Why do people who are obsessed with reading the bible all day

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

Dix

Reading the bible makes one aware of the truth of God, and grace is there to help you survive deception and temptations, in other words even if you know the bible above all people, satan can still mislead you into wrong belief, that's where prayer fits in.

Moreover would discourage too much reading of the bible, rather not more than one hour during bed time for a person less than the age of 50 years, because the person at that age has too much too learn and should you ignore other books, your mind will direct you to ministry of preaching even if you are not gifted in that area because it's what basically you occupy yourself with.

N

nathan3

Think that they will go to hell If they aren't always read it? I thought the bible wasn't invent in those days and weren't people still going to heaven? or did they go to hell for that?
When you get into the divide in heaven ( the gulf ), and ""hell"" at the end of the Lords Day : then its a judgment call, and God is fair.

They had the Bible then, all the old testament is written down by then, and many of the letters were in circulation already.
Today, now we have the complete word, & have little excuse not to know God's words. One Judgment day, you can't claim you were never given the word.

We were warned many times to study the Bible . To listen , to do God's words, and have faith in , faith comes by hearing the word of God ( Romans 10:17 ) .

We have the comforter now ( John 15:26-27 .). Which we have to read with understanding ( 2 Timothy 2:12-16 ).

I know a lot of people do not read the Bible nor even care to understand it. And say they were here when antichrist gets here. They are going to be deceived , because they did not care, to read the Word. If they go to hell, I don't know, but its not going to be a easy ride.

One result that comes from a directly from being ignorant of God's words is this:

Luke 23:30

30 Then shall they begin to say to the mountains, Fall on us; and to the hills, Cover us.

Revelation 6:16

16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

( Had they listened to the warning, and read it, then they could have avoided that. They can avoid that. God's word prevents you from being in that crowed who has that shame. ( Matthew 7:24-27 )

Last edited:
B

Brother-Quick

Man can not Live on bread alone and needs Every Word That god speaks to survive ,, give us to say are daily bread lol.

38miles

I will show you but I CHALLENGE you wise teachers to SHOW THE REST OF THE READERS how GOD-ENLIGHTENED you are....
Cobus, With respect, I am somewhat confused by your posts. First, the avatar? What am I looking at? Next, your obsessive use of caps lock. You are screaming to be heard with that. I'm screaming to be heard too, so I'm no less guilty, but maybe ease off on the caps. They show "self" and a lack a self-restraint. Finally, your theology is definitely not anything that I can relate to or understand. I first looked into this when you were responding to Simiel. Correct me if I am wrong, but do you profess that you are living without sin right now--meaning that in your day-to-day life you do not sin?

To to answer the OP...I think there is a tension that exists. In my experience, when I depart from spending time in God's word I get bowled over by my own corruptible thoughts. Yet, business of life and all that makes it easy to suddenly say, "Whoa when was the last night I read?" I think if we are to be God-obsessed, and I BELIEVE we are, it should be because we are living out the greatest commandment. Caps there is for you Cobus.

R

Richie_2uk

So MusicTester? Does the replies answer to you question? are the answers any help to you?

Sep 3, 2012
Don't stone me. The bible is to know about God and to know Jesus was the Christ. It's says faith come by hearing (not by reading) I believe faith come by your relation with God hearing Him. I never read the Old Testament put bits and piece but from what I saw faith aways came when God spoke to that person.

Again I say don't stone me. Lol

Sep 3, 2012
Don't stone me. The bible is to know about God and to know Jesus was the Christ. It's says faith come by hearing (not by reading) I believe faith come by your relation with God hearing Him. I never read the Old Testament put bits and piece but from what I saw faith aways came when God spoke to that person.

Again I say don't stone me. Lol
It's was always something God said to them that they acted upon..

Faith with out works is dead..

B

BELIEVE

Think that they will go to hell If they aren't always read it? I thought the bible wasn't invent in those days and weren't people still going to heaven? or did they go to hell for that?
dear sister musictester

romans 10:17
[SUP]17 [/SUP]So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

this is why we read the holy bible, why we listen to sermons, why we fellowship with one another.

for we love god and desire to be with him always.

but if we don't stay in his holy word daily then we fall back/backslide... slowly opening doors that we need not go into.

god bless.

Oct 31, 2011
God isn't asking any of us to answer the question of what others do about putting His words the their minds, God is asking you what you, personally, should do about your own mind. I think God is quite clean about that. In the Lord's Prayer it says to give us our daily bread. We know from all scripture that God feels there is a connection between our physical and material world, and that we are to feed our spirit with His word as we feed it with food. So the question for each of us to ask ourselves is how much of the word are we to put in our minds today.

Scripture also tells us to keep our mind on what is good, not what is of evil. So the more your mind is misbehaving, the more of the words of the Lord straight from scripture needs to be stuffed into it to offset wrong thoughts.

B

Brother-Quick

Reading the bible makes one aware of the truth of God, and grace is there to help you survive deception and temptations, in other words even if you know the bible above all people, satan can still mislead you into wrong belief, that's where prayer fits in.

Moreover would discourage too much reading of the bible, rather not more than one hour during bed time for a person less than the age of 50 years, because the person at that age has too much too learn and should you ignore other books, your mind will direct you to ministry of preaching even if you are not gifted in that area because it's what basically you occupy yourself with.
Good advice bro,, lol the average brain can only Multi task for 35 mins in 4 hours ,, But with a willing and Learning desire One can Do so much more

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
[h=2]Why do people who are obsessed with reading the bible all day[/h]
ummm, 'cause they actually believe it to be truly God's Word?

Dec 12, 2013
I read and study it quite regularly and I do so for the following reasons...

1. I love the word of God
2. I want to learn more about the word as it is full of wonderful surprises
3. The word of God makes wise the simple
4. The word of God tells me what is coming and I want to know
5. I study because I am saved, not to keep my salvation!

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013
I didn’t know that PEOPLE WHO READ THE BIBLE ALL DAY THINK THEY ARE GOING TO HELL… I read it every day sometime a little bit sometime all day (8hr+) because I think I think it’s G-DS LOVE LETTERS TO ME AND I LIKE TO TALK TO HIM!!!! Glad I found out I was going to go to hell (or at least I think I am) I didn’t know that!!!!!