Recent content by Headinghome

  1. H

    Is cessation an observation or theology?

    I know I am replying here rather late, but here goes. I am glad you experienced the power of the Holy Spirit in your life. That is awesome. I am asking you to be honest with yourself and ask yourself if you are at all bitter or unforgiving toward people regarding this. We have all come in...
  2. H

    Small group members/leaders

    May I add one more? Six He must be spiritually battle hardened. Our enemy is looking for someone to take down, and if you do not recognize the enemy's devices and tricks, there is a chance to fail. I have seen this in action in real time. I asked a man to facilitate a meeting with me, he...
  3. H

    Christian Teachers Need Self-Reflection

    Well said, Fellow Traveler, I agree whole heartedly!
  4. H

    SO MANY FALSE PASTORS TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!

    Yup, I hear you loud and clear. Could that be either they are unteachable or is it more pride. I too have confronted a pastor (I have no degree) about an issue and was told "if you don't like it here, feel free to leave."
  5. H

    SO MANY FALSE PASTORS TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!

    Man is fallible, we are finite in our thinking and understanding. We DO need to know God's word...well. We need also to check the man in the pulpit's work when it comes to the scripture and his understanding of it. I also think it appropriate to take him aside privately and ask if something...
  6. H

    can you guys post something funny please?

    HAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
  7. H

    Can English translations be trusted with regards to John Chapter 3?

    Hi friend, Good point there. You show much maturity looking at the original language. That is the key to our whole understanding of His word. Remember, English is a very "subjective" language, whereas Greek is much more precise. Your being able to trust the English translation? Of course...