why do you reject the gift of the Holy Ghost?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Apostol2013

Jan 27, 2013
Did you know to reject the gift of the Holy Ghost is rejecting Christ himself ?

E

Exoaria

Don't give him attention. He's been posting threads like this for days.

Sure, rejecting the Spirit is rejecting Christ. Congratulations. You are #1 WINNAAAA!!!
Why are you posting this on a Christian forum? Seriously.

Apostol2013

Jan 27, 2013
well christ was conceived of the spirit testified of the spirit in life on earth by his life his word (john 14) and also proclaimed the holy ghost gift to come in john7:37 and the fullfillment of his promise in acts chapter 2 and it was quoted for all generations now this gift the aposyles found it so vital they made it their mission that people not only be baptized in the name of jesus alone but by the gift of the holy ghost and the biblical evidence is the speaking of tongues and prophesying look at acts 19 but in jeremiah it states the forsaking of the lord the fountain of the living waters and that is jesus Jer 17:13 O LORD, the hope of Israel, all that forsake thee shall be ashamed, and they that depart from me shall be written in the earth, because they have forsaken the LORD, the fountain of living waters.

Apostol2013

Jan 27, 2013
you will see keep watching , but i am posting this as an awareness to them wich know not but there are some that believe not but my hopes that it may edify as many

Sep 8, 2012
Well, I hear you, but there are people who really love the Lord, (they do);
but through a past experience they are made afraid of the gifts.
Many were in churches and felt pressured to be a certain level of righteousness. (In their own minds)
See,........the thing about corporate worship that is based on gifts is that some get scared, others get offended because they "don't measure up" to whatever they think is the normal state of righteousness.
No one can judge the righteousness of another in worship, but sadly it is done. - Many do it to themselves by comparing.
- "I'm not being moved like the others" - (God! What's wrong with me!?!)
- - The Holy Spirit is peaceable, doesn't force anything.
Jesus loses none, people need to not reject what is His will for them.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2010
Apostol, even rejecting HIS Word is rejecting HIM.... Jesus said if you KEEP my Word the Father and I will come and make our abide with you.... but if you REJECT the Word you reject HIM AND THE FATHER...

Jesus said....BE PERFECT, who is going to KEEP that? Jesus said if you sin you are of the devil hesinneth from the beginning. Who is going to keep that? Jesus said He makes you unto a PERFECT MAN, right here on earth, who is going to keep that?

Oh there are so much in the Bible, people can only keep AFTER THEY TWISTED IT. But God gave it, and so manu reject the command.... BE PERFECT.... I wonder why? They even say it is IMPOSSIBLE to be perfect here...

But God commanded it and God says... Mat 29... FOR GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE.... but for the Bible twisters and sinners, God cannot make flesh perfect! What a huge lie that is, and they all believe that lie. That is why GOD IS NOT IN THEM... God cannot be where sin is...

Apostol2013

Jan 27, 2013
so true jesus our Lord said do not judge but there is a judgement to condemnation and a judgement to righteousness but we cannot force issues but exhort/encourage i agree , also I see no one takes time to help each other i see so much selfishness also but i will pray for them

Sep 8, 2012
Cobus spoke in tongues.
- Right Cobus?

Apostol2013

Jan 27, 2013
Apostol, even rejecting HIS Word is rejecting HIM.... Jesus said if you KEEP my Word the Father and I will come and make our abide with you.... but if you REJECT the Word you reject HIM AND THE FATHER...

Jesus said....BE PERFECT, who is going to KEEP that? Jesus said if you sin you are of the devil hesinneth from the beginning. Who is going to keep that? Jesus said He makes you unto a PERFECT MAN, right here on earth, who is going to keep that?

Oh there are so much in the Bible, people can only keep AFTER THEY TWISTED IT. But God gave it, and so manu reject the command.... BE PERFECT.... I wonder why? They even say it is IMPOSSIBLE to be perfect here...

But God commanded it and God says... Mat 29... FOR GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE.... but for the Bible twisters and sinners, God cannot make flesh perfect! What a huge lie that is, and they all believe that lie. That is why GOD IS NOT IN THEM... God cannot be where sin is...
very true but they have grace till their understanding gets filled it does atate once we come to a full understanding of the gospel and do it not there is no longer remision of sins like in 1 john 1Jn 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
but it also states we can confess our sins for we have an advocate christ he is our love

Feb 17, 2010
Never did Ricky Afrikaans and English is the tongues I speak God's LIVING WATERS... His Truth is the living Waters

Apostol2013

Jan 27, 2013
the giftings are a part of who we are but so is righteousness and that is what we are to adhere to but as jesus taught us

Feb 17, 2010
I agree grace is patient

Apostol2013

Jan 27, 2013
I speak in tongues I also have the gift of interpretation and others but obedience is a big one

Feb 17, 2010
all perfect gits are from above... even perfection

Feb 17, 2010
I speak truth in two languages... my gift is UNDERSTANDING SCRIPTURE... three gifts in 1 Cor 12. But He does give as He wants. So I am glad for them....

Apostol2013

Jan 27, 2013
But we must receive and are in need of his grace his holy ghost 5 For our gospel came not unto you in word (o. logos) only, but also in power, and in the Holy Spirit, (o. pneuma) and in much assurance; as all of you know what manner of men we were among you for your sake

Apostol2013

Jan 27, 2013
Gift of wisdom gift of knowledge gift of healing gift of diver miracles ets

Apostol2013

Jan 27, 2013
We are different body parts of christ true

Feb 17, 2010
Amen!
Have a good day, and may the will of Father be done in us all. Amen!