Hello

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

discipulus

Mar 21, 2024
Hello everyone and thank you for the opportunity. I have a particularly difficult time focusing and learning from reading the bible alone. I look forward to learning and growing as a Christian and a person.

Cold

Apr 18, 2024
Welcome! I also struggle with focusing on learning anything from reading. When I was younger, I developed something that I have no name for, where I can't remember things I read so I just stopped reading any books for years unless it was for school work .I got a lot of bad grades in school because I couldn't remember anything in the books I was supposed to read/study. Multiple choice questions on tests are the only reason I barely passed my grades lol.

I've noticed lately that I'm slightly better at remembering things I have read in the bible now that God is my main focus in life. I still can't remember stuff like the average person can, but it's a lot better than it was before. Focusing while reading is still a struggle, but while reading the bible I decided that whenever I got distracted that I would backtrack to right before my mind wandered and force myself to read from that point again. It's a slow go, but it seems to be beneficial in terms of remembering things better. I also pray before reading that God will help me remember things and to help me understand His word better while I read, then if my mind wanders while reading, I pray again before starting over and then go on.

Perhaps you should should pray before and during reading the bible like I do. It might be just what you need to start learning from His word.

discipulus

Mar 21, 2024
Welcome! I also struggle with focusing on learning anything from reading. When I was younger, I developed something that I have no name for, where I can't remember things I read so I just stopped reading any books for years unless it was for school work .I got a lot of bad grades in school because I couldn't remember anything in the books I was supposed to read/study. Multiple choice questions on tests are the only reason I barely passed my grades lol.

I've noticed lately that I'm slightly better at remembering things I have read in the bible now that God is my main focus in life. I still can't remember stuff like the average person can, but it's a lot better than it was before. Focusing while reading is still a struggle, but while reading the bible I decided that whenever I got distracted that I would backtrack to right before my mind wandered and force myself to read from that point again. It's a slow go, but it seems to be beneficial in terms of remembering things better. I also pray before reading that God will help me remember things and to help me understand His word better while I read, then if my mind wanders while reading, I pray again before starting over and then go on.

Perhaps you should should pray before and during reading the bible like I do. It might be just what you need to start learning from His word.
That's a welcome suggestion, Cold. It seems so simple, yet it's something that hasn't occurred to me. If nothing else, an added conversation with God never hurts. Appreciated; that's why I'm here!

Cold

Apr 18, 2024
That's a welcome suggestion, Cold. It seems so simple, yet it's something that hasn't occurred to me. If nothing else, an added conversation with God never hurts. Appreciated; that's why I'm here!
That was my thoughts as well when I started reading the bible again not long ago. God can do anything, so why don't I just ask Him to help me remember and understand it, rather than relying on myself and hoping for the best.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
R (6) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg 2764 (1).png

"Inspiration from God's wisdom has great influence for those that
are spiritual alive."

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Hi discipulus, welcome to CC, nice to have you joining us! Hope you find many Threads you'll want to chime in on. God bless & keep you🙏!

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023

here is a tip for all that struggle with learning. eat blueberries, fish & spinach. they all are proven brain foods. but to get maximum effect, forsake white sugar & white flour!