1 Chr 17:11-15

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

clarkthompson

Jul 8, 2012
[h=1]1 Chronicles 17:11-15 King James Version (KJV)[/h] [SUP]11 [/SUP]And it shall come to pass, when thy days be expired that thou must go to be with thy fathers, that I will raise up thy seed after thee, which shall be of thy sons; and I will establish his kingdom.
[SUP]12 [/SUP]He shall build me an house, and I will stablish his throne for ever.
[SUP]13 [/SUP]I will be his father, and he shall be my son: and I will not take my mercy away from him, as I took it from him that was before thee:
[SUP]14 [/SUP]But I will settle him in mine house and in my kingdom for ever: and his throne shall be established for evermore.
[SUP]15 [/SUP]According to all these words, and according to all this vision, so did Nathan speak unto David.

[h=1]1 Chronicles 17:11-15 Common English Bible (CEB)[/h] [SUP]11 [/SUP]When the time comes for you to die, I will raise up a descendant of yours after you, one of your own sons, to succeed you, and I will establish his kingship. [SUP]12 [/SUP]He is the one who will build me a temple, and I will establish his throne forever. [SUP]13 [/SUP]I will become his father and he will become my son, and I’ll never withdraw my faithful love from him as I did from the one before you. [SUP]14 [/SUP]I’ll install him in my house and in my kingdom forever, and his throne will be established forever.
[SUP]15 [/SUP]Nathan faithfully reported all that he had seen and heard to David.

Common English Bible (CEB)
Copyright © 2011 by Common English Bible

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

11 This is referring to when David dies. This refers to Solomon but also can be taken to refer to Christ our Lord as well. Solomon’s kingdom ended after Solomon died but Christ’s kingdom began after His death because He defeated death.

12 Solomon would build the temple but Jesus would be the temple and thru Him David’s seed will always remain on the throne.

13 Jesus is the Son of God who is the Father, Jesus would be God born as man, the Son. Saul had God’s mercy taken from him, Solomon would have a good reign and would make peace and not have to go to war.

14 Jesus’ is the only man whose grave is empty because He rose from it, Enoch and Elijah never died so they never had graves or tombs to begin with. Jesus will reign forever and be praised eternally.

15 Nathan had to share the truth with David, he did not know how he would react to not being able to build the temple, he could have taken it all as bad news but Nathan gave the word any way, we are to share God’s word no matter what the results may be.