Do the non-elect have free-will?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Thanks for the reminder of truth, God simply loves us all to believe, no matter what adversities happen here on earth to us. Here is a short while, eternity given is forever in thanksgiving and praise
“If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory. Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry: for which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience: in the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them. But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. Lie not one to another,

seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; and have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him: where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭3:1, 3-13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Those who are not of the elect go to hell.
“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;

but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

that covers every creature in the world

“the elect “

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life:

and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”
‭‭John‬ ‭3:36‬ ‭

Dec 18, 2023
“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;

but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

that covers every creature in the world

“the elect “

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life:

and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”
‭‭John‬ ‭3:36‬ ‭
He that believeth on the son living in them will have eternal life 😊

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
We find ourselves able to believe by accepting the grace to believe in Jesus correctly. Simple. :)
This is a fine example of what is referred to as 'cognitive dissonance'.

You cannot accept grace when, according to you and several others, you do not believe and are basically given no choice but to believe

I do understand this fact is observable only at a high altitude where this dissonance cannot occur as it has been replaced with truth

What you actually stated, was that YOU must accept God's grace.

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
Luke 13:3
No, I say to you: but unless you shall do penance, you shall all likewise perish.

This term penance is commonly used among Roman Catholics in particular, but not only among Roman Catholics. There are other Christian traditions that have this concept of penance and kind of have their own variation on it. These include Orthodox believers, Anglicans, Lutherans as well as some other groups that have their own ideas of penance. But in the Roman Catholic idea, penance is what the confessing priest assigns you to do after you confess, to demonstrate your repentance. You go into the confessional, you confess your sins to the priest – and he says in return, okay, this is your penance. Commonly would be something like this: “Say 5 Our Fathers and 10 Hail Marys or something like that. I can remember as a boy, being raised a nominal Roman Catholic, going into the confessional and having the priest give me an assignment – and it could very well be something like that. Then I would go inside the church proper, and of kneel down on the steps leading up to the platform of the altar. Then I would say my 5 Our Fathers and 10 Hail Marys, and that was my penance. The priest could also assign other things to be one’s penance. More here

note: I'm not endorsing the author of that article...I just though the explanation accurate and simple enough for easy understanding

selahsays

May 31, 2023
No, not necessarily. Why do you think Christians (the Elect) evangelize? Why are the Elect called a royal priesthood?
…as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby, Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious, you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

- 1 Peter 2:2,4-5

selahsays

May 31, 2023
You use your free-will to post on "Christian Chat".
The term “free will” actually refers to whether or not you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.

MerSee

Jan 13, 2024
1714080343602.png
Matthew 3:2
And saying: Do penance: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Dec 18, 2023
The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done

This means the life that is in the unsaved are told to repent inwardly,

Genez

Oct 12, 2017

Are they not his elect because He chose them sovereignly for hell?

Or? Only those whom He knows will choose to believe, are His elect?

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
The Elect were chosen. Those with free will have the freedom to choose JESUS.
Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth;

I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street. A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth. He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭42:1-4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened, and the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭3:21-22‬ ‭

Jesus is the elect and those in him

“Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

….For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:16, 27, 29‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body;( body of Christ the elect holy annd dearly beloved son of God ) and be ye thankful.

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭3:12-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

selahsays

May 31, 2023
Are they not his elect because He chose them sovereignly for hell?

Or? Only those whom He knows will choose to believe, are His elect?
Or? Only those whom He knew before the foundation of the world who chose Him then, God elected?

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Something to posture

His life in the unsaved that he has under the power of his death in his life in the unsaved , accepts the new seed 😊 when he says so

Thank you for the scripture blessings
Welcome glad it was a blessing to you
(God by Son going to that cross for us all, has said so, first death to reconcile us all to himself, then risen to give new life to all that will not deny God). As said by Son in John 19:30 it is finished. What is finished?
The fulfillment of the Law, the Ten perfectly done commands, as was to be done, that was misused, abused and not understood correctly.

The first four Laws is Love to Father of includes Son, the last six are loving our neighbor (everyone else) as God by Son loved us so much he went to death in our deserved place. To save us in his risen life, given us by belief to Father and Son that will not stop. Such as in the book of Job reveals to me at least. This is a miraculous gift that goes through tragedies first. Will you deny God? I do not see you ever doing that, and others also, those sticking it out, I say do not quit please to eventually see through the veil thank you.
Remembering what satan said to God in Chapter 1 of Job. Think this might be the focus for us all to go through also. My standing in belief to God no matter what troubles happen is proof to God, one seriously believes in God. Not that God needs this. Yet it is what it is. Satan got permission to test the people, not just Job
Is how I am seeing this truth play out in me and has and can still, thanking God in everything bad or good that happens to me, a short while here on earth compared to eternity, I take eternity of in belief to God just loves us all, died once willingly for all to choose to believe God and stick to that as if glued, not of work, of belief to the done work of Son Jesus for all. (1 John 2:1-4) Then one begins to do new and takes no credit to the self in doing it, thank you

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
In case your wondering @homwardbound the power of death is in his life.

So therefore there is still life in the unsaved 😊

Thankyou
First born with the Knowledge of good (God) and evil. Having the free choice to choose what is right over wrong. to learn from many mistakes made to see Father does know best

Jeremiah 29:11

Authorized (King James) Version

11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Dec 18, 2023
First born with the Knowledge of good (God) and evil. Having the free choice to choose what is right over wrong. to learn from many mistakes made to see Father does know best

Jeremiah 29:11

Authorized (King James) Version

11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Ok So question

How can the power off death be in people life's without any life there 😀