Recent content by PotofSoup

  1. P

    More about Israel.

    Revelation 21 directly contradicts the idea that the earth being destroyed. John writes, “I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away.” The word kainos (“new”) means renewed in quality, not replaced. And the verb ἀπέρχομαι (“passed away”) means...
  2. P

    More about Israel.

    My perspective isn’t “outdated”; it’s simply older in the sense that it reflects how the apostles themselves understood God’s promises. What you’re describing developed later within Gentile Christian theology, and it doesn’t reflect the original Jewish‑apostolic framework. If our final hope is...
  3. P

    More about Israel.

    Thank you for taking the time to respond. I appreciate the thought you’ve put into your view. However, I do want to gently point out that the questions I raised earlier still remain unanswered. What you’ve offered here seems more like a restatement of your position rather than an engagement with...
  4. P

    More about Israel.

    Hello again, I want to speak to you gently but plainly, You are building your entire argument on distant future events — the passing away of the present earth, the new creation, and the heavenly Jerusalem. But those events are far beyond our horizon, and Scripture itself warns us that such...
  5. P

    More about Israel.

    Okay, so just to be clear, are you saying that the promise of the land of Canaan to the people of Israel has been fulfilled during the time of David and Solomon, so now it is not their land anymore? Now the land promised to Israel does not belong any longer to the Jews, but rather anyone who...
  6. P

    More about Israel.

    Yes, Jesus is definitely the author and finisher of our faith. In fact, He is the one who gave the Abrahamic Covenant to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and his descendants. Curious though, when you say the entire Greater Israel belongs to those who repent in Jesus, are you referring to a spiritual...
  7. P

    More about Israel.

    Beekeeper, I appreciate the spirit behind your questions. They show you’re genuinely trying to understand how God’s promises work, and that’s something I deeply respect. Let me slow the conversation down a bit and speak to the heart of the issue. When people describe the Abrahamic covenant as...
  8. P

    More about Israel.

    Hello. If you are referring to the Abrahamic covenant. The Abrahamic covenant itself is not the mechanism of salvation as I have already stated previously. It contains the promise of the Messiah, but it does not confer salvation. Remember, this covenant is unconditional.
  9. P

    More about Israel.

  10. P

    More about Israel.

    It is true, and you are correct, that one of the promises within the Abrahamic covenant relates to salvation through Jesus, the promised Seed. Thank you for highlighting that. But even this promise to Jacob’s descendants is not conditional. The Jewish people do not have to meet any requirement...
  11. P

    More about Israel.

    It may sound like a predestination argument—if that’s what you’re referring to—but that’s not really what is happening here. In Romans 2, Paul is not discussing predestination unto salvation, and the cases of Ishmael and Esau have nothing to do with salvation either. As I mentioned earlier...
  12. P

    More about Israel.

    Hi again Beekeeper, You misunderstood the context, when I said, "not every physical descendant of Abraham automatically receives the covenant promises". You originally said that not all of Abrahams descendants are chosen. I agree in that Ishmael and Esau Abrahams descendants, and that they were...
  13. P

    More about Israel.

    Serious biblical scholarship—across Jewish, Christian, and secular academic fields—affirms that the Jewish people remain under the Abrahamic covenant. To deny this is not only historically and textually unsupported, but it also dismisses centuries of rigorous study and contradicts the many...
  14. P

    More about Israel.

    Interesting, it sounds like your position is that Jews are bound only to the Sinai covenant and not the Abrahamic covenant. And because Israel broke the Sinai covenant, you conclude they are no longer God’s covenant people. Under that framework, “Jews” today would exist in various disconnected...
  15. P

    More about Israel.

    Hi Beekeeper, can you please explain what you mean by old covenant Israel? If I understand your mindset, then perhaps I can answer your questions more concisely. Thanks.