Why would you want to marry someone like yourself?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
LIAMSON: I get what you are saying. Sometimes the person you are with will ask what's on your mind and for a time you will say "nothing". Then, when you actually attempt to explain, they look at you like a doe in the headlights. It can be very frustrating, can't it? :)
Yes!

Nothing is more frustrating than someone asking a question, when you know the answer will never be understood or the answer will simply be tuned out.

But it makes me realize that with some people, I can't really be hurt because I know that they couldn't really see me.

Its almost like someone telling a "Your Mom" joke when they don't know your mom. Its kind of irrelevant. Like someone falling in love with you because of the car you drive, how much money you make or how attractive your features are.

Love, Joy, Pain, Agony, Sorrow and True Belonging are only possible when people are Mutually Open, Understood and Vulnerable, from the inside out. This is the only meaning of giving someone your heart that really matters.

Descyple

Jun 7, 2010
Actually, I'm thinking that if Zao and Descyple both post in here, it would be a duel of egos (we could call it The Battle of the Best (In Their Own Pretty Minds.) :D

Why, with Descyple carrying mirrors wherever he goes and Zao making steam every time he's near a bathroom... :)

*Serious comment to make this post legit: I have to agree with Jullianna--I have many blind spots in my life and would hope the right person would have my back. In other words, there's going to be a lot he's good at that I'm not... and hopefully vice versa.*

If we think of ourselves as a fort, marrying someone exactly like us means all the weak places will still be there and this time, it's a danger for two people (maybe more if children are involved), not just one.
Seoulsearch and Arwen, I'm afraid there will not be a battle between Zao and I regarding our ravaging good-lookingness, because as we both belong to the "Brotherhood of the Incredibly Hot", we took an oath to encourage each other in the advancement of our magnificent appearances. But never to compete.

Having said that.................. Would I want to marry someone like myself? Let me think!!!

Would I ever marry someone who is devilishly delightful, whose enthralling charisma can melt the knees of even the most cold-hearted women, whose stunning visage competes with those of heaven's angels, and whose smile lights up a room as the rising sun lights up the horizon during an enchanting spring morning?

I'd be insane not to!!! In fact, if any of you know of a woman who meets such a glorious standard, please pass my phone number on to her!!!

My phone number is 1-800-HOT-STUD (I made my number a free 1-800 number because the opportunity of being with me is "priceless")

G

GreenNnice

Seoulsearch and Arwen, I'm afraid there will not be a battle between Zao and I regarding our ravaging good-lookingness, because as we both belong to the "Brotherhood of the Incredibly Hot", we took an oath to encourage each other in the advancement of our magnificent appearances. But never to compete.

Having said that.................. Would I want to marry someone like myself? Let me think!!!

Would I ever marry someone who is devilishly delightful, whose enthralling charisma can melt the knees of even the most cold-hearted women, whose stunning visage competes with those of heaven's angels, and whose smile lights up a room as the risinug sun lights up the horizon during an enchanting spring morning?

I'd be insane not to!!! In fact, if any of you know of a woman who meets such a glorious standard, please pass my phone number on to her!!!

My phone number is 1-800-HOT-STUD (I made my number a free 1-800 number because the opportunity of being with me is "priceless")
Smells like 'me spirit.' :D

Gotta song lyrics set for you, too, thirtysomething teen?

Dream on, dream on. DREAM ON, DREAM ON, D-D-DRE-E-EAM....!!! :)

AsifinPassing

Jul 13, 2010
No...yes...and maybe.

No:

1) Like you were getting at Steph, relationships (much like life) are about balance. Jullianna also mentioned it. Admiring where one another is strong, and being strong where they are weak. Relationships should make you both 'the better' for having, not 'the worse'.

2) There are several things about myself I don't necessarily like, and if I found someone just like myself, we might get on each others nerves. What's worse is that she'd be an INFJ, too, so we may be some of the closest people to literally knowing what the other is thinking/feeling (especially after longer periods of time spent getting to know the other), but also some of the farthest away from communicating that. For a marriage, this is catastrophic! (EX: I'm depressed, conflicted, and don't want to be around you right now...but out of courtesy and possibly love...I will act like I'm not, be the happy, fun, lover for you...and go die a little later.)

