Recent content by Grigor1860

  1. G

    Applying God's Word to Politics

    Unfortunately, within a democracy, it is voting for who is most morally correct and a viable candidate. Else there’s not much point in voting, except for one’s own satisfaction. Within the current political climate in the UK, it seems to me pathetic to be constantly voting for people on the...
  2. G

    Applying God's Word to Politics

    I should add, sound in terms of his professed positions. There are, of course, ongoing investigations, of which I was saddened to hear.
  3. G

    Applying God's Word to Politics

    Thank you for your message and words of encouragement. I won’t get into the political weeds — I could lecture on the topic, at this point — but Nigel Farage and Reform UK are not the answer sadly. And I’m not on the political Left either. Of the main personnel of Reform, most of whom I dislike...
  4. G

    Applying God's Word to Politics

    It depends on national political context. My own country is highly secularised, and politics here is well beyond saving for this reason (also corruption and other problems naturally associated with godlessness). I have disengaged from politics completely for these very reasons. To many people...
  5. G

    Are You Brave Enough to Post a Picture of Yourself?

    Not a great photo (indeed, it is an extract from another photo), nor a particularly recent one; but it’s all I have :ROFL:
  6. G

    Why Are So Many Christians Still Single?

    As with any other minority population, it is looking for a spouse within a strata, further complicated by local and regional demographic characteristics (e.g., areas with large student populations or higher average ages).
  7. G

    Having a non-Christian best friend

    Thank you for your considered response! She was baptised I believe, but is firmly atheistic. I’ve never pushed her on it, as she is evidently set in her ways (I’ve always adhered to the idea of trying to set a good example, rather than confronting). You discern correctly my dilemma about...
  8. G

    Having a non-Christian best friend

    Yes; this is the approach I take too - to hold firm on matters of principle.
  9. G

    Having a non-Christian best friend

    I do spend the majority of time with my male friends already; she and I have always been explicitly non-romantic, so there’s no attraction there on either part. My worry, principally, was whether or not such differences are tolerable, not that one of us might get funny ideas about the other, as...
  10. G

    Having a non-Christian best friend

    Hello, I know this isn’t strictly family-related, but we are very close. I’d like to hear some both moral and religious perspectives on the suitability of being best friends with, and spending time with, a non-Christian. My best friend is a relatively moral person, but we differ radically on...
  11. G

    How/where does one find a Christian wife? (UK)

    That’s my general attitude too, to accomplish as much as I can otherwise. Thanks Lynx!
  12. G

    How/where does one find a Christian wife? (UK)

    These are a lot of good tips! It’s just a matter of getting on the social ladder I suppose, as you rightly suggest. From there, hopefully good things will follow, beyond the spiritual fulfilment derived from doing good.
  13. G

    How/where does one find a Christian wife? (UK)

    I shall pray, as you suggest. Thank you.
  14. G

    How/where does one find a Christian wife? (UK)

    To elaborate slightly on my reply to Lynx, since I was about 18 I felt a draw back to faith, that only truly strengthened - forgive me, it is not something I can articulate precisely - at the start of this year. I felt it entirely natural and logical to accept God again, in that period...
  15. G

    How/where does one find a Christian wife? (UK)

    Thank you kindly for the tips, which I have taken mental note of, but I meant my question more locationally i.e. how and where in terms of places to go (physically and virtually). Sorry for being unclear.