Recent content by Inquisitor

  1. I

    What if repentance is not about feeling guilty, regretful or ashamed? How do you define repentance?

    The life we live in Jesus Christ is not a rule book of over 600 rules that Israel received. The Mt Sinai covenant was the old covenant which the Israelites agreed to obey (Exodus 24). Jesus placed us in a new covenant through His sacrifice on the cross, a covenant of grace. Agape love towards...
  2. I

    His Understanding is Arithmetical

    Arithmomania: A specific expression of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) where individuals feel a compulsive need to count objects, calculate numbers, or perform mental math operations, often driven by anxiety or a need for symmetry. [1]
  3. I

    Loss of salvation???

    There is no refutation of the gifts and ministries of the Holy Spirit in the scripture. You must reach into church tradition to refute the gifts and ministries of the Holy Spirit.
  4. I

    Loss of salvation???

    Why does one extreme church in the Pentecostal world get so much attention? I have seen that church mentioned every time someone mentions the scripture; 1 Corinthians 12,13,14. Gifts, ministries of the Holy Spirit, then Oneness Pentecostal?
  5. I

    What folks have learned via CC discussions:

    You stated that you were raised in a Baptist church. I never knew how diverse the Baptist church really was and I even attended a Baptist church, for a short time many years ago. On CF I had to adjust to how many folk mentioned membership of the Baptist church but believed in different...
  6. I

    THE LAW OF CHRIST

    God is love! The character trait that was above everything else ever written in the scripture. Colossians 3:14 And beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity.
  7. I

    looking for help reconciling the Sabbath with common observation?

    You misunderstand what I said. The law (Exodus 20) is void and so are the ordinances. The blood covenant based on the Book of the Covenant is void. Does that mean you can murder or even think the thought? Of course not. Why? Because God wrote agape love into our hearts and that love...
  8. I

    looking for help reconciling the Sabbath with common observation?

    If one law or letter of the law is void then the entire law is void. Jesus said. Matthew 5;18 For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass away from the Law, until all is accomplished. The fulfillment of the law must occur before even...
  9. I

    looking for help reconciling the Sabbath with common observation?

    Why did you say that "Moses wrote the ceremonial law"? That's not what the text states (Exodus 24). Here is the text below. Exodus 24:3-4 When Moses came and told the people all the words and ordinances of the LORD, they all responded with one voice: “All the words that the LORD has spoken...
  10. I

    looking for help reconciling the Sabbath with common observation?

    Moses wrote the original Book of the Covenant in version one (Exodus 24). In version two of the Book of the same Covenant the upgrade was stone tablets and an Ark of the Covenant (Exodus 34). Whether God spoke the ten words and Moses wrote them it makes no difference as it's the same ten...
  11. I

    looking for help reconciling the Sabbath with common observation?

    If one law in the Mt Sinai covenant is void then all the law is void.
  12. I

    looking for help reconciling the Sabbath with common observation?

    You make a valid point, and looking strictly at the text of Scripture, your distinction is well-founded. The Bible does not treat kidnapping as simple property theft or murder, nor does it compress all moral failures into just ten bullet points. 1. Kidnapping as a Unique, Separate Offence You...
  13. I

    looking for help reconciling the Sabbath with common observation?

    You said that the death penalty did not apply to ceremonial law. Here is what AI has to say about the absence of the death penalty in the ceremonial law. While theologians usually classify kidnapping as a civil/moral crime and sexual offenses as moral/purity laws rather than strictly...