Would you marry Jesus?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

CC_Bride

Would never marry Jesus himself even though we are all collectively called his 'bride'. But I think that love comes more from him than me since Im the imperfect one.

When that Da Vinci Code movie came out my non christian friends questioned me about the 'potential' marriage between Jesus and Mary (or anyone for that matter) and my response was this -

- Jesus was WAY too busy preparing to die. A guy who is preparing to die does not marry, because that would be selfish and cruel and Jesus was neither.
- Whoever married Jesus would have been a part of the most unequally yoked marriage in the history of the world. And if Jesus had allowed it, he would be a hypocrite which he was not.
- No woman likes to be wrong in arguments with her husband, and I bet Mary was a smart cookie and knew Jesus would win every argument because, well hes God lol.

But at the end of the day for us women, Jesus does provide us a model to look for in a man, and any man who is persuing to be like Jesus for the entirety of his life is a winner to any decent christian woman.

C

CC_Bride

This is personally what I think some women would have thought about Jesus in his time on this earth:

*He seems pretty popular, and he's got a lot of friends who suck up to him all the time. I don't even know why. Can't be for his looks. Maybe he's a good guy.
*Yeah, I know he's not great-looking, but he's a handy carpenter. He should start thinking about putting his trade to good use. Get a job, you know? I just don't get him. He had one, and then he quit it. I wonder if something wrong happened in his life. Or maybe he just needs to grow up. Who knows?
*He's always lounging around at his friends' and mooching off of them. Why doesn't he get a job and buy a house, work a plot of land, etc.? Totally a turn-off.
*He hangs out with the wrong crowd. Some of his closest friends are prostitutes. Definitely a red flag there.
*I hear he's a drunkard and a glutton. He just seems lazy to me.
*He always wants to talk but never wants to listen. I don't think it'd work. He comes off as a tad self-righteous. He's always trying to tell people what to do. He's always claiming to be this great guy and people just buy into it. Well, some of them...
*He seems confident sometimes, but I think it's all just for show. He must seriously have something wrong with himself. Maybe he's just an attention-whore. He never defends himself either. He stands up for other people, and he should do the same for himself. But I just don't get him sometimes. I think he just does it for the attention. Acts really weird to draw a crowd. Seems to be working so far. He's got plenty of friends who kiss up to him.
*Well, turns out he was blaspheming God, and they nailed him on it. I hate to say it, but if you live the wrong kind of life long enough you're eventually going to have to pay for it. I really wish things had changed for him, but he just never got it. What can I say?

I can't think of a single woman who would think even one of those thoughts. I have female relatives who are athiest and wouldn't even say that.
Back then a man would never dream of treating women as an equal friend, or teach them theology, or hang out with prostitutes and adulterous women and gently rebuke and love them. The bible is very clear on what women thought of Jesus, the entire Gospel of Luke focuses some of its details on that fact and all of it was very positive.

What is the whole point of this post? Did you personally experience some negative feedback from women and now believe their all man hating condemners? Because that is far from helpful nor true.

Last edited:

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
I can't think of a single woman who would think even one of those thoughts. I have female relatives who are athiest and wouldn't even say that.
Back then a man would never dream of treating women as an equal friend, or teach them theology, or hang out with prostitutes and adulterous women and gently rebuke and love them. The bible is very clear on what women thought of Jesus, the entire Gospel of Luke focuses some of its details on that fact and all of it was very positive.

What is the whole point of this post? Did you personally experience some negative feedback from women and now believe their all man hating condemners? Because that is far from helpful nor true.
I just think misunderstandings come easily. To a lot of Jews Jesus was just another man. If you heard about some guy by word-of-mouth who 1. didn't have a job, 2. hung out with prostitutes, 3. was rumored to be a drunk and a glutton, 4. didn't even have his own house in spite of being physically able to have a job, 5. called himself God and 6. considered his teaching so wise that he rebuked the leading theologians of the time (e.g. Billy Graham, for instance) then what would you think of this man?

