Why do you suppose so many people don't like/want to/don't go to church anymore?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

J-Kay

I am impressed with the maturity among our younger generation
who have posted on this topic. I thought it was acceptable to most
younger than I, to accept what is being served from the pulpit in the
Emergent Church. God bless you. I believe there is true repentance
and knowledge of Christ when one can see the erroneous teachings.
You know, the feel good, " I'm okay, you're okay." .... The how many
attended, or how large is your offering per week ?

Nothing should take place of Gods Word. And as for feeling we should
fight to stay in a Church and get rid of the demons ? It is not as easy done
as said. There is a Pastor, Elders, Deacons and Cliques to get through
before one can put satan out of the Church. The leaders must be on board
and see it themselves. When someone is truly in tune with the Lord
spiritually and sees the enemy at work, and others do not, it takes some
real spiritual warfare prayer to chase out the enemy. One person for
just a handful in a large Church, can pray against the enemy but if they
don't see a change, then they should leave. Yes, there are divisions in
Churches. Some want to grow .. eat the meat.. come off the milk... If
coming out of a Church that only gives milk and latte's , well, it is time
to go where the meat of Gods Word is. Even on TV Pastors have to be
tested before we know for certain if we are wasting our time. I could
name one popular one my husband and I liked for a while, but after a time
of listening to the same thing over and over we began searching for
Pastors who could preach from Scripture and get fed that meat....and
we are at home.
I felt guilty because the Word does say "forsake not the assembling of
yourselves together." But, could we not say, that is what we are doing
here ? God bless all. ~

A

Anonimous

Dont forget about the 501c3 contract these corporate churches sign with the government, which tells them what they can and cant preach against ( or lose their tax exempt status ) These corporate churches have made the state the head, and not the Lord Jesus. The Holy Spirit left these churches.
What types of things are they not allowed to talk about? Such as?...

J

J-Kay

What types of things are they not allowed to talk about? Such as?...
[h=3]Types of 501(c)(3) Organizations[/h]
501(c)(3) organizations fall into one of three primary categories: public charities, private foundations, and private operating foundations.
A public charity is generally defined by the IRS as “not a private foundation”. It receives a substantial portion of its revenue from the general public or from government. In order to remain a public charity (and not a private foundation), a 501(c)(3) must obtain at least 1/3 of its donated revenue from a fairly broad base of public support. Public support can be from individuals, companies and/or other public charities. Donations to public charities can be tax deductible to the individual donor up to 50% of the donor’s income[2,3]. Corporate limits are generally 10%[2,3]. In addition, public charities must maintain a governing body that is mostly made up of unrelated individuals[4]. Public charities are what most people recognize as those organizations with active programs. Examples include churches, benevolence organizations, animal welfare agencies, educational organizations, etc.

A private foundation is often referred to as a non-operating foundation, as in it typically does not have active programs. Revenue may come from a relatively small number of donors, even single donors. Private foundations are usually thought of as nonprofits which support the work of public charities through grants, though that is not always the case. Donations to private foundations can be tax deductible to the individual donor up to 30% of the donor’s income[2,3]. Governance of a private foundation can be much more closely held than in a public charity. A family foundation is an example of a private foundation.

The third category is the least common: private operating foundation. These organizations often maintain active programs similar to public charities, but may have attributes (such as close governance) similar to a foundation. As such, private operating foundations are often considered hybrids. Most of the earnings must go to the conduct of programs. Donation deductibility is similar to a public charity[2,3].
[h=3]Restrictions on Activities[/h] 501(c)(3) organizations are highly regulated entities. Strict rules apply to both the activities and the governance of these organizations. No part of the activities or the net earnings can unfairly benefit any director, officer, or any private individual, and no officer or private individual can share in the distribution of any of the corporate assets in the event the organization shuts down.

Further, lobbying, propaganda or other legislative activity must be kept relatively insubstantial[5]. Intervention in political campaigns or the endorsement/anti-endorsement of candidates for public office is strictly prohibited.