Why did Jesus Christ accept to die for us?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Irisa04

Nov 2, 2016
Today I was in church, and the pastor was preaching about " prayer" he started hi sermon with a little reminder of the reason why it was necessary for the disciple to pray when Jesus was about to die for our sins. one of the things he said that touched me deeply was " why did Jesus feel the need to die for a bunch of people who didn't love him in the first place?". throughout the sermon, I keep thinking about that question and I realize that some of us ( me included) do not understand the value of the cross. We all know John 3:16 ( my favorite verse) but I realize that I really don't understand how deep God's love is that made him turn himself into a sinner so that I can be saved. this question also made me wonder why I keep sinning while I know the unimaginable pain God went through to give me eternal life? is it true that we don't have a deeper understanding of God's grace that we take God's sacrifice to the cross for granted? why do we feel the need to be always grateful fo people who did something of a lesser importance than what Jesus did on the cross but are ungrateful for eternal life that is found in Jesus? how do a deep understanding of God's love and the value of the cross can help us, Christian, to get free from sin bondage and fight temptation?

Nov 22, 2015
It was all motivated by His love for us and He would do whatever it took to make us free so that we could live with Him for eternity and participate in the same love that the Father has for the Son and vice versa and all this is done by God the Holy spirit. The three in One.

R

RBA238

The Blood Sacrifice of Jesus was his Attonement for every person's sins.
In the OT the people brought and sacrificed Goats, Sheep etc for a sin offering. God decided only a Perfect Human sacrifice could be offered One Time only for all mankind for the future. The Only one who could ever qualify as "Perfect" was The Lord Himself..So Through Mary The Holy Ghost in dwelled Mary and she gave birth to a Perfect Human Sacrifice for A future Sin sacrifice...Read Hebrews Chapter 9 which explains all this..God Bless

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Today I was in church, and the pastor was preaching about " prayer" he started hi sermon with a little reminder of the reason why it was necessary for the disciple to pray when Jesus was about to die for our sins. one of the things he said that touched me deeply was " why did Jesus feel the need to die for a bunch of people who didn't love him in the first place?". throughout the sermon, I keep thinking about that question and I realize that some of us ( me included) do not understand the value of the cross. We all know John 3:16 ( my favorite verse) but I realize that I really don't understand how deep God's love is that made him turn himself into a sinner so that I can be saved. this question also made me wonder why I keep sinning while I know the unimaginable pain God went through to give me eternal life? is it true that we don't have a deeper understanding of God's grace that we take God's sacrifice to the cross for granted? why do we feel the need to be always grateful fo people who did something of a lesser importance than what Jesus did on the cross but are ungrateful for eternal life that is found in Jesus? how do a deep understanding of God's love and the value of the cross can help us, Christian, to get free from sin bondage and fight temptation?
Yes Gods love is perfect love and far more higher in quality then human love.. Out of Love Jesus desired the salvation of the people who carried out His cruel execution.. And we know on the day of Pentecost many of them where saved. :)

We sin because we are faulty human beings. If we have sin and believe Jesus then we fight the good fight against our own sin. But it is a life time battle and we shall never win it in this life time.. But it is good to resist sin because it does make a statement of intent..

why do we feel the need to be always grateful fo people who did something of a lesser importance than what Jesus did on the cross but are ungrateful for eternal life that is found in Jesus?
I think it comes down to expectations.. When Humans do acts of kindness and help us we often are not expecting that they will do it for us and so we are surprised and make a big deal out of it.. Like when we see a child do some good deed without prompting, we will give them praise attention and positive feedback, making a big deal out of it.. I think people simply believe God can do anything for us without any trouble.. in our minds God has only to think it or say it and it will be done, to us God is perfect and it takes no effort for Him to do anything.. So we tend to take God for granted..

But of course The LORD Jesus went through truly horrendous suffering and a terrible execution for us, it does not matter that He is divine. He chose to walk down that path and suffer real pain and torment out of love for us.. He could have called upon His Angels at any time to be liberated from His slow execution.. I think the only way people could come anywhere near understanding what Jesus went through would be if they where executed in a similar way..

All praise and glory and boasting are all the LORDs for He won the Victory over the second death :D

notuptome

May 17, 2013
I assume that English is not your first language. Jesus never turned Himself into a sinner. Jesus never sinned. It was because Jesus was perfect and without sin that He could offer Himself in our place on the cross. It is called vicarious atonement. Jesus had our sin placed upon Him and we have His righteousness place upon us.

2Co 5:21 For he (God) hath made him (Jesus) to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Ro 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

F

FreeNChrist

The Cross is a constant reminder that as Christians we have a clear sense of spiritual identity based on the "finished work" of Jesus Christ; so that we can say along with the apostle Paul that, "by the grace of God I am what I am" (1 Cor. 15:10).

It is that understanding of who we are "in Christ" that is foundational to our Christian lives, in that we behave on the basis of the concept of our identity.

Dec 19, 2009
For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:6 RSV

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
"How?", you ask? Well, Jesus through His death and resurrection has reconciled you to God. It is through this reconciliation, being brought back to God with no condemnation, that you may boldly approach His presence. You may stand before Him in prayer, unhindered. If the temptation presents itself you may go before God in that time of need (prayer, thanks to Jesus).

Hebrews 4:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

His word says that with the temptation He gives the escape, meaning if temptation presents itself God will provide the escape. So, based upon Jesus Christ's finished work that reconciled you to God you may when tempted stand before God in that time of need for the escape (to have victory).

1 Corinthians 10:13 King James Version (KJV)

13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Love will to the extreme for all others regardless if they love back.

Marcelo

Feb 4, 2016
why did Jesus feel the need to die for a bunch of people who didn't love him in the first place?
Because He was in flesh, but He was not carnal like us.

some of us ( me included) do not understand the value of the cross
I don't understand either, but I feel it in my heart.

why do we feel the need to be always grateful fo people who did something of a lesser importance than what Jesus did on the cross
Because those people are visible to our carnal eyes and Jesus is not.

P

Preacha24-7

When Adam &Eve sinned mankind lost his dominion on the earth. In the
Old Testament people offered sacrifices to God when they sinned. Thank God for
the New Covenant. Man no longer has to kill sheep and goats anymore. Jesus
Christ is our High Priest. People need to stop trying to make the Gospel
so complicated. It's really simple. All men are born in sin. Mankind was lost and
in need of a Savior. We all deserve to be in hell. God loved us so much that
He gave us his best(Jesus). Christ purpose on this earth was to destroy
the works of the devil and to redeem mankind and restore them with
relationship with the Heavenly Father.
1.God's Love John3:16-17
2.Christ died for our sins Romans5:8
3.No condemnation for those in Christ Jesus Romans8:1-2
4. Jesus is the only way to God John14:6
5. Eternal life in Jesus John17:3
6. If we repent God forgives us 1John1:9
7.Whoever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved Rom10:23
To God be the Glory
Preacha24-7 Evangelist to the Streets (Street Ministry)

A

Ariel82

Because we can be spoiled ungrateful brats at time. However, I am amazed daily that God forgives and loves me even when I don't love myself.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
God demonstrates his own love for us in this:
While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us
and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.