wish i could just be my self...

• Thread starter timbo2computers
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Adrianv125

Jan 17, 2011
This is the process of Sin. It starts a thought, that causes an emotion, which then creates an attitude, that finally produces a behavior, and this behavior leads to Death, for the wages of Sin is Death. Brother if you've really believed in Jesus and know what he really did and all it took to do it, then he really has given you the power to eliminate your behavior, attitudes, emotions, and thoughts. But it is not you, it is Him that heals you. You must ask God to fully heal you from sin, because he is just and right to forgive us of our sin and cleanse us from all iniquity. Give your entire life in all dimensions to God, and trust me you will see Him at work in you!

T

timbo2computers

Brother if you've really believed in Jesus and know what he really did and all it took to do it, then he really has given you the power to eliminate your behavior, attitudes, emotions, and thoughts. But it is not you, it is Him that heals you.
LIES! god very very rarely "heals" people or i'd see it everyday. i do believe he can heal people but iv been praying to him for 7years! there needs to be a rehab or something for people like me.... i can stop falling in love with the same sex, and what makes is harder is that my friends are all supportive of me being gay. so i dont have any support to head in the right track.

But saying dont warry god will fix every thing is a copout!

A

Ash_JFF

Hey timbo2computers, please read my last post before this one, thanks.

Feb 24, 2011
LIES! god very very rarely "heals" people or i'd see it everyday. i do believe he can heal people but iv been praying to him for 7years! there needs to be a rehab or something for people like me.... i can stop falling in love with the same sex, and what makes is harder is that my friends are all supportive of me being gay. so i dont have any support to head in the right track.

But saying dont warry god will fix every thing is a copout!
Whatever you do, stay away from "corrective" therapy. For the most part, that just makes you associate masturbation and sex with electric shocks and usually makes you hate yourself.

Try going a different route.
Or just remain celibate.

T

timbo2computers

Hey timbo2computers, please read my last post before this one, thanks.
thanks hun! that was very encouraging

R

redu

I can't begin to imagine what you are going through....but I can perhaps compare the difficulty you are facing with my struggles with controlling the lust of my eye...

Most people wouldn't even think its a problem...even many christians I think don't fully acknowledge or take as serious the fact that lusting after someone with your eyes is a sin.

Matthew 5:28
"But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

I know at times when I am in situations where I am surrounded by a large number of attractive females, I feel like I have to almost just close my eyes or stare at the ground or ceiling the whole time to avoid sinning (I choose the latter...most times)...BUT

Your prolly thinking this is not even comparable...and it probably isn't but..
I'd say it's a serious struggle nonetheless, when a little while ago I virtually couldn't look at a friend of mine's wife because I knew if I had, I would've lusted after her because of how attractive she was...which for me is pretty sad...that I couldn't look at her too much simply because I had trained my eyes to almost automatically lust after attractive women...so its a struggle, and its my stuggle, but one I am and Will overcome by letting the Holy Spirit work through me....

some advice or a tip that has helped me and is helping greatly as I actively seek out a potential wife, is to really try and just see the people as people...

For guys I just view them as my brothers who are either walking with the lord, stumbling or lost

For girls, what's been helping is viewing them as my sisters, and i've found that by doing that, what I look for more and more and what attracts me are things connected to faith. Which leads me away from focusing on physical traits and things like that, that lead me to impure thoughts ---> lust--->sin--->death

And it's not worth it.... A life of giving into temptation and denying the Lord is not worth eternity in Hell!

Matthew 10:39
If you cling to your life, you will lose it; but if you give it up for me, you will find it.

It is not foolish to give up something you can never gain (your life, we all will die), to gain something you can never lose (salvation and eternity in heaven)

AND...when you finally conquer this battle, Imagine the message you will be able to preach to other people who are suffering the same or similar things...Your life will be a message to everyone...that any temptation or struggle(even one as difficult as orientation) can be overcome and will be if you have faith...

Be that message...

Ill pray for you

Stay strong

God Bless