Recent content by decipher

  1. D

    Are you a monergist or a synergist?

    And that is all I wanted. On post #13 you chose synergist. On post #14 I thanked you for choosing, but you chose to continue on post#15 and that forced me to respond. Again, thank you for responding by choosing. It's obvious that you are set in what you believe and no amount of scripture to the...
  2. D

    Are you a monergist or a synergist?

    Please post scriptures that will refute what the above scriptures obviously state.
  3. D

    Are you a monergist or a synergist?

    Since you were not able to give me scripture to support synergism, I'll present some that support monergism. Ephesians 1: 4-5 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in Love: Having predestinated us unto the...
  4. D

    Are you a monergist or a synergist?

    Thanks David. I just think that it's such an important question that it poses as a dividing line or a fork on the road where one road is broad and headed to damnation and the other narrow leading to salvation. "No flesh will glory in His presence" can only mean one thing: no one can say that...
  5. D

    Are you a monergist or a synergist?

    3. The Order of Salvation: Life Precedes Action One of the core tenets of monergism is that regeneration precedes faith. The Sequence in the Tomb: Lazarus did not walk out of the tomb in order to become alive; he had to be made alive before he could walk out. His movement ("coming forth") was...
  6. D

    Are you a monergist or a synergist?

    2. The Nature of the Call: The Efficacious Word When Jesus stands before the tomb, He does not offer a tentative suggestion, ask for Lazarus's permission, or wait for Lazarus to exercise his free will. Instead, He speaks with sovereign, creative authority: "Lazarus come forth" (John 11: 43) An...
  7. D

    Are you a monergist or a synergist?

    I'm trying to figure out why Christians are not responding to my request. I'm going to add another choice to my choices. monergist=4, synergist=2, not sure=0 For those that are unsure, here is some information that might help you to decide. The resurrection of Lazarus in John 11 serves as one...
  8. D

    Are you a monergist or a synergist?

    Thank you rogerg. That makes it monergist= 4 and synergist= 2
  9. D

    Are you a monergist or a synergist?

    So far it's monergist= 3 and synergist= 2. Thank you for those who participated. Let's continue. Remember, you don't have to comment on your choice.
  10. D

    Are you a monergist or a synergist?

    I just find it hard to believe that an all-knowing God would offer His gift to someone and it being rejected. The gift that He offers is repentance for sins committed. That was Jesus' first sermon, to call sinners to repentance. This repentance leads one to turn to God for forgiveness. The...
  11. D

    Are you a monergist or a synergist?

    Romans 9: 15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. Are you saying that God does not have that right? Romans 3: 23 For all have sinned, and come short of the Glory of God. God's justice demands that all...
  12. D

    Are you a monergist or a synergist?

    It's amazing to me that a simple belief that God does it all has been labeled tulipist, demeaning and insulting God's omnilove (whatever that is) and justness, and heresy. You sound like someone from the 4th century when they used to be judgemental unto death. I asked that you just choose...
  13. D

    How do preachers or teachers explain this?

    John 14: 10-11 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? The words that I speak unto you, I speak not of myself; but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me; or else believe me for the very works' sake...
  14. D

    Are you a monergist or a synergist?

    Thank you for responding. That makes it monergists=3 and synergists=1 As one Christian to another, please respond. Be brave and assert your belief.
  15. D

    Are you a monergist or a synergist?

    Synergists believe that God offers His grace of salvation to everyone, but the individual has to accept His grace with his free will. In otherwords, the glory for one's salvation goes to a combination of both God and the individual who accepts His grace.