scripture?
That question should also be asked to the many unregenerate professing "believers" who think God is going to save them because of something they do or something in them, they having not submitted to the righteousness of God. In a way I'd see more hope for him than for the dead religionists, since he at least will not pose as being christian in name. He's not better than them, for sure, but he is also not worse. All who does not believe the gospel conditioned on the atoning blood and the imputed righteousness of Jesus Christ alone are lost. They may entitle themselves as they wish. No difference.

John.5

[39] Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
[40] And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
[41] I receive not honour from men.
[42] But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.
[43] I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
[44] How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2013
I don't hate "God" or Think he is anything other than what "Christians" say "God" is.

The "God" of the Old testament was quite Cruel many times...

But the Idea of "Hell" is actually totally a Christian idea, and almost a NON biblical idea...Though the bible Mentions "The Lake of Fire" in revelation...But one has to wonder if He is actually talk about the Abysses of the Earth.

Would you not agree that a Deity that sends People to Burn in hell for ETERNITY, could be considered Evil?

In fact is there anything MORE evil than that?

The whole Idea of "Hell" is really just Religious fear mongering. It helped the Roman Catholic Empire keep control of Peasants for thousands of years. Priests literally became RICH from being PAYED to "Save people from Hell."
It has been used and still is used to Scare Innocent Children.

Even though the God of the bible has already predestined everything...So even from a biblical standpoint it is silly to worry about Hell.

As far as WHY I study scripture, or rather why I HAVE. I spent much more time reading the bible, mainly obsessed with the Gospels when I was a Teenager.

I study everything...Why be Ignorant of what is in the bible?

P

Powemm

All will be as it once was in the beginning :) God never changes ,it is mans heart towards God that has changed. angelic beings don't leave the throne .. gods greater victory is having mans heart return home to Him.. There is victory after victory for God in this ... just as the Prodigal son returned home to His father... We too , return Home to God

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Well Evan, Hell is very real. I went there before and had my faith tested. I have met god, and i have seen who he is deep inside. What you saw as cruel in the ot was god merely giving a spanking.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Would you not agree that a Deity that sends People to Burn in hell for ETERNITY, could be considered Evil?
Suppose I built a resort for homeless people. All I asked for their free use of it is that they stop, and say thanks to me on their way in the door. That's it, say thanks and you're in, tell me to f o and you can go sit on the curb in the elements.

Am I really being evil to all those who chose to sit on the curb?

Feb 28, 2013
Suppose I built a resort for homeless people. All I asked for their free use of it is that they stop, and say thanks to me on their way in the door. That's it, say thanks and you're in, tell me to f o and you can go sit on the curb in the elements.

Am I really being evil to all those who chose to sit on the curb?
First of all ...This is what YOU would do to homeless people AS A HUMAN BEING.
Why should God be in any way Comparable to what Petty Human emotional reactions would be?

This is my whole point.

Also If I personally built a resort for Homeless people, I wouldn't ask THANKS from them...And I definitely wouldn't kick them to the Curb just because they didn't bow down and give me 'Thanks!' LOL I don't think Jesus would approve of that either.

Feb 28, 2013
Well Evan, Hell is very real. I went there before and had my faith tested. I have met god, and i have seen who he is deep inside. What you saw as cruel in the ot was god merely giving a spanking.
So if Burning people with fire from the Sky, flooding the earth with Water, and Approving of rape and Genocide in the Old testament is "Giving a Spanking"

What is Sending people to Burn in "Hell" for Eternity Considered?

Surely "Cruel" is an Understatement.

Also In my Humble Opinion I must inform you that "Hell", at least in the common sense, indeed is NOT real.
You can believe whatever you Wish. But I also Suggest that you do not teach Younger Children that they will Burn In hell for not Conforming to Certain 'Beliefs.'

Last edited:

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Humans were obviously still Worthy to "God"
Continuously thinking yourself as "Unworthy" and "Disgusting" isn't healthy By the Way.

You should read the the Parable of the Prodigal Son.
Surely a Loving Father still sees his son as worthy even after he has disappointed him.

Why would you look Forward to your own Messiah on an Instrument of Torture and Death?
Seems Quite Satanic to me...The whole veneration of the suffering of the Messiah...
2nd time (sigh).The ONLY reason we are worthy is not because of anything we inherently have in ourselves but because God has declared us righteous on account of Christ work...especially His death for our sins.
Continually thinking yourself as worthy apart from Christ only leads to unfounded pride. I see myself worthy, not unworthy, but solely on account of Christ so don't put words in my mouth. Apart from Christ we are all unworthy.
I have read the prodigal Son (another false assumption of yours) many times. It involves sonship and those in the family not those outside God's family.
I don't look forward to my Messiah as an instrument of torture and death. Another assumption/accusation of yours.
He died for our sins and salvation...only an unbeliever would have those types of thoughts.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
You should consider that "Elohim" or "God" in the bible is actually Plural. And can refer to God and also SONS of God...or the 'Gods'

"Let US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground." ~ Genesis 1:26

Apparently it is not a Singular "God" that is telling Man to rule over everything...But rather "God's"

Why would a Creator that Created all Life... Favor only One Creation?...

Doesn't make sense when you take into Fact that many Organisms have much longer life spans and preferable qualities...

There are Trees that can live for 10,000 years...A species of Jellyfish that is Immortal...Tortoises that can live for almost 400 years...Plants have Complete Regeneration capabilities...

If the Creator made Man as his Favored and Ultimate Creation...Then why not give him properties like a 10,000 year life span, and the ability to Regenerate Lost limbs? Why do so many other Organisms posses superior Qualities?
For example many Species like Elephants are too Massive to be "Ruled" by man. (elephants being very Intelligent animals)
And also other Predatory species certainly would make short Work of a Human.
What are you Mormon? Yes Elohim is plural hinting at a Trinity for He also says 'The Lord thy God is ONE GOD.
One God, one Creator, one inhabited world of Adam and his descendents. The amazing variations amongst the species only highlight God's wisdom and ability in forming His creation. All else is unfounded speculation.
Man could have lived forever had he not sinned by believing the twisted lies of the Serpent. His fall introduced death into himself and I believe creation with him. After the fall Adam lived around 950 years so the tortoises had nothing on him.
Our limbs and such will be renewed/recreated in the resurrection.

P

Powemm

Hi Evan .. I think you have some
Very good questions actually .. there is a trinity ..
(God the father, God the Son , and God the Holy Spirit) there can be some
Confusion in reference to
The (let us )make Him in our image.. the "us" is in reference to The triune nature of who
God is. ..You are correct that God is not a God that demands or needs anything from us.. The truth is we need everything from Him... One thing is for
Site and thank goodness .. Even when we don't Habe all the answers , we can rest assure that god does ...god diesnt give any one man all the answers .. That would take away our dependency in him
And place our confidence in another .. And god is no a god the will have any idols come before him... We are to walk in love along side each
Other while each other is building their relationship in christ... He loves us all the same .. As God has no favorites ...
If we focus more on God rather than doctrines .. We will get along much better .. As each person on their relationship with god is looking from a different point of view .. We should be sharing what we see out our window looking toward God rather than
Blocking our window of who he is revealing himself as allowing others the right to see nothing ...

Last edited by a moderator: