I have a question

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

peaceman

Nov 1, 2013
First i am glad to know your full details,,
how old are you?
how many people are living in your family?
where are you living now?
if you give answer ,, i may give some biblical advise to you

May 22, 2024
what if your father is an abuser, and you really suffer by his side.. should you leave and never return, or should you accept the way he treats you and be obedient to God? ( respect and obey your parents)
I am a pharmasist assistant and daily I deal with children in such situations, and I want to help them according to what God asks of us, but in this case, I dont know what to say or how to help
There are two questions here.
What to do if you are subject to abuse?
And
What to do if you suspect that children you encounter are being abused?

In the first case one should seek advice/help and go to the police.

In the second case, if its as a result of your work one needs to check the employers rules/protocol for reporting suspected child abuse.
If at church, again, what is the procedure in that church for dealing with suspected child abuse.

This raises the question does your employer or your church have a procedure for reporting child abuse/bullying /inappropriate sexual comments etc etc etc.

May 25, 2024
Hello. I have a question, but I dont know who to ask, so I am asking you. God asks of us to be obedient to our parents, and to be submissive. But what if your father is an abuser, and you really suffer by his side.. should you leave and never return, or should you accept the way he treats you and be obedient to God? ( respect and obey your parents)

Thank you for your question. It is one many have asked over the years. An the answer is found in God's Word. Exodus 20:12 states, "Honor thy father and mother..."
We have supposed this means we are to respect and obey them but we should take care when we alter the meaning of the words in the Bible.
If one was to respect the ungodly actions of another then you would not be honoring their name. Respecting dishonorable actions dishonors you and the person. Furthermore, if a greedy banker was to give out loans for homes that he knew the borrower could not pay and he ordered you to help him to this because you worked foe him then you would be acting outside of God's will by oppressing the poor and obeying him would dishonor you and him.
The only way a person can honor another is to hold them to God's Word and honor them as they live in accordance to it. This means that if a parent is abusing their child then the honorable thing is to seek corrective action, whether or not this comes in the form of rebuke, correction, instruction, or seeking justice through the church or law depends on the situation and the people involved. However the situation is addressed, it is important to understand that wrong behaviors and actions must be corrected if said person can be honorable.
Having said this, it is important to remember that in addressing the situation dishonor is not given unto the person acting dishonorable. We must speak the truth in love and follow through to see justice is found for the innocent involved, but seeing that none are without sin and all have been created in the image of God, let us act accordingly and show respect and love as we seek to ensure the needed corrective measures are taken to keep children safe.

May 12, 2016
Hello. I have a question, but I dont know who to ask, so I am asking you. God asks of us to be obedient to our parents, and to be submissive. But what if your father is an abuser, and you really suffer by his side.. should you leave and never return, or should you accept the way he treats you and be obedient to God? ( respect and obey your parents)
I am a pharmasist assistant and daily I deal with children in such situations, and I want to help them according to what God asks of us, but in this case, I dont know what to say or how to help. Please help me with an answer and if you can, explain on what you base your answer. Thank you in advance. God bless you.
Interesting question, this is well thought out. As if a test, I never liked tests. If one is “abused” then by nature one knows what is right and what is wrong. To judge fairly on this matter clarity on what that abuse is would be needed. If you know what an abuser is and what is right and wrong making the accusation of abuse, then why the question?

I have a question too, if a Father seeks to provide guidance and discipline a child. Does that child understand what is disciple and guidance out of love? Or from that child’s perspective are they being abused?

Never the less, It is written, whoever causes one of these little ones to sins. It would be better if he had not been born. That is for children.

If you are an adult, it is written you will pray for those who persecute you, abuse you and use you.

A brother in Christ