Recent content by celras

  1. celras

    Why Are So Many Christians Still Single?

    I’m sorry you are going through such a painful situation. I think what you wrote highlights something very important: there is a difference between simply saying that we believe in Jesus and allowing our faith to shape the way we live, love, speak and treat our spouse. None of us is perfect, of...
  2. celras

    Why Are So Many Christians Still Single?

    I’m sorry you are going through such a painful situation. I think what you wrote highlights something very important: there is a difference between simply saying that we believe in Jesus and allowing our faith to shape the way we live, love, speak and treat our spouse. None of us is perfect...
  3. celras

    Why Are So Many Christians Still Single?

    Great comment.
  4. celras

    Should Christians Use Dating Apps?

    There’s a growing sense that people are simply tired of dating apps. What was once seen as an exciting way to meet new people has, for many, become a source of frustration, disappointment and emotional exhaustion. The promise was simple: more choice, more opportunities, more chances to find...
  5. celras

    Self-care advice

    Thank you for your kind words! It's great to have you here, and I hope you'll enjoy being part of the discussions. There really do seem to be some thoughtful and caring people on this forum. It's clear you've spent many years learning about nutrition and natural approaches to health, and I...
  6. celras

    Self-care advice

    Thank you for sharing a little about yourself. It sounds like you've learned a lot about how certain foods affect your body, even if it's sometimes hard to resist those cravings. I think many of us can relate to that. It's also great that you enjoy cooking and have stayed active with dancing...
  7. celras

    Self-care advice

    Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and all this information. I really appreciate it, especially because it comes from your own personal journey. I'm sorry to hear about the health challenges you've faced over the years, but it's encouraging that you've found an approach that...
  8. celras

    Can a Christian marry someone they are not physically attracted to if they are spiritually compatible?

    I'm not sure I'd go quite that far. Paul certainly speaks highly of singleness in 1 Corinthians 7, but he also presents it as a gift that not everyone has (v. 7). His point doesn't seem to be that a person should remain single as long as they can control their sexual desires. Also, I think we...
  9. celras

    Should Christians Use Dating Apps?

    I've never been married, so I know my understanding comes more from Scripture than from personal experience. But the more I read the Bible, the more I see marriage as a sacred covenant rather than simply a romantic relationship. Like you, I also recognize that God calls some people to remain...
  10. celras

    Should Christians Use Dating Apps?

    That's a fair point, and it's good to be aware of the context. At the same time, I think the discussion is still worthwhile. Whether someone chooses to use a dating site or not, the more important question is how we approach relationships. A dating platform can introduce two people, but it...
  11. celras

    Self-care advice

    Here are a few things that have worked well for many people: * Anti-inflammatory diet: Focus on whole foods—vegetables, berries, leafy greens, beans, nuts, olive oil, fatty fish (like salmon or sardines), and whole grains. Try to reduce ultra-processed foods, sugary drinks, and excessive...
  12. celras

    Self-care advice

    Here are a few things that have worked well for many people: * Anti-inflammatory diet: Focus on whole foods—vegetables, berries, leafy greens, beans, nuts, olive oil, fatty fish (like salmon or sardines), and whole grains. - Try to reduce ultra-processed foods, sugary drinks, and excessive...
  13. celras

    Should Christians Use Dating Apps?

    Misunderstanding can create a distance that isn't measured in miles but in hearts. Two people can be sitting next to each other and still feel completely alone if they stop truly listening to one another. I also love what you said: "When you truly love someone, for them to hurt is for you to...
  14. celras

    Should Christians Use Dating Apps?

    Amen to that. I think you're right—many conflicts grow, not because the issue itself is so important, but because pride, misunderstanding, or hurt feelings are allowed to take over. Sometimes a gentle word, a sincere apology, or simply stopping to pray together can prevent a small disagreement...
  15. celras

    Should Christians Use Dating Apps?

    I really like your example of a couple stopping to hold hands and pray. It's such a simple gesture, yet it completely changes the focus. Instead of trying to win an argument, both people are reminded that they're on the same team and that Christ is the center of their marriage. I also...