why do christians dont give grace on other christians ? j/w please help me out onthis

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Y

yahweh_is4me

I have a question why is it that Christians don't give grace on other Christians , I mean isn't part of forgiveness giving grace also, knowing that we all fall short should we not want to forgive one another and hold no grudges so any help on this matter would be very much appreciated .. unity isn't that what is about ... I am just really confused on this matter thanks
God Bless

M

MaggieMye

I think that, initiallly, they do. But it those that call themselves 'Christian' and continue in sin, depression, or lack, etc. that the majority of us get frustrated with and our supply of grace runs short.
Example: I have a friend who has been depressed for years, off and on. She has received teaching, repeatitively, as to how to be the overcomer that God created her to be. Yet, she wallows in self pity time and again. After years of counseling her and her receiving counseling from others, I"m at the point of "Well, OK...I guess you LIKE your life the way it is, so why should I bother." I pray that she would truly seek and receive deliverance, but for whatever reason, the motivation is not there....evidently her life is not yet at the bottom of that barrel.
Maggie

Feb 9, 2010
The disciples said to Jesus why don't certain people who claim Christ follow Him and the disciples.Jesus said he that is not against us is for us.

Even though the different denominations have different interpretations of some parts of scripture they are still on Jesus' side.

We are to be forgiving towards all people.God said if you are at the altar and have somewhat against your brother go make amends first to your brother and then go to the altar.

That is how important that it is to be forgiving for God will not forgive you if you do not forgive your brother.

The reason why there are many people who claim to be with Christ acting wrongly towards their brother is because not all have the Spirit,and indicated by all the different denominations of Christianity.They fight with each other as the flesh fights with other people.God does not like strife.

They have different interpretations because not all people who say they are a Christian have the Spirit;therefore they lack the love they should have for other people,and will have different interpretations of scripture,and will belittle each other coming from the flesh.

The Bible says to follow peace with all people.We are to be friendly to all people as much as is in us,some people you can say hi,some people you can give a handshake,some people you can hug,but some people you do not want to give a hug because of their behavior but we still have to be friendly to them by saying hi or a handshake.

Jesus said if they verbally assault you do not verbally assault back.If they physically assault you do not physically assault back.Jesus said not to fight for the kingdom of God by physical force,which many people who claim to be with Christ did in the past.

Jesus said not to resist evil,which means if they physically assault you do not fight back,but be like Jesus who did not fight back except by the words of God.

Matt

L

lightbliss

I think it's because as Christians, we expect other Christians to know better than to sin or do wrong.

Since we have the Word and we know what we shouldn't do, if, as Christians, we do it, some think we're more so worthy or deserving of ungodly judgment or wrathful chastisement.

Some think of Christianity as a book of lists. Everything is written out for us, so there is no room for error yet we still "mess up" as though we are guild-less.

For this we are shunned by the "Christian" community.

I'm not going to go into the "Everybody sins" cliche because I see that only as an excuse and enabler for sin so...

Proverbs 24:16
For a righteous man may fall seven times
And rise again,
But the wicked shall fall by calamity.

Y

yahweh_is4me

The disciples said to Jesus why don't certain people who claim Christ follow Him and the disciples.Jesus said he that is not against us is for us.

Even though the different denominations have different interpretations of some parts of scripture they are still on Jesus' side.

We are to be forgiving towards all people.God said if you are at the altar and have somewhat against your brother go make amends first to your brother and then go to the altar.

That is how important that it is to be forgiving for God will not forgive you if you do not forgive your brother.

The reason why there are many people who claim to be with Christ acting wrongly towards their brother is because not all have the Spirit,and indicated by all the different denominations of Christianity.They fight with each other as the flesh fights with other people.God does not like strife.

They have different interpretations because not all people who say they are a Christian have the Spirit;therefore they lack the love they should have for other people,and will have different interpretations of scripture,and will belittle each other coming from the flesh.

The Bible says to follow peace with all people.We are to be friendly to all people as much as is in us,some people you can say hi,some people you can give a handshake,some people you can hug,but some people you do not want to give a hug because of their behavior but we still have to be friendly to them by saying hi or a handshake.

Jesus said if they verbally assault you do not verbally assault back.If they physically assault you do not physically assault back.Jesus said not to fight for the kingdom of God by physical force,which many people who claim to be with Christ did in the past.

Jesus said not to resist evil,which means if they physically assault you do not fight back,but be like Jesus who did not fight back except by the words of God.

Matt
its still hurts ...I just dont get it I thought this was a mature Christian but... ty :)

Y

yahweh_is4me

I think it's because as Christians, we expect other Christians to know better than to sin or do wrong.

Since we have the Word and we know what we shouldn't do, if, as Christians, we do it, some think we're more so worthy or deserving of ungodly judgment or wrathful chastisement.

Some think of Christianity as a book of lists. Everything is written out for us, so there is no room for error yet we still "mess up" as though we are guild-less.

For this we are shunned by the "Christian" community.

I'm not going to go into the "Everybody sins" cliche because I see that only as an excuse and enabler for sin so...