3) If she had cycles like mine or downfalls like mine...we'd only weaken our lives by re-enforcing our vices.

Yes:

1) If I were to change, with Christ's help overcoming my vices, and grow to become the well-balanced, well-rounded, Christ-centered human I strive to be, then absolutely! I've got my eyes set on Christ (with poor vision, but Jesus healed the blind, right? ~_^), and if I found an all around Godly woman with few flaws and a well-rounded everything... 0_0!!!!!!!!....where do I sign up?!?! :p

2) I'm from 'Fun Country' (flag-page reference), vasselate between being an introvert and extrovert, and while sticking strongly to my ideas, beliefs, and other traditions and tested, accepted things in my life, I get tired of things fairly quickly. Don't get me wrong...it depends on the situation. When is comes to people, I've been told I have the patience of a saint, but I don't want to eat the same thing for two meals in a row, let alone two days, or God-forbid weeks! (if that gives you an idea of what I mean) How is this under the 'yes' section? She'd be just like me, so I'd never have to worry about her understand. She could perfectly relate!

3) She would love about life everything I love about life!!! (Can I get an 'Amen'!!) Yes!!! That means my love of music and dream of having a husband/wive singing duet/band would come true! It would mean she loves God and people! It would mean she loves nature! It would mean all those little things (and the big ones...) I like in relationships would be what she likes too!!! I'm starting to see some potential here...!!! Not to mention others things...*cough* that would match in level of desire....

Maybe:

1) Would she be like I was, am, or will be? Those are all different people, and who knows if the me of the past could accept the me of today...

2) Will she change? What if we start out the same, but one turns for the better while the other for the worse?

3) Will being with me be a blessing, God-Ordained, and enjoyable situation, or would I simply be a way for her to stay stuck (or vice versa)?

Really, it all depends I guess...

Last edited:
D

djness

I guess the question was not DO YOU WANT TO but, WHY?

Its actually not because... I like doing stuff. I like going Skydiving. I like Driving fast. I like Traveling.... etc blah Blah blah. Nope. Loads of folks like that kind of stuff.

I'll use Mary and Martha as Examples of why I want someone who is more like me than not like me.

"There can be no Disappointment where there is not Deep Love." -M.L.K.

Mary and Martha when Lazarus dies have very different reactions with Jesus even though they say the same thing.

Jesus sees Martha and Martha says, "If you had been here, my brother would not have died." And then they talk about the Resurrection and the fact that She believes that He is Christ, son of the Living God. She is right.

However... Mary sees Jesus falls to his feet weeping and says, "Lord, if you had been here my Brother would not have died." Jesus sees her tears is Moved and He Weeps. She is Deep.

-----

There is also The obvious difference between Mary and Martha, When Mary is Worshiping the Lord and Martha starts a Theological debate with Jesus about how Mary isn't helping her with the Dishes.

Once again, Martha is "Right"-ish (Probably has to be Right all the time.) But Mary is Deep. Jesus shoots down Martha's "Rightness" in favor of the time He is spending with Mary.

Not everyone has the capacity to express how moved they are, to be open to everything both Happy and Sad. To spend quality time, simply in the moment enjoying the company of the people they love. To seek out and attempt to grasp the complexity and the intricate depth found within Love. To experience such mysteries not with their mind but, with their heart.

Some people would rather do dishes and pay bills and take life too seriously. They watch crime dramas and fulfill their duty to be a good citizen. They can't see the Forest for the Trees. They might enjoy art because its pretty, not because it actually imparts any greater meaning. If they study it is not for effect upon themselves, it is to be found correct.

There is more to life than doing what you are suppose to do or what you are told. I don't want to live with someone who doesn't feel it the way I do. If they don't get it, they probably won't get me. I will seem to them: illogical, impulsive, unconventional and irrational. I would rather sit in a coffee shop and talk all day with someone like me, than spend a day surfing, skiing, driving or fishing with someone who doesn't feel it the way I do.
Hmm....me stunted ability to express myself uninhibitedly ...rarely ever do anything by emotion...I guess I will have to build a mate out of bits copper wire.