Recent content by rewriter

  1. R

    Applying God's Word to Politics

    Well in many of these cases there is a possible option C, but polarization works against that. But also, neither party holds exclusively to point A or pont B, both parties flip-flop back and forth between the options.
  2. R

    Testing the Waters

    Oh, I am fully convinced that the Pastorals are Pauline. I date them to after Nero's death. I maintain that Paul was exiled by Nero to Spain and pardoned by either Galba or Otho, allowing him to travel again and write. Vitellius would likely have rearrested Paul if he had the time to spare...
  3. R

    I made a new bible translation and ask for feedback

    The Greek grammar is vague in the Colossian passage. Depending on what one decides is the subject, among different options and what is the object, and similar vague points, the verse can greatly change in meaning.
  4. R

    Apologetics: witnessing to atheists

    As I said, point one is widely, but clearly not universally accepted, the common approach to discredit it violates rules of logic. On point 2, scripture tells us that humanity was created in the image/likeness of God. This suggests a qualitative difference between humanity and the rest of...
  5. R

    Testing the Waters

    Thank you for your translation. My studies suggest that it was used to describe scriptures or sacred writings, but that it also carried connotations that might not have been desirable in the late 60's or early 70's, the time frame in which I would date 2 Timothy, and thus would have been...
  6. R

    I made a new bible translation and ask for feedback

    I trust that you have studied the Septuagint enough to recognize that in places it differs with the Hebrew Masoretic text? In fact it is one of three variant texts for the OT which all contain some differences, most, from my studies, appear in the Torah, but some do pop up throughout the...
  7. R

    Testing the Waters

    Hi RWRiley, I admit to being a little slow to welcome you, but I like your approach. I have extensively studied the Pauline's, and I will happily defend them all as authentic, but my dating differs from what is common. I will look for your discussion in the Bible Forum. And I would ask if...
  8. R

    Man imputed Jesus with sin on the cross, not God.

    Now be king. U had a parakeet that talked. For a day or two before it fully learned a new phrase it would spout gibberish, then suddenly come out with a perfect phrase. Some humans just never get past the gibberish phrase. They learn one thing and then force everything else to fit around it...
  9. R

    Apologetics: witnessing to atheists

    Your point one is one of the three traditional "proofs of God" and logically sound. Point two becomes more questionable. language is widespread among various creatures, moral consciousness seems present in many species and God consciousness is impossible to affirm or deny outside of humanity as...
  10. R

    Man imputed Jesus with sin on the cross, not God.

    Where did the notion that the death of one person may benefit the relationship between another person and God arise from? Without that concept already existing somewhere it is hard to understand how the concept that Jesus's death compensated for the sin of other people arose from. But if one...
  11. R

    Applying God's Word to Politics

    I am so glad you know so much based on so little information. The individual I referenced has not received any money for her speaking engagements, so it is hard to see where she is earning a little "filthy lucre", but you with your great insights, must know better. Likewise, you know so well...
  12. R

    Applying God's Word to Politics

    Scripture tells us that ALL sin is an abomination. Scripture also tells us that ALL people sin, believers are not exempted. Thus, to identify a single example of sin as being worse than any other, including those that are committed by those who claim to walk by the spirit, are contradicting...
  13. R

    Applying God's Word to Politics

    Scripture also says that y9ou will be judged by the standards you use. Many actions are considered sinful; do you avoid them all or are you going to find out the hard way? You deem people outside of salvation because of something considered sinful, so that is your standard, remember ALL sin...
  14. R

    Hey

    Welcome Maryyy2, glad to have you here. Ask if you are confused about things, lots of people are here who will try to help.
  15. R

    Hi all

    Welcome Mike