Recent content by GodFoundMe

  1. GodFoundMe

    Thoughts on Christian parody songs?

    Thanks for replying. Wow, I love your NOT Chasing Cars parody lol I have heard some Beatles songs but not Yellow Submarine. I used to listen to Chasing Cars though, love your Jesus version. Thanks for sharing :)
  2. GodFoundMe

    Where should I be looking for groups that might be more attractive to the 20s and 30s crowd?

    My church is about to have a church carnival that sounds fun, but I'm not sure if I'll be going yet. I will see if other members of my small group are going or maybe invite a friend from another church. I'm introverted and could go check it out by myself and get some food, but I don't think I'd...
  3. GodFoundMe

    Standing in the Gap...Where's the Courage

    Yes, and if we're not part of the solution we're often part of the problem. Like the bystander effect, with more people present people often do not help in an emergency because they believe someone else will. However, if everyone thinks like that then nobody will be the one to stand up and help...
  4. GodFoundMe

    Church Community

    Just heard a sermon about needing church community. Christian community is good and we're blessed if we have a good church to attend. However, what about those that have no access to a physical church or those that even if they do it's hard to find community? In some countries it is due to...
  5. GodFoundMe

    Thoughts on Christian parody songs?

    I just saw a video calling out this Christian parody video. I watched it, but I didn't find it disrespectful... What are your thoughts on Christian parody songs? Personally, I enjoy them. As long as they're not rude or mocking and making fun of God/Jesus, aren't they more of a compliment to Him...
  6. GodFoundMe

    God's Love Language

    I recently discovered the 5 love languages book and took the quiz so this post caught my eye lol Wow, I never thought of it that way but yes that makes a lot of sense. If you love me, keep my commandments. That's what God said about himself. And it's not like that's His only characteristic. Be...
  7. GodFoundMe

    God's Love Language

    God is the initiator and we respond. He loved us first. Jesus died for us while we were still sinners. All of us. For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son... Faith comes by hearing. The gospel is God's and his Word will not return void. We can respond to His love by choosing...
  8. GodFoundMe

    Attitudes toward drinking

    Sorry, just logged in and saw this. You’re very welcome :) Yes, you’re right. Seeing as we are all still sinners in need of a Savior, it’s no wonder sometimes people seem to respond “in the flesh” instead of “in the Spirit.” I was surprised to hear about all the division within Christians when...
  9. GodFoundMe

    Your thoughts on friendships with non-Christians?

    So sorry, just logging in and seeing this now. I’m sorry you’ve lost contact with her. Is it just that they aren’t responding? If they have the same social media or phone number then maybe it’s just a question of showing unconditional love and support to them? Letting them know that they’re not...
  10. GodFoundMe

    Your thoughts on friendships with non-Christians?

    I’d agree with Johari and try to reach out to them, especially to the one you’re worried about. If they answer, at least you’d know they’re alive. You can try to reach out even if it’s one-sided, but if you have no luck with any then we’re to shake the dust off our feet if we’re not welcome. I’d...
  11. GodFoundMe

    Attitudes toward drinking

    I see you’re relatively new Tararose. I don’t know but if you’re generalizing perhaps you’ve had some previous negative experiences on here? Don’t take it personally. Not everybody on the site is Christian and some people may be having a bad day or a bad time in general, we don’t know. Though...
  12. GodFoundMe

    Yoga is Dangerous to Christianity

    The Jewish ceremonial laws were meant to distinguish God’s people Israel from the other nations such as circumcision which Christians no longer have to keep. Jesus said he came to fulfill the law, not abolish it. God never wanted the Israelites to follow the pagan practices because they were...
  13. GodFoundMe

    Yoga is Dangerous to Christianity

    Thanks for chiming in RemnantRD :) Exactly, God said not to learn the ways of the Gentiles and yoga was created to worship Hindu gods and yoke your soul with Brahman. Even Hindu teachers say the spiritual Hindu beliefs cannot be separated from the physical poses. Like you, I’d also suggest doing...
  14. GodFoundMe

    Yoga is Dangerous to Christianity

    Okay, interesting. Thank you for clarifying. I think I see how you’re thinking of it. I still see the spiritual connected to the physical though. Yes, we do wrestle against darkness and spiritual wickedness etc. And yes, the Holy Spirit is the one that caused Paul to fall, be blind, and get...
  15. GodFoundMe

    Yoga is Dangerous to Christianity

    I’m not sure how you came to the conclusion that the Bible distinguishes between the unseen spirit realm and the material world. It seems connected to me when we read about how we wrestle not against physical flesh and blood but against spiritual powers of darkness (Ephesians 6:12), when Paul...