Recent content by DavidLamb

  1. DavidLamb

    How do preachers or teachers explain this?

    If any local church (Baptist or any kind of church) is seeking to base all its teaching and practices, including the calling of pastors and other elders, on God's word, then it will seek to appoint pastors and elders on the basis of the qualifications given in the Bible, including Ephesians 4:11...
  2. DavidLamb

    How do preachers or teachers explain this?

    Each local Baptist church is autonomous - there is no central Baptist authority telling each church how to organise itself. Therefore, the process for appointing a pastor will vary from church to church. All the Baptist churches of which I have been a member have sought to apply the biblical...
  3. DavidLamb

    Messiah Christ Anointed Hebrew Greek English

    Well, I certainly don't want to irritate you, so to avoid doing that, I will leave this thread, at least for the moment.
  4. DavidLamb

    Messiah Christ Anointed Hebrew Greek English

    I agree with you that John did not baptise with the Holy Spirit. No mere man can baptise another man with the Holy Spirit. So if water baptism is not the baptism of the Holy Spirit, why do you insist that Jesus was anointed at His water baptism? I agree that God the Father anointed His Son...
  5. DavidLamb

    Messiah Christ Anointed Hebrew Greek English

    I know that Scripture. It is in Acts 2. Here it is in context: Act 2:31 he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption. Act 2:32 This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses. Act 2:33...
  6. DavidLamb

    Messiah Christ Anointed Hebrew Greek English

    I don't really understand that. I would just say that the Bible does not teach that Jesus was in God's Son, but that Jesus Christ is God's Son. Do you mean the time when Jesus went to the synagogue in Nazareth? Luke says: Luk 4:17 And He was handed the book of the prophet Isaiah. And when He...
  7. DavidLamb

    Messiah Christ Anointed Hebrew Greek English

    But the Bible doesn't call the baptism an anointing. Agreed. The baptism of Jesus was not a coronation. Yes, agreed. That doesn't mean the Jesus Christ became God's Son at His baptism. When He was 12 years old, He said to Mary and Joseph who had found Him in the temple, "Did you not know...
  8. DavidLamb

    How do preachers or teachers explain this?

    What additives? Yes, but Jesus doesn't accuse the man of lying. You still seem to be confusing lies with mistakes. I don't try to change the subject on these threads either, and I certainly don't try to draw attention to myself.
  9. DavidLamb

    How do we testify to this word of the Lord?

    Yes, I agree that "Jesus" is a name and "Christ" is a title. (I assume you meant "flesh", not "flash"). His body did not decay. He rose from the dead. When the women, and Peter and John, went to His tomb, there was not decaying body there: Luk 24:1 Now on the first day of the week, very...
  10. DavidLamb

    Messiah Christ Anointed Hebrew Greek English

    Where is it written that Jesus was baptized in order to be anointed? Here is Matthew's account of the baptism: NKJV Mat 3:13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him. Mat 3:14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to...
  11. DavidLamb

    How do preachers or teachers explain this?

    Please explain, whatever is a caramel mine? A hole in the ground where people dig for toffees?
  12. DavidLamb

    How do preachers or teachers explain this?

    I would say that the man wasn't lying when he called Jesus "good." He seems not to have realised the full implications of calling Him good, that if He is truly good, He is God. The man was mistaken, but that doesn't mean he was lying. If a child at school spells a word wrongly, or gets the...
  13. DavidLamb

    How do preachers or teachers explain this?

    What are you saying that I am uncertain about? I cannot be certain that every Baptist pastor or preacher is called by God, because firstly, I don't know every Baptist pastor or teacher, and secondly, some that I have met are obviously not teaching God's word. For example, one Baptist pastor...
  14. DavidLamb

    Messiah Christ Anointed Hebrew Greek English

    Why no Trinity? John tells us that the Word was with God, and the Word was God. Later he writes that the Word became flesh and dwelt among them (the disciples), so "the Word" clearly refers to Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit is also God, as Peter makes clear when speaking to Ananias, he equates...
  15. DavidLamb

    How do preachers or teachers explain this?

    But God's word says, not that all men, including Christians are liars, but that the Psalmist said in his haste that they were: Psa 116:11 I said in my haste, "All men are liars." Lying is a common sin, but it is not God Who said, "All men are liars"; it was the Psalmist speaking in haste.