Leonardo Von Dolinger de Brito
- Marital Status
- Spiritual Status
- When saved
- Country Flag/Nationality
- Country (Location)
- Favorite Bible Verse
Proverbs 23.23; 2 Corinthians 13.8; Jude 3
Seek to know the truth and live it, to stimulate it in the lives of those near.
My name is Leonardo Von Dolinger de Brito. I believe that Jesus Christ is personal God, the ONLY and SUFFICIENT Lord, Savior and Treasure of my life. It is not a cosmic energy or an impersonal force that can be found in every object or creature, but a Living and personal Being that wants to have relationships with us that we have been made in His image and likeness (Genesis 1:26,27).
As it says in (2Corinthians 5:20), I am an ambassador of the kingdom of Jesus Christ. To those who only know Jesus Christ of hearing, my role is to encourage them to seek Jesus until they know Him personally. It is not in my interest to speak of religion, but only about Holy Scripture, for who saves is Jesus Christ.
It is not my intention to answer all your doubts, nor to say that it is by me that you will know God. It would be very presumptuous for me to think this. After all, God is infinite and we know Him only in part (1 Corinthians 13:9). If there's anyone who needs to know Him better, this is me.
Nor do I hope to convince anyone of anything, for this is the task of the Holy Spirit (John 16:8). I also do not expect anyone to trust me. After all, as Jeremiah says:
• “Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.” (Jeremiah 17:5).
My role is to awaken in everyone the hunger to study and meditate on the Word of God (Psalm 1:1; John 5:24,25,40; John 6:35,37; John 7:37,39), and thirst for prayer, so that they are prepared to be presented to Jesus Christ as a pure virgin to a husband, namely, Christ (II Corinthians 11:2).
What I hope is to share what is written in the Holy Bible, since it is the infallible Word of God and, in some way, to encourage the person to seek in it and in Jesus Christ all the answers to his life.
I believe that Jesus is a LIVING and present God that speaks if we are willing to listen to what He has to say. The Sacred Scripture promises this:
• "And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. And I will be found of you, saith the LORD…" (Jeremiah 29:13,14).
• “Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." (Jeremiah 33.3).
To those who do not believe in Jesus Christ (or believe, but have not yet had a living experience with Jesus - have never seen, heard, felt - for those who see Jesus as a distant, disinterested, or dead God), I encourage them to put it into practice the two verses above: seek with all your heart to hear the voice of God; ask God to reveal Himself to you and grant you the privilege of knowing the truth (II Timothy 2: 24-26). Who is the best to tell us the right way to serve God rather than God Himself?
It is one thing to serve the god who is convenient to us and our way; It is quite another to serve the True God in His way.
I say this is because many, many times, I, myself, I thought I was right, when, in fact, I was doing wrong. How many times have I suffered and made others suffer for doing what seemed to be best in my own eyes (Proverbs 3:5-7). And the last thing I want for someone is to suffer what I've already suffered.
This need not happen! We do not have to get to the bottom of the pit and then seek God. You may say, "But I seek God."
But the question is, "Who is God to you? How are you looking for Him? Have you been serving God in His way or His way? After all, if God is indeed Lord, it is He who is in a position to say how we are to serve Him.
That's why He gave us the Sacred Scripture and uses the lives of people to warn us. Even though you may not agree with me on many things, I believe we can know Jesus Christ better together.
I believe much in what Proverbs says:
• “Without counsel purposes are disappointed: but in the multitude of counsellors they are established.” (Proverbs 15:22);
• “For by wise counsel thou shalt make thy war: and in multitude of counsellors there is safety.” (Proverbs 24:6)
• “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.” (Proverbs 3:5-7).
What is the best? We live deceiving ourselves, thinking that we are in the presence of God, when, in fact, we are serving the devil; or seek to hear the truth of God and accept it, even though truth often hurts?
What is the best? Let us live in the lie of suffering and making others suffer (and worse: without even realizing it), or seek in God what each one really needs?
In fact, let's start from the beginning: what do we need? What we want? Where are we? Where do we want to go? Are the goals we really set good for ourselves? Are they really going to satisfy us?
If we do not even know what is good for us, how do we hope we can help someone? If we are not even happy, what makes us think we can make others happy?
• “Do not err, my beloved brethren. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.” (James 1:16,17).
Furthermore taking into consideration that:
• “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?” (Jeremiah 17:9).
• “All the ways of a man are clean in his own eyes; but the LORD weigheth the spirits.” (Proverbs 16:2).
• “There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.” (Proverbs 16:25).
The truth is that there is no one SO BAD for us than we do! Do not you think so? Who do we attack the most? Is not those who love us the most? Who was responsible for all the calamities that have already fallen on us? Was it not ourselves when we make wrong decisions? And the detail: By the time we made such decisions, we thought we were making the best decision.
And it was not that we had no good intentions. The problem is that no one is able to do what is good. See what Paul says:
• “For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.” (Romans 7.15,17-21).