Proverbs 24:16
For a righteous man may fall seven times
And rise again,
But the wicked shall fall by calamity.
yes its almost like they are keeping a list of wrongs that was done against them I mean thats not like Christ at all .....

I

ibewhoibe

Greetings,

Well I just have to say, When a Christain Beleaves and teaches some doctrine they was taught and it turns out wrong, Others dont want new Christains to learn the wrong Gospel, Being Corected is love, open Rebuke is what will turn one to the truth and keep some-one from learning wrong, yes it hurts, But I've been corected and I thank my Brothers for it, as I beleave thats how we grow, and yes some-times the war is Hell, But better than letting some-one go thinking they was right.

IF THEY ARE WRONG.

LOL, guess we need to Thank Our Father for it, no harm in saving a soul from Hell, even if its a battel, Best thing I can tell Ya, Get on the Right Side, "wink"

" I Be "

B

BBW4Christ2

I believe that apart of the reason we as Christians dont operate in forgiveness of sin, and the pardon of them, is because its hard to grasp that that's what Christ does for us. When we really get that when we repent and turn that God forgets about it, then it will be easier for us to do it and still loves us. There also is a very competitive spirit in the church and amoung the saints, but we forget yes this is a race, but if it was supposed to be competitive it would be given to the swift and the strong not just to the one that endures to the end. When you think your in a competition with someone then you hold things over their head in hopes that it would hinder their progress (in actuality it, but puts us in a state where we need to be forgiven). If we can get free from some of the ways in which we think, we naturally would begin to love people with the love of Christ.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
Hi Yahweh_is4me,

Broken friendships and the hurt that goes with is painful for those concerned. Even mature christians make bad mistakes. Pain is hard to deal with especially if your the one who has done no wrong. The only thing to do is make peace with the person involved, and keep from and do not nurse any bad feelings towards them (Leviticus 19:17-18). The pain may be but for a short time, give it to God in prayer and petition. May the Lord our God bring you comfort in this time. Prayin for you.

Blessings

Phil

Y

yahweh_is4me

Hi Yahweh_is4me,

Broken friendships and the hurt that goes with is painful for those concerned. Even mature christians make bad mistakes. Pain is hard to deal with especially if your the one who has done no wrong. The only thing to do is make peace with the person involved, and keep from and do not nurse any bad feelings towards them (Leviticus 19:17-18). The pain may be but for a short time, give it to God in prayer and petition. May the Lord our God bring you comfort in this time. Prayin for you.

Blessings

Phil
Thank you God Bless

C

Consumed

I have a question why is it that Christians don't give grace on other Christians , I mean isn't part of forgiveness giving grace also, knowing that we all fall short should we not want to forgive one another and hold no grudges so any help on this matter would be very much appreciated .. unity isn't that what is about ... I am just really confused on this matter thanks
God Bless
the greatest commandment - when they asked Jesus what this was Jesus replied with two commandments - Love God, love thy neighbour . If someone doesnt listen, or opinions differ we can so quickly go feral on them and call them heretics,unsaved,vipers etc instead of just respecting them for who they, a creation of God, and where they are at in their walk with Jesus.

Love covers a multitude of sins, doesnt add to them........

we take carnal views and try ever so hard to crown it with Jesus and call it spiritually minded.

L

Logos57

God Bless

Howdy Yahweh_is4me,

I really like your username, the Father really is for you/us.

I think one reason is that we as believers do not renew our minds.
Ephesians 4:22--24;32
22) That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23) And be renewed in the spirit of your mind.
24) An that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

32) And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

And if we don't renew are minds we grieve the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 4:30), which means His love cannot be shed in our hearts as it should be (Romans 5:5).

But you make a good point, I heard a pastor, once say something like Christians seem to love to injured their wounded more. It is sad, for Jesus told us that all men would know us by our love one for another (John 13:34-35)

Dec 19, 2009
God Bless
I think a person should be forgiven after they turn from their sin.

C

charisenexcelcis

God Bless
I have been praying about this and pouring over scripture and I think one reason is fear. Fear is what keeps us from accepting grace because grace requires helplessness and this is frightening for some people. When you can't accept grace, you can't give grace. You are afraid of your own vulnerability and it is easier to be legalistic and judgemental toward others rather than open up to give and thus receive grace. Does that make sense?

M

machew

I have been praying about this and pouring over scripture and I think one reason is fear. Fear is what keeps us from accepting grace because grace requires helplessness and this is frightening for some people. When you can't accept grace, you can't give grace. You are afraid of your own vulnerability and it is easier to be legalistic and judgemental toward others rather than open up to give and thus receive grace. Does that make sense?
So true! Thanks for your insight. :)

M

Mich223

I also agree with you Charisenexcelcis.

A

Angel371

just because someone says they are a christian does not mean they are the bible says to test the spirits a true christian will let the word of God be the teacher for they know the word of God cant lie when the bible says if you cant love your brother whom you have seen how can you love God whom you have not seen (many are not obedient to the word of God and it is so sad to see