Why does pizza taste so good? (POLL)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Why does pizza taste so good? (choose ALL that apply!)

• Because its a gift from God

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Because its made with love

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Because aint nobody got time to say no to pizza

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Because it looks like an edible planet earth

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Because we like-a da sauce eh! (old SNL reference)

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Because it is what it is!

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Because its zero's favorite fast food!

• Because nobody knows

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Because it can be both vegan and meat-lover

• Because its temptation on a crust!

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Because pizza is evil!

• Because the italians are culinary geniuses!

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Because if it wasn't, the world would implode!

• Total voters
Aug 2, 2009
Why does pizza taste so good?

If there was one food that you could say was universally liked it would probably be pizza.. So what is it about pizza that makes it liked by so many people?? :rolleyes: Tell us your thoughts... (and wait for the poll...)

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Because the ingredients are endless (as in toppings)....One dish meal...Has all basic food groups AND it is Zero's Favorite....

Aug 2, 2009
Here's a visual aid which I forgot to include in the OP... :rolleyes:

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012

If there was one food that you could say was universally liked it would probably be pizza.. So what is it about pizza that makes it liked by so many people?? :rolleyes: Tell us your thoughts... (and wait for the poll...)
And it's made different in different cultures. In Columbia, they don't put tomato sauce on it.

BruceWayne

Aug 7, 2013
Gotham City
Because it comes with a handle and the handle is edible. :p

On a side note: What is wrong with the people who like pineapple on pizza? Gross.

S

Stranger36147

Great topic. Lord knows how much I love pizza. When I order out, I always get Domino's. I'd like to eventually try other pizza places as well.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
It is our daily bread :) And cheese :D Doesn't cheese make everything taste better?

pizza.jpg

Aug 2, 2009
Because it comes with a handle and the handle is edible. :p

On a side note: What is wrong with the people who like pineapple on pizza? Gross.
Pizza with pineapple is awesome! It sounds gross, but it tastes awesome. :rolleyes:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Magenta got it right. Bread and cheese has been a standard meal for many, many years. Pizza is a good way to put them together.

Now for the question that will end friendships and start feuds, because no two people can agree on the right answer: What are the best toppings for pizza?

cinder

Mar 26, 2014

I would hazard a guess that beyond the inherent awesomeness of pizza, it's also pretty standard food at a lot of larger childhood gatherings. So we associate pizza with treats and friends and fun and we all like those things.

Magenta got it right. Bread and cheese has been a standard meal for many, many years. Pizza is a good way to put them together.

Now for the question that will end friendships and start feuds, because no two people can agree on the right answer: What are the best toppings for pizza?
All the non seafood meats you can cram on and mushrooms and lots and lots of cheese.

Jul 27, 2016

Because there is so much verity. Like you can have crispy thin pizza, thick pizza, and so many different layers in size, you can also have bigger pizzas, smaller pizzas, and you can have so many different toppings to suit the individual. So in the end, you have out there that is perfect for everyone :) (unless they hate all kinds of pizza lol)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
All the non seafood meats you can cram on and mushrooms and lots and lots of cheese.
No crab? No bell pepper? No onion?!! It's NOT a pizza without onion. :p

The local convenience store makes a pizza that beats Pizza Hut or Dominoes any day of the week. I like to order a large supreme, no jalapenos (because I'm allergic to pain) and extra, extra, extra cheese... and bake it well-done so the cheese is dark brown on top. I like to have a good reason for calling it a pizza PIE. It comes out about an inch and a half thick, and the crust is only about a sixteenth of an inch.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
and the answer is... umami

(not to be confused with "yo mama" or "oh mommy"...).

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
and the answer is... umami

(not to be confused with "yo mama" or "oh mommy"...).
I don't know what "umami" means but I like it :D

I looked it up :)

Umami, or savory taste, is one of the five basic tastes (together with sweetness, sourness, bitterness, and saltiness). It has been described as brothy or meaty. Tomatoes are rich in umami component
s :eek: Warm crispy bread, cheese, and tomato... what could be better?

Purple Tomato.jpg

Last edited:
W

wwjd_kilden

Depends on what I am in the mood for

EITHER:
Thin, crispy crust and only two toppings (properly Italian style) ie simply tomato sauce and cheese.

OR

(American style?)
Lots and lots of crust and lots of toppings

IE
-Leek / onion (of varying kinds)
-Spicy, hot tomato sauce (ie with chilli and garlic)
- Meat (Beef / Chicken / Minced meat depending on what else is on it)
- Cheese! (Lots and lots of it)

D

DCrawshawJr

I don't know. Could be the way it feels in my mouth, the combination of cheese, tomato sauce, meat, crust...

S

Siberian_Khatru

Why does it taste so good? I don't know either.

But I think that if I was on death row and was given my last meal, I'd ask for a Smokehouse Combo with Polynesian sauce from Round Table Pizza─ NO PINEAPPLE.

H

Hellooo

One of my favorite highlights of visiting Chicago

Giordanos deep dish

Aug 2, 2009
Whoa that looks GOOD!! :rolleyes: Sort of reminds me of a panzarotti, another italian favorite of mine!