Missions work is a huge commitment but very rewarding. I've helped out with local outreach before and it really changes your perspective on things. You should definitely look into short-term trips first to see where you fit best.
The idea is that grace covers everything, but that doesn't mean it's a license to just do whatever. I've always viewed it as a reason to try harder out of gratitude, not an excuse to slack off.
I was looking through some older posts and saw this from a while back. Dealing with those feelings of guilt takes time, and spiritual growth doesn't always erase the mental weight immediately. You should focus on finding a community that understands how to bridge that gap between faith and...
Politicians usually focus more on land and resources than theology. It’s hard to see how wanting to take over another territory fits into any traditional church teachings about peace. Most people just ignore that part.