Whether we are willing or not, we are all slaves of sin:
• “What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; as it is written, there is none righteous, no, not one: there is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips: whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness: their feet are swift to shed blood: destruction and misery are in their ways: and the way of peace have they not known: there is no fear of God before their eyes.” (Romans 3.9-18).
The truth is that, without Jesus Christ, we are hopelessly lost and doomed to failure and suffering, both in this world and in the future.
Just as one's life is precious in the sight of God, (Ezekiel 33:11; Isaiah 55:6,7; II Peter 3:9) I do not want anyone to get hurt with the thorns he has planted without knowing:
• “Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.” (Galatians 6.7,8).
God sent His Son Jesus Christ precisely so that He could be our close friend, He Himself to heal the wounds of our soul and grant us the privilege of enjoying a life full of love, peace and happiness regardless of circumstances. We need not remain a slave of the traumas, disappointments, despair, and evil desires that do nothing but tear our souls apart from those we love.
Jesus Christ died on the cross of Calvary just so we would not have to pay for our sins; instead, we can be free from this cruel master (sin) who does nothing but induce us to seek destruction, misery (Romans 3:16,17) and death (Proverbs 14:12).
Finally, my desire is to encourage the direct relationship between each person and Jesus, as well as contribute, in some way, to the spiritual edification of each one.
To those who have already had a true and living encounter with Jesus, already completely surrendered their lives in the hands of Jesus Christ, my role is to contribute to their spiritual maturation, to help them to come closer to Jesus Christ, to have a more lively, personal and intense relationship with Him as a Bride who fervently loves His Bridegroom, as seen in (Psalm 42:1; 63:1; 69:3; 84:1,2,3,10; 122:1; 130:5,6; 143:6).
I hope that my messages can increase even more the flame of the love of God in their hearts and contribute material that can help evangelize those who are still living as orphans (not knowing they have such a rich and loving Father).
Note that the people of the Old Testament, although they did not have the Holy Spirit dwelling in them (this was only granted after Pentecost - John 7:39), they would faint because they were far from God.
And we, how many times we have spent days without praying or reading the Bible...
So, my desire is that people stop committing the same error of Job: only to know God of hearing (Job 42:3,5); instead of they being fans of Jesus (fan can know everything about the artist, but he has never seen him personally, or if he has seen him from afar - the artist does not even know of the existence of the fan) and become intimate friends of Jesus, such like Abraham (whom God called a friend - Isa. 41:8) or Enoch who, having become so intimate with God (walked 300 years with Jesus - Gen 5:22-24), He took it for Himself.
It is worth remembering that "knowing" in the bible implies a quality of relationship as profound as that between husband and wife (Gen 4:1 - ARC and ACF). He who is not known of God (does not hear His sweet voice, does not contemplate the beauty of His holiness, does not feel His touch) is excluded from heaven (Mt 7:21-23, Mt 25:12, Lk 13:23-28). The firm foundation of God (Jesus) only stands firm when we know Him (2 Tim. 2:19).
To those who have not yet truly believed in Jesus Christ to the point of being sure that He is all they need; who are still rooted and sticked in this world, preventing the Holy Spirit from moving freely through them (John 3:8), as well as impeding that the power and love of Jesus reaches all the fullness in their lives (Mark 12:24; 1 Corinthians 2:5), I hope that my messages can somehow shine forth the beauty of Christ's love, holiness, and purity, encouraging them to drop everything to follow Jesus (Luke 9:23) .
To those who are diverted from the ONLY Path that leads to salvation, I advise that they reconcile themselves with Jesus NOW! While we are alive, we can change our destiny. After we die, our destiny is sealed for all eternity.
• “And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:” (Hebrews 9:27).
Suppose that the person has sudden death, no time to repent. We well know what it means to die away from Jesus Christ:
• “The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: and the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.”. (Revelation 14:10,11).
To the lukewarm, that is, although they are in the church, they still insist on cultivating the hidden sins that are in their heart, I want to remind them:
• “For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness. What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death. But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” (Romans 6.20-23).
• “Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:” (Hebrews 12:14).
• “Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;” (1Peter 2.11).
• Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.” (1Corinthians 6.9,10).
• “Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.” (Galatians 5.19-21).
• “But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Be not ye therefore partakers with them.” (Ephesians 5.3-7).
• “Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.” (Revelation 22.14,15).
• “I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.” (Revelation 3.15-18).
To the lukewarm, I ask them to reflect: do you want to be the cause of vomit in the One who loved you and gave Himself for you so that you would not perish, but had life, and life with abundance? (John 3:15,16, John 10:10, Galatians 2:20).
Summarizing: my role is know the truth increasingly (Proverbs 4.18) and stimulate all get it and receive it within themselves so that everyone can be sure that the truth is not mere utopia, but something wonderful that free us of being slaves of the Babylonian System that rule this world and, consequently, of being a curse in the lives of the others.
"Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth." (Hosea 6.3).
Your messages have been liked 25 times.
Somebody out there liked one of your messages. Keep posting like that for more!
You've posted 100 messages. I hope this took you more than a day!
30 messages posted. You must like it here!
Post a message somewhere on the site to receive this.