Believe it or not, but my first post here was not only aimed at women but at everyone and it could be taken in an accusatory tone or an uplifting one. Its uplifting message was that Jesus knows the pain of those who are down-trodden and can relate to them. It was also to show that misunderstandings happen all of the time among people, but that we shouldn't think we know someone just because we hear about them or spend a few days, weeks or even months with them. Some people, like Jesus, can fall into a special category of person that defies our common preconceptions of most human beings.

The reason I run with the common thread of women is that it would be difficult to ask the question, "Would you men marry Jesus?" as hopefully most of us would say, "No." Even though we're all married to Jesus right now and will spend eternity looking into that plain face of his, I wanted to draw a correlation between extraordinary (not ordinary; yes, this includes you crazies out there, those who swim against the flow) human beings and Jesus. If you want there can be an adendum which supposes, "If Jesus were female and only human and..." I, myself, would probably not marry him/her. Too many friends in my opinion. Not enough time. Hangs out with the wrong crowd, thinks s/he knows everything. But s/he would certainly draw my interest. I might try to talk to her/him.

I think a lot of us would be telling our children never to talk to him because he's a wolf in sheep's clothing. Our perspectives would be very different, and so I can sympathize with those Jews who weren't easily swayed to become Christians. Where we see God they saw another man. If it weren't for his miracles only a great few would have believed in him.

So I offer this thread to expand our minds, to reflect on who people really are. Even though Jesus was one of the simplest-looking men on the outside he was one of the most profound on the inside.

J

Jullianna

This is personally what I think some women would have thought about Jesus in his time on this earth:

*He seems pretty popular, and he's got a lot of friends who suck up to him all the time. I don't even know why. Can't be for his looks. Maybe he's a good guy.
*Yeah, I know he's not great-looking, but he's a handy carpenter. He should start thinking about putting his trade to good use. Get a job, you know? I just don't get him. He had one, and then he quit it. I wonder if something wrong happened in his life. Or maybe he just needs to grow up. Who knows?
*He's always lounging around at his friends' and mooching off of them. Why doesn't he get a job and buy a house, work a plot of land, etc.? Totally a turn-off.
*He hangs out with the wrong crowd. Some of his closest friends are prostitutes. Definitely a red flag there.
*I hear he's a drunkard and a glutton. He just seems lazy to me.
*He always wants to talk but never wants to listen. I don't think it'd work. He comes off as a tad self-righteous. He's always trying to tell people what to do. He's always claiming to be this great guy and people just buy into it. Well, some of them...
*He seems confident sometimes, but I think it's all just for show. He must seriously have something wrong with himself. Maybe he's just an attention-whore. He never defends himself either. He stands up for other people, and he should do the same for himself. But I just don't get him sometimes. I think he just does it for the attention. Acts really weird to draw a crowd. Seems to be working so far. He's got plenty of friends who kiss up to him.
*Well, turns out he was blaspheming God, and they nailed him on it. I hate to say it, but if you live the wrong kind of life long enough you're eventually going to have to pay for it. I really wish things had changed for him, but he just never got it. What can I say?
I wish I could say that I don't know any women who would say things like this, but I know plenty of them...unfortunately....

Aug 2, 2009
All in all, it didn't matter too much how handsome Jesus was because Jesus was a ROCKSTAR!!! Girls love rockstars.

Nattmaran

Banned [Reason: ongoing "gay Christian" agenda and
Mar 31, 2012
Are you kidding?
Long hair, beard and divine powers! I would marry him in a second!

Nov 18, 2013
i would but he would make life boring yelling you cant do this and you cant do that allday

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
MusicTester, this thread is 4 years old, the OP hasn't been online since 2014. :/ We like to discourage people from pulling zombie threads forward. It clogs up the forums, pushes more relevant threads down the page, and the mods don't like it.

C

coby2

i would but he would make life boring yelling you cant do this and you cant do that allday
Yeah better marry a guy who couldn't care less If I cheat on him.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
best life ever in peace and all yep but I wouldnt do iit anyway

H

HisHolly

Why not delete old ones then if it's frowned upon? Makes no sense to leave them then say, oh don't pull them back up nobody really likes it