Recent content by Davidstarr

  1. Davidstarr

    A Case for Not Reading The Bible Literally

    No, you still don't get it. I'm saying Phil 1:22-24 is talking about continuing to live a life of sin. Paul is showing a desire to depart from that sinful life in order to minister to God's people. The fact that the bible shows there is no sentient non-corporal being that exists after the body...
  2. Davidstarr

    A Case for Not Reading The Bible Literally

    I'm sure you can understand that the Greek word "sarx" in Phil 1:22 & 24 does not mean just "in the flesh" as in living in an earthly body, but also means living in accordance with the lust of the flesh. Which puts doubt as to whether or not Paul is talking about death in 1:23. Obviously there...
  3. Davidstarr

    A Case for Not Reading The Bible Literally

    Now you wish to run around in circles. Just rephrase the same statements in different ways. Either it is true what the bible says that death is perpetual sleep in the dust, no thoughts, no knowledge, no emotions, cannot praise God, etc. Or it is not true. Any supposed evidence of a conscious...
  4. Davidstarr

    Future sins

    If the person did not know it was wrong but found out later, then he should repent. Change his lifestyle in accordance with God's will. If he already knew it was wrong and continues in that sinful lifestyle then he is obviously not a born again Christian.
  5. Davidstarr

    A Case for Not Reading The Bible Literally

    I have already shown the bible tells us there is no "conscious presence" after dead except until a resurrection. So obviously the understanding of what II Cor 5:8 is actually saying is incorrect.
  6. Davidstarr

    A Case for Not Reading The Bible Literally

    I gave the texts that there is no conscience state when dead. You just refuse to see this. It's a classic case of rejecting some scriptures so you can make-believe what other texts are saying. No point arguing with me about it. It's the bible you are arguing against. Are your personal beliefs...
  7. Davidstarr

    I made a new bible translation and ask for feedback

    So you believe it is the beliefs of fallible human beings that are NOT omniscient are sufficient to determine which scriptures are true and which are false. I think you should a closer look at that pedestal....
  8. Davidstarr

    Elihu, Saint or Satan?

    Job 2:3 "And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without...
  9. Davidstarr

    I made a new bible translation and ask for feedback

    So who gets to decide which books (or chapters, or verses) in the bible are false? Which ones are true? Only the ones you agree with can be true? Only the ones you disagree with are false? You are on a high pedestal my friend. I hope you don't fall off.
  10. Davidstarr

    A Case for Not Reading The Bible Literally

    This is why I cited I Cor 5:3 and Col 2:5 as explaining II Cor 5:8. Because obviously redefining II Cor 5:8 goes against what the bible says about the dead being in a state of perpetual sleep, having no thoughts, no emotions, no knowledge, no wisdom and cannot praise God. Jesus even told His...
  11. Davidstarr

    A Case for Not Reading The Bible Literally

    Plenty of passages in scripture shows the dead are in a state of: Perpetual sleep, do not awake - Jer 51:57 Have no thoughts - Psa 146:4 Have no emotions, no knowledge, no wisdom - Ecc 9:5-6 & 10 Cannot praise God - Isa 33:18 King David has yet to ascend into heaven - Acts 2:29&34 Paul knew he...
  12. Davidstarr

    How old is our world? A biblical timeline.

    Heb 4:12 also "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."
  13. Davidstarr

    A Case for Not Reading The Bible Literally

    As I posted above your redefinition goes against what the bible plainly says about the state of the dead.
  14. Davidstarr

    Elihu, Saint or Satan?

    I will not answer your question either.
  15. Davidstarr

    A Case for Not Reading The Bible Literally

    I Cor 5:3 and Col 2:5 explains what II Cor 5:8 means: "For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed," "For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding...