Recent content by Philos

  1. P

    The Reason Believers Are ABANDONING Churches NOW

    As a Christian apologist and having studied Mormonism for over 20 years as well as having many Mormon friends and being involved in formal debates with Mormons, my best advice to you in witnessing to Mormons is to know exactly what they believe and why they believe before trying to convert them...
  2. P

    The Reason Believers Are ABANDONING Churches NOW

    If you don't want to watch a 37 minute video that is extremely impactful on the evangelical church in America then summarizing would also be a waste of my time and would obviously accomplish nothing since my time is as valuable as yours. Thank you for your response.
  3. P

    The Reason Believers Are ABANDONING Churches NOW

    The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is currently hemorrhaging believers for several reasons. The predominant reason is that they are discovering the truth about the foundations of their church especially their founder and prophet Joseph Smith for two reasons. First, the meticulous...
  4. P

    A question posited concerning The Great Commission

    Thank you for your input Brian. The feeling that I got as to the gist of Mike's question was: As scripture, pastors and church leaders tell us what we need to do or what we are supposed to do, the body in general is asking okay but how do we do it? Who is supposed to train us and provide...
  5. P

    A question posited concerning The Great Commission

    At a recent apologetics conference a question was posited to me concerning the Great Commission. since the conference was not recorded the question that was asked of me I can only paraphrase as I ask the same question to this body. In regards to the Great Commission; concerning the process of...
  6. P

    Hell's Population Clock

    As I think about what Scripture says about that magical number God has set as a trigger for Christ's return, I truly believe that number is based upon the number of saved souls who will spend eternity in God's presence. Obviously, a greater majority have chosen not to spend eternity with God...
  7. P

    Hell's Population Clock

    Just as Jesus' death and resurrection are an expiation of my personal sins and a guarantee of eternal life in the presence of our Creator God; He will still bear the scars that will always remind me of what He has done for me.
  8. P

    . Apathy in the church regarding abortion

    Since it appears no one wants to discuss this issue or provide a solution to fix this problem and have decided to make this a personal attack on me personally Concerning my involvement; for this one time only I will go down this rabbit hole. It's amazing to me how such a serious issue gets such...
  9. P

    . Apathy in the church regarding abortion

    "I don't understand how you reached this conclusion" You assume that this is just my personal conclusion and not the conclusion of many others which reflects a lack of knowledge and research as it pertains to this thesis. Before I conclude this post I will show that the conclusion is so obvious...
  10. P

    . Apathy in the church regarding abortion

    In the late 1930s and early 1940s Nazi Germany was persecuting and implementing a genocidal plan to exterminate the Jewish race. Their modus operandi, with the help of Joseph Gobbels propaganda machine, postulated that the root cause of Germany's problems was being caused by a subhuman race they...
  11. P

    What % of church goers tithe?

    Where in scripture does it specifically state that tithing is only money? God has equipped every member of the body with spiritual gifts that He expects us to use in the edification and maturation of the Saints. Most churches want extra monies to hire additional personnel or to purchase...
  12. P

    What % of church goers tithe?

    Where in scripture does it specifically state that tithing is only money? God has equipped every member of the body with spiritual gifts that He expects us to use in the edification and maturation of the Saints. Most churches want extra monies to hire additional personnel or to purchase...
  13. P

    Pastoral requirements

    Alleged? I suspect, I wonder and I bet. First let me say that it is very presumptuous of you to respond to verifiable facts that obviously you are not aware of, to use the word alleged. I do not post anything without first doing my research and verifying the facts. Nothing I said in my post was...
  14. P

    Hell's Population Clock

    Where in scripture does it say that as soon as one dies they are put in hell prior to judgement?