Recent content by Hini

  1. H

    My mother is leaning into witchcraft

    I'll take the time to look into this. Thank you for the guidance.
  2. H

    My mother is leaning into witchcraft

    I will definitely seek this more consciously. Thank you. She's in a very vulnerable spot right now. Thankfully, we've talked through a bit of her troubles and her shifting mindset since the diagnosis so it isn't a topic that is taboo for us to open conversation about. I will need God's guidance...
  3. H

    My mother is leaning into witchcraft

    She does vaguely but definitely not why or the scripture for it. I've prayed that the Lord will show me how to naturally bring this up with her. Thank you for the verse. Bless you.
  4. H

    Advices for a (sad) sentimental topic

    I can relate on a painful level about being so introverted that it takes me years to process emotions. I have feelings for someone for 4 whole years and still going strong. Brother, reading your story I get the feeling that you have a very pure heart towards romance and love and it is a good...
  5. H

    My mother is leaning into witchcraft

    I share a library account with my mother and I saw a book discussing ancient rituals and meditations to help 'reconnect with nature and those around you'. I'm quite dismissive of these things but the book is literally called The witch of the forest's guide to natural magick. This isn't...
  6. H

    Scared to date

    That's a real test of trust. Thank you for sharing your experience. I sometimes wonder if my inability to date after being saved was mostly due to my excessive suspicion of those that have come on to me (namely men come on to me, and my dating experience has been 90% women) and that I was...
  7. H

    Scared to date

    You’re definitely free to shoot me a private message 👍👍 only share what you’re comfortable. Your words have been already a great help to me.
  8. H

    Scared to date

    I personally wanted to give a piece of scripture that gave me some clarity about my original post: 1 Corinthians 7:25-35 It’s strange how I know this chapter so well and yet it completely slipped my mind to apply it to my own situation like this. It doesn’t answer my worries necessarily, but...
  9. H

    Scared to date

    I must say. When you mentioned accepting difficult things easier than happy things, that really opened a new path of thinking for me. I do a lot of self searching so this thread of people suggesting things to question myself has been so helpful and encouraging. But my goodness that really hit...
  10. H

    Scared to date

    I’ve heard of this approach before and it’s always intrigued me. I understand it in concept but in practice I struggle to let my relationship with God satisfy every desire I have for other relationships. Thank you for reminding me, though. Being able to have God as my One and Only is definitely...
  11. H

    Scared to date

    Thank you for sharing this. I relate on what you say about being the second choice - I still struggle with this too. Marriage is not all life is and you seem to know that very well. Jesus is the only one we can trust to treat us right. To trust another human being on such an intimate level is a...
  12. H

    Scared to date

    I agree completely. It’s truly strange how I would never think of another person as unworthy if they went through the same thing as I, and yet I struggle to treat myself the same.
  13. H

    Scared to date

    To keep it brief: I used to be non-binary and dated whoever confessed to me regardless of gender. Gave my life to Christ, and personally realised I had to give up the identity I built and restarted as a woman again. I had a preference for dating women all my life so I doubted I could love men...
  14. H

    Grateful for this space

    I appreciate this guidance. I’ll try to take hold of them and rebuke them properly when I have one next time. God bless you.
  15. H

    Grateful for this space

    I find myself swarmed with impulsive, negative thoughts when left to my devices. I joined this website with the intention to fill my mind with prayer and concern for others so that there is less room for my mind to be selfish and mean. Thank you for having me.