Recent content by SecondHandHippie

  1. SecondHandHippie

    Windows Microsoft Christian Chat App?

    Hello! I can't seem to find the app, even though it says it is compatible with Windows, Does anyone know where to find it? Thank you!
  2. SecondHandHippie

    PTSD Episode in Church Today

    Church was extremely triggering for me today, and I’ve needed to have a good cry the whole day (but had six other people, besides my kids, at my house all day). The pastor was preaching that only death can end a marriage, and that divorce for any reason was sin (he doesn’t believe adultery is a...
  3. SecondHandHippie

    “Covenant Marriage” trend

    What is really concerning is that you think there are parts of the bible that are “mistakes” and should be ignored.
  4. SecondHandHippie

    “Covenant Marriage” trend

    See, people who believe in the “covenant marriage only broken through death” and “second or third marriages are not valid” thing can’t back it up with scripture, so what they say on the topic is invalid. Only God’s word matters.
  5. SecondHandHippie

    “Covenant Marriage” trend

    Then why are there exceptions given for when divorce IS permissible in the bible? Did God make a mistake when writing His Word?
  6. SecondHandHippie

    “Covenant Marriage” trend

    It’s NEVER too late to start over and ask forgiveness, as long as we are trying hard to resist temptation. Sometimes we fall, but that’s what God’s grace is for. We’re ALL damaged goods, that’s why grace is so amazing.
  7. SecondHandHippie

    “Covenant Marriage” trend

    Actually, the apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians says marriage is not a necessity either as long as you strive to please God in singlehood and remain sexually pure.
  8. SecondHandHippie

    “Covenant Marriage” trend

    I have heard a few opinions in the church from people that a second marriage is not valid in the eyes of God if your first husband is still alive (“covenant marriage” believers do not consider anything besides death valid to break up a marriage, and even reject adultery, or an unbelieving spouse...
  9. SecondHandHippie

    I’m a Selfish Little Brat

    Oh, poor me! Oh, poor me! How my body grunts and creaks. I wallow in self pity, Dab the tear drops from my cheeks. Oh, poor me! How I suffer! How the cares that cramp my style, Form a wrinkle down my forehead, Train my lips to never smile. Oh, poor me! Oh, poor me! All the things that could go...
  10. SecondHandHippie

    The Suicidal Christian

    Someone needs to hear this tonight. ❤️ I am going to bare my heart and hold nothing back because God has used my life stories to help others time and time again. As with everyone else who had to endure this, the four months of isolation were hard for me. I am an extreme extrovert to a fault...
  11. SecondHandHippie

    I’m Falling to Pieces

    The help I’m looking for is peace in my soul, and other sisters in Christ who will come along side me and just be a friend in these difficult times.
  12. SecondHandHippie

    IPhone anyone?

    That’s horrific, especially right now when we need people most.
  13. SecondHandHippie

    Pray for a COVID 19 Vaccine to be made available ASAP!

    Reported. This is definitely NOT a prayer request.
  14. SecondHandHippie

    I’m Falling to Pieces

    *I am a single mom of four *Three of my children have severe life-threatening disabilities *One of my children is on hospice *My daughter who is on hospice just shared that her ex step dad has been molesting she and her brother for years *We are now working with three state agencies to try to...
  15. SecondHandHippie

    IPhone anyone?

    I need an iPhone app. 😭