Recent content by bytheblood

  1. B

    What if repentance is not about feeling guilty, regretful or ashamed? How do you define repentance?

    I'm answering what was said, that Christians should follow the Mosaic Law. Not one writer of the New Testament scriptures, that I have read, states this. I never said that the Mosaic Law was abolished, but, as the Bible states, the enmity was. The law, or handwriting of ordinances, was fulfilled...
  2. B

    Do All Religions Lead To God?

    I never implied that one experience with the Holy Spirit replaced the other. The initial experience with the Holy Spirit is the indwelling, at the heart belief and mouth confession of Jesus Christ as Savior. We receive the SPIRIT OF THE SON; " And because you are sons, God has sent forth the...
  3. B

    Do All Religions Lead To God?

    In the Acts 8:12-18 scripture the Spirit hadn't " fallen UPON " them which is the second dimension of the Holy Spirit, the enduement of power that Jesus said would occur when the Holy Spirit comes " upon you" in Acts 1:8. Again, in Acts 19:1-6 " And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the...
  4. B

    Do All Religions Lead To God?

    Bad analogy but here goes, say you are thirsty and you have a glass with some water in it but you know that you need more than that to slake your thirst. To do what is needed, you fill the glass full of water to do what it is purposed for. When I received Jesus as my Lord and Savior I received...
  5. B

    What if repentance is not about feeling guilty, regretful or ashamed? How do you define repentance?

    1) It was considered "works" when Jesus healed on the Sabbath. 2) Jesus never said that stoning the woman was against Mosaic law, as a matter of fact, if one had been sinless it would have been legal. Instead of answering your oft convoluted answers, which I can, I'll just let you try, and fail...
  6. B

    Do All Religions Lead To God?

    Jesus in John 20:21-22 had ALREADY departed to the Father( " Jesus saith unto her, touch Me not: for I am not yet ascended to My Father: but go to My brethren, and say unto them, I ASCEND UNTO MY FATHER, and your Father; and to My God, and your God." John 20:17) and returned. Notice in this...
  7. B

    What if repentance is not about feeling guilty, regretful or ashamed? How do you define repentance?

    Didn't Jesus heal on the sabbath? Wasn't that against the Mosaic Law? Wasn't it in the Mosaic law that if caught in adultery you had to be stoned to death? Yet Jesus saved a woman who had been caught in the very act of adultery. Jesus wasn't teaching those who believe in Him to follow the Mosaic...
  8. B

    What if repentance is not about feeling guilty, regretful or ashamed? How do you define repentance?

    " Finally my brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, THINK ON THESE THINGS. Those things...
  9. B

    Do All Religions Lead To God?

    The indwelling and the coming upon of the Holy Spirit, again, are different in that the indwelling is permanent and the coming upon is temporary. Let me ask you this question, Have you received the Holy Spirit? Do you, as those Gentiles in Acts 10:43-48, speak in tongues? Jesus, after His...
  10. B

    Do All Religions Lead To God?

    Where I perceive the difference is is that there are, or can be, two experiences involving the Holy Spirit, the indwelling and the coming upon. The indwelling, IMHO, occurs at the heart belief and mouth confession of the Lord Jesus and that God has raised Him from the dead and we are THEN...
  11. B

    Do All Religions Lead To God?

    P.S. Except if you have not received salvation BEFORE being baptized means you just got wet.
  12. B

    Do All Religions Lead To God?

    No, unless they are born AGAIN they cannot enter the kingdom of God, which was Jesus' message to Nicodemus. You state what the BELIEVERS did, how would one know what they believed unless they had confessed their belief in Jesus? THEN they repented and were water baptized in the name of Jesus...
  13. B

    Do All Religions Lead To God?

    " ... and be FILLED with the Holy Spirit." When I received the Holy Spirit at my confession of Jesus the Christ as my Lord and Savior I was "indwelt" by the Holy Spirit but not yet filled. I was filled with the Holy Spirit when I was baptized in the Holy Spirit ( by Jesus ) AFTER receiving...
  14. B

    What if repentance is not about feeling guilty, regretful or ashamed? How do you define repentance?

    The inner voice I hear is my own. There is no Charlton Heston voice as God or Snidely Whiplash voice as Satan I hear. I can only recognize His voice, through mine, by the Word. There have been occasions where I have missed it, but, I believe, God knows that I thought it was Him and sends a...
  15. B

    What if repentance is not about feeling guilty, regretful or ashamed? How do you define repentance?

    " To him the porter openeth; and the sheep HEAR HIS VOICE: and He calleth His own sheep by name, and leadeth them out." John 10:3. If you are His sheep you can hear His voice.