Recent content by Deuteronomy

  1. Deuteronomy

    First post, basic questions

    Our editing time here is 5 minutes, period. The preview button is something that can be helpful, but if you still miss something and need to edit a post, the only way to do so is to write another post, explaining that something needed to be edited in your previous post but that time was up...
  2. Deuteronomy

    Heeeyyy!!

    Hello @Squeegy, welcome to CChat 👋:giggle: I'm glad that you found us and joined in the discussions with us! God bless you!! ~Deuteronomy 1 Thessalonians 5 23 May the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the...
  3. Deuteronomy

    Elihu, Saint or Satan?

    One last thing, while I agree that Job was not suffering because he was a sinner (this is, in point of fact, one of the most important things that we learn from the Book of Job, yes? .. a point that was clearly lost on the Scribes, Pharisees, and even the Lord's disciples, in the 1st Century ...
  4. Deuteronomy

    Elihu, Saint or Satan?

    Hello again Christopher, I apologize for replying to the opening of your last post (to me) w/o reading through the rest of it first. While I disagree with your assessment of why Elihu is angry with Job (because I believe that the LSB is actually saying the very same thing that all of the other...
  5. Deuteronomy

    Elihu, Saint or Satan?

    Also, here are a number of our translations and paraphrases, and I must say that the LSB (which I use and HIGHLY regard as excellent) stands alone/seems to say something else in v2 than all of the rest of our translations and/or paraphrases do (if you go to the link at the bottom, you will find...
  6. Deuteronomy

    Elihu, Saint or Satan?

    Hello Christopher, if what you say (and what the LSB at least appears to be saying in v2) is true, then why did Elihu's anger burn against Job :unsure: Thanks! God bless you!! ~Deuteronomy
  7. Deuteronomy

    Greetings fam!

    Hello @Eden26, welcome to CChat 👋:) I'm glad that you found us & joined in the discussions with us :giggle: God bless you!! ~Deuteronomy 1 Thessalonians 5 23 May the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete...
  8. Deuteronomy

    A Case for Not Reading The Bible Literally

    Hello Bible Student78, I've never seen or heard of such a "requirement" (before I read your OP today, that is). So, please link us to some examples of these requirements (that are found in all of our denominations and/or churches) so that we can, 1. see what you're talking about and then, 2...
  9. Deuteronomy

    Testing the waters...

    Hello @HeirConditioned, welcome to CChat 👋:) I'm glad that you found us and joined in the discussions with us! I haven't read any of your posts (other than this one), so I can't comment about any of them, but I'm sorry that you've been given a bit of a rough ride since you've been here (it's...
  10. Deuteronomy

    First post, basic questions

    Hello Perpetual Seeker, first off, since I see that you are a new member, welcome to CChat 👋:) Here are a couple of resources for you to consider, for starters anyway (the following sites and the main documentary/movie from the Is Genesis History? site give evidence for a Young Earth Creation...
  11. Deuteronomy

    Testing the Waters

    Hello Robin (@RWRiley), welcome to CChat 👋:) I'm glad that you found us and joined in the discussions with us 😊 God bless you!! ~Deuteronomy 1 Thessalonians 5 23 May the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete...
  12. Deuteronomy

    OSAS, When does salvation take place?

    Hello again Scooter, I agree with you about believers being justified and saved by Him (as well as receiving eternal life from Him) on this side of the grave, and so does the Bible :) The only rub that I can see in what you believe is this, how can we be justified/saved and granted eternal life...
  13. Deuteronomy

    The man in Genesis 3 versus Cain in chapter 4.

    Hello ZuluKono, I'm have trouble understanding what you are getting at because I don't understand why someone would want to "substitute" Cain for Adam or Adam for Cain :unsure: Both are sinners, but Adam was the first and only man who was wholly created by God (and that w/o a fallen nature...
  14. Deuteronomy

    OSAS, When does salvation take place?

    Hello Scooter, I don't think that's true, but assuming that you are correct, on what basis, then, does God forgive us :unsure: Another, similar, question is this, why does the Lord Jesus need to redeem us in order to save us :unsure: Finally, I suppose that I should also ask you this, do you...
  15. Deuteronomy

    Elihu, Saint or Satan?

    Hello again tttallison, oddly, all of the teaching and sermons that I've heard over the years, and as far as I can recollect, all of the commentaries that I've studied, have many more negative things to say about Job's (older/three) "comforters" than they do about any of the things that Elihu...