Recent content by SilverBigBack

  1. SilverBigBack

    Trusting God when everything is going downhill?

    Brother, you bring joy with your humor 😂 and now you have gone from sounding like modern Paul to modern John Bunyan! Ah and I regret to inform you... "Lynx..." That curiosity killed the cat!
  2. SilverBigBack

    Trusting God when everything is going downhill?

    Hello again, Snackers, and thanks again for your characteristic thoughtfulness. I rejoice that you made peace with God and were able to move on to fully committing to Him. I have tried for hours before I came on night shift tonight to write things out, but I could not convey the situation...
  3. SilverBigBack

    Trusting God when everything is going downhill?

    Thank you. I am eager to reach the place of which you speak, where I am happy even in suffering, like Paul. I am perhaps more eager to leave this world- but there is work to do and God has given us charge to do it. I appreciate the encouragement. God bless.
  4. SilverBigBack

    Trusting God when everything is going downhill?

    Thank you for these words. One thing I cannot say to God is that he does not care; and posts like this one are proof of that. I want to express more than my gratitude, however. I'm sorry that your dream of getting married and having children did not come to fruition. That is very sad. Many...
  5. SilverBigBack

    Trusting God when everything is going downhill?

    Thank you again for your hard-hitting and based encouragement. That quote in particular struck me.
  6. SilverBigBack

    Trusting God when everything is going downhill?

    Forgive my disappearance; the days are busy as well as hard, and I was not aware of more replies from you fine people. I want to say that I deeply appreciate it.
  7. SilverBigBack

    Trusting God when everything is going downhill?

    Sir, I thank you for the great work you went to with this reply, especially with your quotes and references to scripture. Now that is a real ointment on my wounds! You are right, with Lynx. God, and his steadfast love and goodness, lasts forever. Our painful, mortal lives do not. Thank you...
  8. SilverBigBack

    Trusting God when everything is going downhill?

    My friend, it reads as though you are nearing unity with Paul when he wrote of being content in all things, in abundance or starvation. I can only dream and strive for that blessed state of being. I am not there yet, unfortunately. I will keep praying and striving. I suppose I will in the end...
  9. SilverBigBack

    Trusting God when everything is going downhill?

    Hello and thanks for your response. It was wise and biblically informed. I also thought of Job and similar figures and really I'm not sure there is much more to be said.
  10. SilverBigBack

    Trusting God when everything is going downhill?

    Good morning all. I hope anyone reading this has an enjoyable and restorative labor day weekend coming up! If you recognize my username you may also recognize it's been a while! I fear if I go into context, this post will degenerate into a pity-party. So I'll keep it simple: how do you trust...
  11. SilverBigBack

    Is it Biblically possible to take life too seriously?

    Thank you everyone for sharing. Cinder, could you please do me the service of sharing the title of this book? It sounds like an interesting and helpful read.
  12. SilverBigBack

    Is it Biblically possible to take life too seriously?

    Thank you very much for your response, and clearly experience and scripture-grounded wisdom. And, your enjoyment of The Princess Bride is indesputably BASED! Great film. I suppose I find my thoughts drifting and fixing on the melancholy and grievous things of life, even when plenty of good...
  13. SilverBigBack

    Is it Biblically possible to take life too seriously?

    SeoulSearch, Thank you for your response and thoughtfulness. Your words bring encouragement and insight without fail. I too have seen what you described about some Christians "talking the talk," but not "walking the walk." And jumping to "rebuke" a speck in their brother's eye while they...
  14. SilverBigBack

    Is it Biblically possible to take life too seriously?

    Good morning all. Time constraints forbid me from including relevant scriptures that I can think of with this question. In terms of application, I am thinking of the kind of person / mindset that is always solemn and serious, and the light-hearted jovial joker. I know it's never this "black...
  15. SilverBigBack

    Covetousness, and God's Favoritism?

    Hey everyone I want to quickly return on my lunch break here to say thanks again. The wisdom and encouragement that was shared here surprised me, and I once again wish I could reply to each person one by one; but in the meantime, your words are heard and valued! Have a blessed remainder of your...