“Let there be light”; and there was light.”

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 11, 2021
Genesis 1:1-3
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Before God spoke his powerful words, the earth was without form and empty, and in deep darkness. This is a mirror reflection of our hearts before we meet God. We are born with the seed of sin, born with our hearts disconnected to God. What is the reason why people engage in constant pursuit of happiness in their lives? People live life doing their best to live happy lives but only to feel more empty inside as times passes by. So they try to fill that void however they know with the things of the world, through fulfilling the desires of the flesh. But in the end, does any of that truly fill that void? We just end up in repetitive cycle only to add on more and more till that void is filled but never quite get there. That is because, our flesh cannot be fulfilled through the things of the world. Just like the earth in Genesis chapter 1, my heart was once filled with extreme darkness and empty. Then one day, the light entered my heart and all that darkness and emptiness, disappeared instantly, just as God spoke his word to the earth and said, "Let there be light." All the darkness just disappeared. If we take a moment to look around us at the world God has given us, how amazing is it? All things were given to us so that we can sustain life. All of this was created when God spoke his words to a world that was full of darkness, emptiness and void. Look how perfect and beautiful this world turned out. In the same way God wants to work inside of every single one of our hearts. No matter who we are, what we were like or however we have lived our lives up until now, when the word of God enters into our hearts, there is no one who will not change.

Thank you for taking the time to read this message.

May 8, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write this. Indeed it is amazing!

"For at one time you were in darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light" ~Eph 5:8

God bless you, let your light shine before others ☀️
~Bell

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Genesis 1:1-3
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Before God spoke his powerful words, the earth was without form and empty, and in deep darkness. This is a mirror reflection of our hearts before we meet God. We are born with the seed of sin, born with our hearts disconnected to God. What is the reason why people engage in constant pursuit of happiness in their lives? People live life doing their best to live happy lives but only to feel more empty inside as times passes by. So they try to fill that void however they know with the things of the world, through fulfilling the desires of the flesh. But in the end, does any of that truly fill that void? We just end up in repetitive cycle only to add on more and more till that void is filled but never quite get there. That is because, our flesh cannot be fulfilled through the things of the world. Just like the earth in Genesis chapter 1, my heart was once filled with extreme darkness and empty. Then one day, the light entered my heart and all that darkness and emptiness, disappeared instantly, just as God spoke his word to the earth and said, "Let there be light." All the darkness just disappeared. If we take a moment to look around us at the world God has given us, how amazing is it? All things were given to us so that we can sustain life. All of this was created when God spoke his words to a world that was full of darkness, emptiness and void. Look how perfect and beautiful this world turned out. In the same way God wants to work inside of every single one of our hearts. No matter who we are, what we were like or however we have lived our lives up until now, when the word of God enters into our hearts, there is no one who will not change.

Thank you for taking the time to read this message.
excellent post

I don't know why reading a large paragraph online is difficult [as opposed to say a book] but it is, that block paragraph could be broken into 3 - 4 paragraphs that would make it easier on the eyes. ... just a friendly tip ;)

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Absolutely beautiful. What a remarkable post. In fact, I saw the thread title and thought to myself, "Ok. Here we go again." Thinking still, "It'll be the same old thing where Scripture isn't understood in its underlying, Core Message." Talk about being pleasantly surprised! You've written it much better than I could have. I give you a stout THANK YOU!

By the way, were you aware that there is an incredible description of what happened to you . . . when Light came into your Heart? I don't know why, but "preachers" of at least the last forty years are keeping the below Seven Incredible Verses out of their mouths. These Seven Amazing Verses are what the Bible is about . . . Christ overcoming the darkness in our Hearts . . . the moment when Christ said, "Let there be the Light of Life in their Hearts!" Here it is my friend, and if you don't appreciate the NLT, check out the beloved KJV . . . it is just as unbelievable . . .

Colossians 2:9-15 NLT - "For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body. So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority. When you came to Christ, you were "circumcised," but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision--the cutting away of your sinful nature. For you were buried with Christ when you were baptized. And with him you were raised to new life because you trusted the mighty power of God, who raised Christ from the dead. You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross."

Why are we not aware of these verses? The entire doctrine has been kept hidden behind the shameful Word, "Circumcision." This is no accident, for this Holy Mystery has been hidden even from the Jews for thousands of years. Whoever wakes up to this Core Doctrine . . . if you do not already belong to the Holy Remnant, you're very close to it!

May 11, 2021
excellent post

I don't know why reading a large paragraph online is difficult [as opposed to say a book] but it is, that block paragraph could be broken into 3 - 4 paragraphs that would make it easier on the eyes. ... just a friendly tip ;)
excellent post

Yes, thank you. I will keep thar in mind 😊

May 11, 2021
Absolutely beautiful. What a remarkable post. In fact, I saw the thread title and thought to myself, "Ok. Here we go again." Thinking still, "It'll be the same old thing where Scripture isn't understood in its underlying, Core Message." Talk about being pleasantly surprised! You've written it much better than I could have. I give you a stout THANK YOU!

By the way, were you aware that there is an incredible description of what happened to you . . . when Light came into your Heart? I don't know why, but "preachers" of at least the last forty years are keeping the below Seven Incredible Verses out of their mouths. These Seven Amazing Verses are what the Bible is about . . . Christ overcoming the darkness in our Hearts . . . the moment when Christ said, "Let there be the Light of Life in their Hearts!" Here it is my friend, and if you don't appreciate the NLT, check out the beloved KJV . . . it is just as unbelievable . . .

Colossians 2:9-15 NLT - "For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body. So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority. When you came to Christ, you were "circumcised," but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision--the cutting away of your sinful nature. For you were buried with Christ when you were baptized. And with him you were raised to new life because you trusted the mighty power of God, who raised Christ from the dead. You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross."

Why are we not aware of these verses? The entire doctrine has been kept hidden behind the shameful Word, "Circumcision." This is no accident, for this Holy Mystery has been hidden even from the Jews for thousands of years. Whoever wakes up to this Core Doctrine . . . if you do not already belong to the Holy Remnant, you're very close to it!
Thank you for taking the time to write this. Indeed it is amazing!

"For at one time you were in darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light" ~Eph 5:8

God bless you, let your light shine before others ☀️
~Bell

😊 Amem

4ChristAlone

Love it.

It says also,

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead

So even his eternal power and Godhead can be shown through these things

You can run it like how you just did, showing the word made flesh (as Jesus comes a light into this world)

Genesis 1:3 And God said, Let there be light:

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,

and there was light.

John 12:46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

He is the true light which lighteth every man

John 1:9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

Which is the light in our hearts

2 Corinthians 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

The same is shown in the city also, for example here

Revelation 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Just as here, Christ, who is the light in us is our hope of glory

Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Just as it speask of the city and the lamb being the light thereof, Jesus says,

Mat 5:14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

So lots of wonderful things to see in these things pertaining to Christ in us.